Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Food and Beverage Manager

Work-life balanceMinimum 50 hours a week for managersPay & benefitsGreat pay. Minimum for the hotel was about $15 an hourJob security and advancementAmazing growth and development. Went from front desk agent to supervisor to manager all within 3 years.CultureSuper fast paced but if you are good at customer service then you will go far!OverallI loved Hyatt and I would have been there forever if I hadn’t gotten laid off from COVID-19. I was able to move up quickly and they truly showed care for their employees.
Working in hospitality, most know the work is tough and the hours are not ideal especially when you’re a manager. Hyatt was my first hotel industry career and I loved everyone I worked with. I was looking for more advancement but was unable to achieve the role desired due to working at a small property.
Pros
People
Cons
Work life balance
Was good working with team. Organisation culture is good and management is well balanced and look after every individual with their personal training and growth.
Hyatt is known for its Food & Beverage all over the World with new concepts and learning options available all the times for all job levels. Its a great place to work.
Interesting guests from all around the world. Great breakfast. Friends and family room discounts. Getting up at 4:00 a.m. is hard, but once you are at work and get a little free breakfast and the strong coffee, the anxiety all goes away....
They can do better with pay. GM plays small role besides giving orders. They need to be train better to interact with staff more effectively. Hiring practices are amateur.
Working for the Hyatt corporation has been a true pleasure. The company is very well structured and allows people that work there to express themselves and contribute
Fast paced ever changing environment with great advancement opportunities. Lot's of different positions to learn a grow with a culture of promoting from within.
It is a great place to work if you want to improve your skills in the food and beverages area cause the Resort of the Hyatt has a lot of restaurants and events threw the year.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Work 5-6 days a week Learnt lots of emergency situation such as delay flight or last min(2 hours notes) event pick up Culture is try to make things happen with good service
I did not like working at the Hyatt in Bellevue for many reasons. I feel like everyone there is extremely overworked and underpaid. The management there was an absolute joke and nobody knew what they were doing.
In Hotel industry, I learned lot about food and beverages. varieties of cultural foods, different types of wine as per region, grapes and soils. I also learned more about customer service by interacting with different nationalities customers. You learn about the culture and behaviors which help us to give better service to customer.
I loved working at the Hyatt. It was a place that said that everyone was family and you FELT like you were family. Unfortunately when I moved I had to leave the company but overall I loved working there.
Poor management. Do not honor seniority. Poor management and compensation. Human Resources management is very poor. Reverse discrimination. Food and beverage executives are very poor and unexperienced.
Cons
Long hours, poor management, no honor for long term employees. Age discrimination
One of the largest convention hotels in North America. You work hard and put in long hours but the reward of a successful day/week/year are worth the time you put in. Areas of growth are everywhere and Hyatt promotes a culture of training and preparing managers for their next roll.
this is a great location for the team to learn to work and create a Hyatt difference. the team is awesome and the leadership is spot on. every day is an opportunity to be successful.
Over all a good work day, and have a lot , managing team, leadership, supportive management, new challenges and tasks, postpone of the new openings. Achieved the desired results
Was the Banquet manager there, so had a lot of fun working in a newly remodled hotel. Unique that it was in the airport of the actual terminal. Had some good career movement as i was able to start working in restaurants as I had historically been in banquets,
Started as a dishwasher and through proving knowledge and had work reached Management. Had great people to learn from and learned a lot on how to interact with employees and Hotel customers.
Pros
Great work environment
I truly enjoyed my time at hyatt and especially the team i worked with. we were managed by concord hospitality and bot companies really did their part to be involved to create a wonder culture among staff members.
Great team. Good location Good place to learn lots of things. Career growth potential. Staff is excellent. ..............................................
Pros
good benefits
Cons
good benefits
  1. Food and Beverage Manager