Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for General Maintenance

General Maintenance16 reviews
Hyatt was by far the best place I’ve ever worked at. They always accommodated me when I was going through tough times. They helped me through some of the toughest moments in my life. I thank them for that.
Hyatt Regency Palm Springs is an excellent place to work with an opportunity for growth. I worked as a preventative maintenance engineer as was allowed to reorganize the Preventative maintenance program in such a way as it received the Hyatt most improved Hotel for 2016.
Pros
Free lunch. Excellent vacation and sick day plan.
Cons
There are no cons.
I worked as a general maintenance engineer and loved it. I left due to moving to a different location and 1 person in that specific location was a racist and I wasn't going to stand for that.
Pros
Fun and fast paced with advancement opportunities.
Cons
Can't park there year round.
Great company to work for. Management was great guest were amazing. definitely hard work considering it was at the DFW airport. would love to work there again.
Good people, good vibes, and good place to work. Need to personally introduce myself to a different environment to learn about more diverse engineering opportunities. Different environment causes for different challenges.
Would answer room calls all day and keep up with maint. tasks. Learned many new jobs like cleaning pool/repairing pumps/ taking care of outside lighting,ect. Had good management. Co workers related to each other as a teem.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
All class building lots of day time heat in some areas
Grand Hyatt is a alright place to work,but some of the management need to be replace. They have a very poor of talking to some the co-workers
Pros
meals was ok, could've been better
Cons
Healthcare was the best
I learn a lot from my co-workers; develop my confidence, enjoying working with them; good team work; respecting each other and the management are very supportive.
Tons of hours, management is really laid back while still playing a leadership role to ensure company advancement and sustainability.
Pros
$1.50 Lunch, 30 min breaks
Cons
This company did not compare to expectations that were projected.
Department manager distracted by other departments leaving disorganized junior management overseeing production.

An extreme atmosphere of disharmony in all operational departments.

Heavy turnover due to low evidence of goal realization and compensation expectations.

And to say not all was bad I did meet some fantastic people and still maintain a relationship with several that are spread all around the country now and most all not affiliated with this company any longer.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Under staffing on pm and overnight shifts.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
great place to learn and with it being a 5 diamond property the training was very helpful in learning for the hospitality business.
every little steps i made in work station i see to it that i bein learn so much to that in the next generation it will be easy for me to understand although every day is pressure at work some and most of the time we have some priorities i stay in a good condition to calm down and to be focus,patient and hospitality sympathies making such decision which very helpful to the department giving some advice and good ideas provide a long term solution to a problem
my happiness at job is to success what was the project has been given and well done properly without any question of officers

hardest job is normal for me because working in engineering is you need more patient, flexible to face in every challenge and you should be strong i learned to handle a lot of jobs in every different department and communications of all times
Pros
free meals
Cons
only 30 min breaks and 10 hours of duty
The Hyatt Whitney provided a challenging environment to work in. Great benefits. Steady, reliable supervisors.
Pros
Received free hotel rooms anywhere in the Hyatt chain of hotels.
Cons
Too many supervisors often created confusion in our department.
Hyatt Whitney Hotel provided me with the chance to expznd my maintenance skills and to really use my painting skills to full advantage. sadly, this hotel no longer exists. It was converted into apartments.
Pros
Great atmosphere! Excellent supervisors!
Cons
Wages were a little low.
.A typical day at work is to prepare everything I need to do my job.I learned how to prioritized them.Management are the people that run and set something to the company to achieve their goals.My co workers was very happy and hard working fellows.The hardest part of the job was to have a new Manager.The most enjoyaable part of the job was most of the time working together with others.
Pros
free lunches and breaks
Cons
expensive health insurance
Typical day at work are preventive maintenance such as rooms, and machine; and also solve all guest complains for guest room, publics rooms, etc. I learned that team work and hospitality industry are most important and fun to learn.I enjoyed when I always meet guest while there is guest complained.
Pros
free lunches, dental benefit, and health benefit
Cons
lack of career development