Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Food and Beverage Manager

Work-life balanceMinimum 50 hours a week for managersPay & benefitsGreat pay. Minimum for the hotel was about $15 an hourJob security and advancementAmazing growth and development. Went from front desk agent to supervisor to manager all within 3 years.CultureSuper fast paced but if you are good at customer service then you will go far!OverallI loved Hyatt and I would have been there forever if I hadn’t gotten laid off from COVID-19. I was able to move up quickly and they truly showed care for their employees.
No leadership or direction from upper management. This place is very unorganized and disgustingly unsanitary. The view is the only good thing about this god awful job.
Pros
Views
Cons
Lack of management, lack of sanitation, lack of leadership, traffic, terrible pay, no life balance
I had a lot of good memories form this company. They are one of the must prestigious hospitality businesses in the world. They are good with their emoloyees, have good benefits. A nice place to worked. There is alwasy room for improvement, to grow in the company, to move forwad, to transfer within the company if you wish. You will have a multicultural staff and is enjoyable to work with them and learn about their culture and sometimes a few words of their native language.
Pros
Free Lunch, dicount at some hotel oulets
Cons
Is a 365 days business so you have to be available for holidays to work.
Hyatt is good to employees and most are happy. Management can sometimes be unaware of unrest, but for the most part the company is filled with hard workers and smart people.
Great place for career-driven, hard-working people. Hotel chain with a passion for service and going above and beyond for their guests.
Company totes itself as being employee focused and cares for their employees when it is nonsense. Upper management was narrow minded and never cared to see the whole pictures. Good luck trying to get any shifts as a union employee because if you do get a shift, you work the grave yards, and if you are the newest employee, get ready for the worst possible assignments as seniority rules all. Pros are that if you do your time, you do get to move up / relocate. Cons, time = 5-8 years before you can think about moving up.
Pros
free coffee, free food
Cons
union, upper management, long hours, no one will have your back
Hyatt was a fun and challenging place to work. I learned a lot of work life balance was an issue. Very professional and I would work for them again.
Overall this is a great place to work. It's a huge company so if you are willing to move you get moved up every year almost. The bad part of working at this specific hotel is how expensive it is to live anywhere near the hotel. You are in one of the most expensive zip codes in the US.
Pros
Free food, discounted skiing, free hotel rooms
Cons
You have zero holiday time
Hyatt can be a great company and they will work you very hard. Some department heads are fantastic and some aren't. Hopefully you get lucky.
Had a blast. The property gets all of it's money during the ski season, so they are willing to pay overtime. "Stay until you must leave" Good shift meals, if you work a double you can still make a run or two in during your break. If you are qualified and work your bum off, there's a spot for you. Money is good too. It's your own lemonade stand.... if you can handle a big section, they'll give it to you. Go and get it.
My coworkers are the best part about work. Research the brands within the portfolio and pick the one that you will fit best.
Good property gave me an opportunity to build my base,worked in the organisation for over 5 years.
A typical day began with my opening the alcohol locker at 6:30AM and loading carts for 2 18-hole golf courses, After carts were loaded and locker secured, checked with 19th Hole (clubhouse cafe) to make sure it was stocked for day. Then began the daily duties of ordering, hiring, training, AP, AR, etc. At 10PM secured alcohol locker and went home. During a few winter months, days began at 10AM and ended at 4PM, making up for long summer days. I leaned how to schedule employees, how to handling catering for golf tournaments, how to order F&B and alcohol based on usage and upcoming events. The management I had was good, and most of the time, I was left to manage without supervision. I worked well with all my co-workers. Scheduling was the most difficult thing for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Pros
Meeting people, fun, relaxed atmosphere, casual attire
Cons
Meeting deadlines, fast pace
The team which I worked with was very supportive the outlet managers were great very much supportive , provided training The management provided all necessary equipments, trainings that would enhance Guest satisfaction. The hardest part of the job was that we had 4 Restaurants and food from any restaurant can be served any where there is no restriction to the type of cuisine that particular restaurant serves e.g., in the Italian restaurant guest could also have Indian food and the kitchens are separate for each cuisine but we overcame this problem by training the team and by supporting each other. The most enjoyable part was we had guest from all over the world have different cultures,different eating habits we enjoyed serving the guests ,enjoyed learning their table culture ect.
Pros
The food provided was awesome to the staff and it changed everyday
This company has a great structure that encourages a happy and comfortable place to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Learned management of staff, as well as other managers. There really isn't a typical day because it's constantly changing and you're always being pulled in different directions. Therefore, multi-tasking and flexibility are incredibly important when working in this industry. It can push you at times but I believe it has made me more confident in myself and what kind of manager I am. Meeting so many new people and getting to know the regular guests is one of the best parts of the job.
This is a company with potential potential for advancement, but comes at the price of work/life balance.
The team is supportive and fun but very hardworking too. The hours are long but it is a rewarding and enjoyable place to work.
The Hyatt Hotel Corporation has provided me with many opportunities to advance my career in the hospitality industry. I started as a Corporate Management Trainee in early 2011. In this position, I learned every aspect of each department within a 500 room hotel. By gaining an understanding of every area, I feel that I am able to understand and empathize with guests and associates in difficult situations as well as celebrate their successes. I was quickly promoted to an Assistant Food & Beverage manager with a concentration in the outlets. I managed the 3-meal restaurant, room service, and the bar/lounge. As with other smaller properties, I was also able to assist in C.S. floor, stewarding, culinary, and banquets during peak business needs. Most importantly, working at a medium-sized property, my associates and managers felt like family. I was promoted to the Assistant Bar Manager and relocated completely. Now working at a large convention hotel with over 2,000 rooms, I was challenged with extreme demand from transient as well as group business in a late-night bar atmosphere. This position was grueling as we would see upwards of 300 guests at a time. I managed 25 associates including servers, bartenders, and bar porters. These associates are represented by a local union organization which posed new challenges. One of the most difficult parts of the job was scheduling and understanding my basic rights as a manager. I really enjoyed listening to their stories, as most of them have been working at this hotel for over 25 years. They are professionals at - more...
Pros
ability to relocate, career growth and development, vacation time, free hotel nights
Cons
union agreements, corporate politics, upper management
When you work at Hyatt, you work for Hyatt. Decisions come from Corporate down. They have a strong desire to be innovative and grow the brand as a whole. Somewhat regemented in promotion and career growth
Pros
Associates and casual atmosphere not typical of most chains
Cons
Limited paths for career growth
*Great location *Work/Life balance didnt seem to matter much
  1. Food and Beverage Manager