Hyatt
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Hyatt Employee Reviews

Showing all 9,402 reviews
Nice place to work great staff.Hotel is jn good condition.We have a good mangement staff willing to help at any time..We have a few cook outs during the year we also have birthday parties every month .
Pros
Godd discounts on food
Cons
Break always cut short
The GM is MAGNIFICENT! She really takes the time to get to know you and she is very caring to the needs of her employees. Now, as a GM, she is all business and knows how a hotel is supposed to operate. She is great at her job...thorough and expects the same from her employees. She provides all necessary training and will give you the hours if you prove to be reliable and dependable. Great place to work!
Pros
Great management.
Cons
Gameday weekends! Whew! Lol
Unorganized company management.
The managers at every department were selfish, lazy and stupid. They fired over 300 people when the pandemic started. No responsibility in the company.
Pros
non
Cons
no benefit
Been working here for 16 years but I don’t have a problem with my coworkers. I love my job. Hyatt give us good benefits. Free food. Good salary. Our GM always look what will be beneficial for us.
The mission and purpose is great in theory. Too many broken promises or false incentives to drive performance. No real sense or organization with diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Comp Rooms
Cons
Entrapment.
Working in hospitality, most know the work is tough and the hours are not ideal especially when you’re a manager. Hyatt was my first hotel industry career and I loved everyone I worked with. I was looking for more advancement but was unable to achieve the role desired due to working at a small property.
Pros
People
Cons
Work life balance
Moving up is hard unless management loves you regardless of work ethic. Pay is not fair between men and women at all even if the woman is more qualified
Pros
flexible and PTO is great
Cons
pay is not fair
Enjoyed working when Hyatt managed my property. Hyatt Corporation is a great company to work for with great discounts for Travel. It is difficult to find a Hyatt managed property as they franchise.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay
Tiene muy buena cultura de trabajo y es un trabajo estable.
Pros
Exelente ambiente de trabajo
Cons
En ocasiones es muy demandante
The best place to work and learn. Hyatt really cares for the employees. Good management, very supportive. Hyatt is the best hospitality to work......
Has team work and helping each other. Great experience with my co-worker’s and manager's. Miss saying greetings to the guests with warm welcome. Mahalo.
Pros
Free bucks
Cons
No free lunches
Do not, I repeat don't not work for them they over work you and under pay you. They have little but no housekeepers and lots of disgruntled employees. They tell you one thing and when you start working its something else. No human being should clean 21 rooms in one day that's ridiculous, they say they will support you but they dont. The mangers just want to dictate instead of being a team. Save your self the trouble!!!!!! Find another job
Pros
Free soda, thats all
Cons
Short breaks, high staff turn over
Depending on which hotel you work at, Hyatt is a great company that allows people to move up with hard work and effort. The company benefits are great as well, with one of them being discounts and free nights at specific Hyatt's after 1 year working there. People are very nice and there is a sense of community.
Pros
Travel discounts and free stays, hospitality industry is great
Cons
Long hours and weekend work expected, difficult working with many internal teams
I love the work environment, you can learn fast and all my coworkers are helpful and friendly. The hotel is beautiful and the employees areas are comfortable
I enjoy working at the Hyatt. I plan to move up in security department or housekeeping. My managers and co workers are friendly and show support. They really care about my well being and I have a huge amount of respect. I have great communication skills and body language.
Pros
Free lunch, breaks, gym, showers
Cons
Germs
Best job ever!! I highly recommend Hyatt as a place to work for for individuals look to take charge of their careers and become a part of a great work family and environment
Pros
Learning and growing
Cons
Being a manager at Hyatt Chesapeake Bay requires long hours and no home life if you have a family. High expectations from upper management and they look down on you if you put your family first. You will need to be willing to relocate to other Hyatt properties in order to get in the good graces of management. You have to get in good with a member of upper management in order to be promoted or advanced. They aren't looking to have a department manager with excellent personnel skills, overall knowledge of the department, and a love for the department. They are looking to promote their "Hyatt" managers and move them to other properties.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, no family home life, if you are not willing to relocate then they have no need for you, have to know upper management in order to be promoted
Debes de decir que es la mejor empresa,que cuida del perso al
Pros
Los alimentos son buenos
Cons
No dan muchas utilidades solo $10, 000
Me encanto ser parte de la familia Hyatt es un muy buen lugar para trabajar, el
Ambiente laboral, los jefes y gerentes las prestaciones son muy buenas
Pros
Hora de salida 5:30
Cons
Recepción y jefa de recepcion muy pesados
Working with Hyatt was a really good experience since it was the start of my hotel journey. People are helpful and you learn a lot and also get a chance to explore other options
Pay unfair
Hours were terrible

Manager was terrible

No room for advancement

Hiring process took too long

No bonuses, no raises

Always short staffed

Just a horrible place to work
4.5K