Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Food and Beverage Manager

Work-life balanceMinimum 50 hours a week for managersPay & benefitsGreat pay. Minimum for the hotel was about $15 an hourJob security and advancementAmazing growth and development. Went from front desk agent to supervisor to manager all within 3 years.CultureSuper fast paced but if you are good at customer service then you will go far!OverallI loved Hyatt and I would have been there forever if I hadn’t gotten laid off from COVID-19. I was able to move up quickly and they truly showed care for their employees.
I went into Hyatt as a corporate management trainee. When I completed my program, they were on a hiring freeze, but squeezed me in at a very low salary. I worked my butt off, sometimes 16 hours a day, and if I didn't get to eat 3 meals at work I would not have survived because the salary didn't match the cost of living in San Diego. My next few promotions came with very little salary increases and eventually the amount of work I was putting in for the amount of money I was getting paid just wasn't worth it anymore.
Upper management would not control drama in the workplace. The company did very much focus on their customers however did not place much care in treating their employees well.
Pros
Beautiful environment to work in
Typically busy with international business people, Management is present, Good team of people throughout the hotel. Still young hotel.I most enjoy interacting with the guest, being on the plaza you see a great spectrum of people.
Pros
free lunch/dinner buffet 7/365
Hyatt one of the best Hotel companies to work for in the world ,I have worked for hotels across UK US & Asia and Hyatt was the only one that really cares about their employees. They value you as a person and understand that we have lives out the work environment.
Pros
Free hotel stays all over the world, career advancement, family feel
Cons
I don't want to have to write a review of the company to complete this process. Perhaps this request should be voluntary, instead of mandatory. Perhaps.
Cons
Horrible scheduling
Business is based on conventions going on in the city. When there isn't one going on, we are not that busy. When there is an event going on, be prepared to get slammed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
ridiculous hours
Hotel work is hard. You work a lot of hours and the pay is not that great when you first get into management. Hyatt was a great place to work, very fast and busy environment. Excellent management teams and overall fun place to work.
excellent place to work great attitudes and family atmosphere. I like the ability to move up in the company and also world wide locations. good benefits!
Hyatt is a great place to work if you are a server or bartender. I would highly recommend these positions with this employer. The travel benefits are AMAZING. I miss those tremendously. I would not recommend being a manager for this company. It is my understanding they pay the least out of the large hotel chains. The hours can be inconsistent depending on the needs of the property. You still have the awesome travel benefits, but not the salary to support what you may want to do on your trip vs the server/bartender money. Had to work all holidays, so special days with family were a rarity. Both positions offer a great 401 K.
Pros
Travel benefits. Potential tip earnings. 401K. Health Insurance.
Cons
In management - Hours and lack of work/life balance.
Great company with excellent benefited but..... women paid much less. Than men. Work life balance is tough. I still loved the atmosphere and team spirit.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Low pay
The Hyatt company is perfect place to grow, to make a good career and to learn a lot and I'm very grateful to them. But I would like to grow further, to get the new international experience, new brand, new people, new culture...............
Good
Cons
growing
On a daily basis I reviewed our inventory at each restaurant outlet and our main storage area to check inventory levels, create purchase orders and order needed products. Met with the Catering Department to review upcoming functions and determine the specific needs for each function. Staffed the catering events with Banquet Bartenders. Requisitioned the products for each event as well as accounting for product usage per event and re-stocking the unused products. Ran weekly and monthly inventory. Created an inventory system to re-stock the individual Restaurant Outlets as well as training the Restauant Managers in Beverage Procedures.
Pros
Working in a large and varied beverage program, training staff.
Is a small hotel so everyone is like family in there, but there is too many politics or too much bureaucracy, so in order to advance you have to be friends with the right people. Balancing your life is quite hard depending your role in that place.
At the property I worked at, each department was out to blame another. I had a manager that would frequently call people names or would just overall talk down to you, he was an absolute bully. Upper management were very 2 faced and did not hold back on how they displayed favoritism with their management team and associates. I was never allowed to use my vacation time as it would go to others who had requested time off long after me. I worked more hours than my superior and never was appreciated. Hyatt has left a disgusting taste in my mouth and I wasted over 11 years of my career and life.
Pros
It was close to where I lived
Cons
Everything. Horrible place to work!
I learned it is important to see the big picture and the focus point during certain business period. Customer experience is the most important, and we should do our best to satisfy customers and make their day. For employees, our colleagues are at the heart of Hyatt, and we care for them so they can be their best – at work and beyond.
Cook / Prep Cook breakfast & lunch menus following food safety standards Inventoried food & beverage supplies & placed orders Knowledge of food safety practice
I worked for Hyatt for almost my whole working life and I feel very proud and lucky for being able to be part of the Hyatt family for 13 years.There is a lot of investment in the people and great opportunities for career advancement.The benefits provided are great and you can even stay in the hotels for free for some days in the year!
Everybody stays close and connected with each other, each department works and flows well with each other. The managers are encouraging and seek to make each employee grow while staying interested in their personal lives. Everybody is eager to get their jobs complete with great customer service. The hotel has grown high in ratings and built a reputation making it easy to be prideful in the work I do. Working with the friendly faces at work and communicating so well makes the job enjoyable. Keeping up with all the business and different diverse groups can make the job a fun challenge. I have learned how to manage my time accordingly and communicate with many departments to produce high quality work and fluent motions through every day procedures.
Pros
Benefits, Union
Cons
Pay to park, Lack of hours
This company is a favorite brand to my career it also provide a very good platform for demonstrating your skills and knowledge while you learn new things.
Pros
international recognised brand
A typical work day included providing excellent customer service to guest attending a breakfast, lunch, dinner, wedding, conference function. The Hyatt food and beverage department is a fast paced department in which time goes by very fast. the culture is very diverse and its awesome to work with various cultures on a daily basis.
Pros
lunch/ dinner available during shifts, discount rooms, tips
Cons
long hours on your feet, heavy lifting