Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Food and Beverage Manager

Work-life balanceMinimum 50 hours a week for managersPay & benefitsGreat pay. Minimum for the hotel was about $15 an hourJob security and advancementAmazing growth and development. Went from front desk agent to supervisor to manager all within 3 years.CultureSuper fast paced but if you are good at customer service then you will go far!OverallI loved Hyatt and I would have been there forever if I hadn’t gotten laid off from COVID-19. I was able to move up quickly and they truly showed care for their employees.
Job was faced paced, high volume. Management was horrible and under qualified. High employee turnover. Workplace culture was limited. Guests were diverse.
Cons
Short Breaks to no breaks, Poor management
Great place to explore the hospitality field. Started as a pool server then started bartending which helped open doors for me in helping other food and beverage outlets out which helped me to move up to be apart of leadership
There's never a dull day at work. Meeting and assisting new people each day is a reward of the trade. Whether travelers or extended stay guests, we are there to meet their needs.
Working there was fun I was young they trained me greatly in management techniques also you were able to stay free at Hyatt when on vacation went to Hyatt training classes in management seem like 2 years
Pros
Good working enviorment good people
Cons
Lots of hours
This is my second Hyatt I've worked at and I love the culture. Hyatt truly cares about their employees and making sure they have what they need to be successful. They believe if their employees are happy with where they work, they will perform better. I love that about Hyatt.
Hyatt is a wonderful company to work for. You can travel anywhere you want in the world and you'll feel at home. The job possibilities are endless. Great perks with room rates and discounts .A typical work day would be anywhere from 10-14 hour shifts. I've learned how to use different systems and manage my time effectively. Workplace can be a bit stressful at times but there is always support. The hardest part of my job is work/life balance. Having a family and working in the industry is extremely difficult. I enjoy meeting new people along with introducing and teaching them about different products. The up sell is the rush of the job.
Pros
room rates, free lunch
Cons
always on call, working with other departments that are disorganized.
Everything was good, working conditions were good and staff cared about the condition of the environment. The management was great as well as the fellow coworkers.
As a former Manager of the hotel, I can say, InterMountain Management is not involved at all. The worst turnover I have ever seen in just one year. There are some passionate employees and members of management, however, many of the good employees leave because they are over-worked and under appreciated. I do not suggest working for IMM of any of their hotels.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Employee Turnover, Absent Management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
great company as always many years invested into this company and I have learned both rooms and food and beverage operations. not a day goes by that I do not learn something else new .
Pros
everything
Cons
Pros
everything
Cons
Extremely high turnover rate for management General Manager is overbearing and a micromanager Other managers fearful of losing job No job security Hardest part about the job is dealing with management Small property, easy work, small events, staff great
Cons
Poor management, no uniforms, no free meals
Great co-workers, lively staff, and great benefits. Get to stay around the country or around the world as a Hyatt employee. One of the many perks of working in a large Global Hotel.
if your looking for long term and working at a fun place with business goals. This is the place and company. Hyatt Hotel chain is great, with caring leadership, caring GM and caring teams.
Pros
everything, growth, development, caring leadership
Cons
no Cons. great place to work
My first hotel experience so it was different, but I learned a lot. It was the biggest responsibility I had ever had after I got used to it, it was great .The management took their time with us .
Pros
I had great managers to teach me, so it settled down quickly an dadjusted accordingly
Cons
It was very kong hours and almost 7 days a week at first .
Hyatt CHESA is a great place for young people to start a hospitality career path. A typical day at work includes scheduling, checking our areas for cleanliness, interacting with our guests, and keeping a steady section rotation. I've learned a lot from working at Hyatt. How to interact effectively with patrons and to diffuse situations. Our management at Hyatt has always been a struggle. Training is not always a priority or taken seriously so some areas fail to meet expectations. Everyone we work with at Hyatt is great at what they do. Personalities mean a lot in this industry. I would definitely say the hardest part of this job is not being in control of all situations. For example, we've had to close our pools numerous times over the summer due to the weather or a bio hazard. It becomes an issue when we have upset guests who can not use the pool and they are frustrated with us but its something we don't have much control over. The most enjoyable part would be seeing the faces of returning guests that you know and they know you. Its a great feeling when they come up to you and know your name right away or don't have to look directly at your name tag. Its a good feeling for them as well, showing that we do care enough to remember who they are.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
management
Family athmosphere Good environement to work Good communication betwen all different departement Annual Bonus + Prime
Being such a large company it is very difficult to acquire a personal relationship with the management. There was communication problems which made it hard to preform properly.
*Inventorying, requisitioning, order placing *Oversee 5 entities/outlets regarding alcohol beverages within the hotel *vendor client relation training, cost and control training, financial aspects, order placing, spirit-beer-wine training, etc etc *friendly, career driven, team players *the job *THE JOB, customer service
Pros
free launch, 401k benefits, career opportunity long term, etc
Cons
compensation
Management was responsive to complaints, kind co-workers, HR did a good job of hiring and bringing in new talent. Hardest part of job was dealing with difficult/negative guests, but was always successful in reaching a middle ground with these guests, Most enjoyable part of job was meeting all of the traveling/ interesting guests.
Great Hotel and Excellence company to work for. Hyatt culture exceeds any expectations as well as the Learn and Grow philosophy.