Hyatt Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,787 reviews
Can be fun depending on who is working that day.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA16 January 2020
Hyatt is a pretty good company with benefits, including discounted or free lodging in other Hyatt’s. Pay is just average and most employees in the Southern California area have to work second jobs to make it. Pay could be much better. Big variances between line staff and managers.
Could do better
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX16 January 2020
Racist and verbally abusive manager.
Do not ever recommend anyone working here, had very high hopes for this place. Manager also stopped scheduling people to work and gave the employees no explanation, they weren’t even told if they were fired.
The Housekeeper manager is wonderful
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX16 January 2020
Clean hotel . One of the cleanest hotels I ever work for. The manager at the time , she went over and beyond for her girls during hard times .. Salary could've been better , but the job itself was cool
Recepcionista (Former Employee) –  Puerto Vallarta, Jal.15 January 2020
Buena empresa para trabajar, buenas prestaciones y sistema de comisiones, buen ambiente laboral
No consistency in policies
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA15 January 2020
The managers will make ex exceptions to the company policies they expect you to follow in front of the guest when convenient and document you for the same actions if you make the decisions yourself. No support until mistakes are made
Beautiful place to work at
Garde Manager Chef (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA15 January 2020
Days of work at the Grand Hyatt where long hours 10 o 12 hours, but they seem to go faster because I had a great team to work with and make my day go very smooth and fun, management was very supportive and helpful and anything that I needed they were there to help me .culture at the Hyatt is to give the best experience possible to their customers and also their employees , The hardest part of the job for me was going from a small resort and Lost Pines Bastrop Texas to the second largest hotel in the Hyatt I had to really get some cardio going every day walking from one kitchen to another . The most enjoyable part of this job was living in San Diego and working at the grand Hyatt it’s a beautiful facility the people are Streamley friendly and learning new cuisine because people in California eat way different than in Texas .
Pros
Free lunch, employees appreciation days
Caring, Encouraging, Innovative, and All Around Great
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 January 2020
Hyatt has been a great place to work. Management truly embodies Hyatt's purpose and care for their colleagues so they can be their best. They also want to see their employees grow and succeed, allowing for (and advocating for) internal movement whenever it makes sense. Company moral is on the up. Leadership listens (most of the time). Honestly, a great place to work.
Very aloof and not a fun place to work. Everyone does their own thing
Operations Manager/Assistant GM (Former Employee) –  Sterling. VA14 January 2020
It is not a fun place to work, there are a lot of favoritism, and EEOC should really get involved due to discrimination and cultural differences.

Training is not done well at all. Some management get trained some do not. It is all according to what the GM feels like doing.

HR is more after the company interest instead of the employees interest so they do not see the problems as a employees perspective, but what the company has to face if the problem is serious. Therefore, Problem never gets resolved, instead the employee gets harassed to the point till the person quits, even-though they have been productive and love their job
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
DID not get well trained and the training was not complete
Great Enivorment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Utica, MI14 January 2020
Everyone was nice. Work alone, timed per room, The boss was like basically family. Helping one another. Nice and Clean. Friendly, Welcoming to anyone.
Maintenance/repair
Maintenance/repair (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA14 January 2020
There's a lot involved in building maintenance so much to learn if you keep a open mind to learn opportunities or there if you want the opportunity to succeed in the building maintenance/repair field.
Housekeeping Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Air port Blvd13 January 2020
I love the hotel and some of the workers but some of the managers is unprofessional I also enjoyed while being there but it was to many judgmental people who work there instead of making each other better to progress
It wasn't what I thought it would be.
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA13 January 2020
The saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all. I'll stay silent. Thank them for the job opportunity though. To be honest EVERY business needs to work on finding the good workers versus the non, lazy workers. Managers know they have these type of workers but choose to keep them to save money or less paper work. I have no idea what it is, but I can go on for days.
Great Environment
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL13 January 2020
I really enjoyed my time here. The managers work hard to create an enjoyable work environment. The pay is better than a lot of places in the area. Good benefit package and opportunities to travel.
Nice place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI13 January 2020
Have flexible hours with very friendly coworkers. They help you get your by giving you very excellent training. If you need time off very flexible on working with you on that.
Uplifting work envirmonment with positive/respectul co-workers
GSC (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 January 2020
I enjoyed working at the Hyatt, but had left the job for personal reasons. I would recommend anyone to go and apply for a job there. If it were not for personal stuff coming up in my life, I would still be working there.
Pros
free parking in the garage
Cons
not always getting off work in time
A foot in the door, I suppose
Host (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ12 January 2020
If you’re looking to get your foot in the door of the hospitality field, this position is for you, as it offers longevity. However, there is almost no room for advancement. Managers and supervisors are friendly, but they are lying when they tell you that it’s easy to move up in the company. There is only one opening in any position that isn’t entry-level, and since all of the team leads and managers are best friends, they have no interest in your advancement within the company. You’ll have 500 responsibilities and are held to a remarkably high standard for the lack of training and pay.
اللهم انى اسالك من فضلك ورحمتك إنه لا يملكها الإ انت
Chef of strange and oriental sweets (Current Employee) –  Sharjah12 January 2020
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم الله يبسط الرزق لعباده ويقدر صدق الله العظيم
Good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC12 January 2020
It definitely does get busy, always something to do, you might be able to do ours if you are willing to work in the afternoons and mornings it’s good overall
Good experience overall
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ludhiana, Punjab12 January 2020
Everything at hyatt is verry coorporative & well experienced staff. Good fun activities & friendly environment to work with hyatt. Helpfull & enjoyfull staff.
Pros
Policies, friendly environment, helpfull staff
Cons
Salary
Hyatt follows the best purpose "we care for people, so they can be their best"
Demi Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  Park Hyatt Maldives, Hadahaa12 January 2020
at Hyatt you are free, a mean you free to grow, learn as much as you want, help each other. Mostly what i liked is, is learning methods, training. at Hyatt i'm improving my culinary and personal skills.

54.2K