Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Melbourne VIC27 reviews
I have worked in one of the best company till now. So much to learn and they care about the employee. All work as a team and support each department by giving their best
Its a nice place to work. The team is friendly, coperative and everybody helps you. I got enough shift. Every body is treated fairly. There is a good working environment.
It was great working with team Hyatt at Melbourne. It was a fun place to work with different activities taking place time to time as a motivation factor for employees. Additionally, the work was productive, where I learned to work in a fast-paced environment with a wonderful team.
Great place to work, I had the chance to learn a lot, I gained confidence in my cooking skills, I worked with great sous chefs. I was a great experience
The staff and the team were so friendly and helping each other. And the supervisor is a good and humble person and treat the staff equally. Through all my experiences in Hyatt Place everything is time and it keeps myself busy and motivated.
Working for the Hyatt was an enjoyable experience, with opportunity to move about readily available, as positions became available. Hyatt has a generous 12 days per year free hotel stay if the rooms are available on specific days.
I worked there for about a year, great fun team, decent management, however when there was a role available for promotion i was suited for i didn't get a response or an interview which i was very disappointed with and i ended up leaving. The HR team leaders response to me questioning this, was "we called you" and i checked my phone and they called me during work hours, all she needed to do was walk up one flight of stairs and tell me i had an interview but no that was too hard.
Working with Park Hyatt is always fun. every day is a new day for me as I was meeting a number of different people every day. The management was very supportive. Workplace culture was very easy going but the hardest part of the job to tackle with guest complains but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job is to meet guests with different cultures and places, help them with their queries.
As demonstrated in my Resume, when working as an F&B attendant I was always rostered on for the weekend shifts, as they were the busiest nights of the week. I enjoy working hard and often under pressure. Whilst working there I proved that I worked well under pressure with both staff and customers. I took my order accurately and efficiently, and always assisted customers with menu questions when they arose whilst providing polite and excellent customer service at all times. My customers gave my boss excellent reviews of my ability to stay calm, enthusiastic and professional at all the times while often working under extreme pressure.
Fun and engaging workplace with strong culture diversity. Care for the people so they can be their best, is the purpose and they maintained it very well.
Pros
Everyone is like a family
chefs skill and quality is lower then three stars hotel but it is five stars hotel.
the ex-executive chef always used restaurant's budget to make new dish or order too much for service then give to another department without give back food cost. then cut off all the budget.
worked as a cleaner
used carpet cleaning machines and all common areas

worked at dawn and the staff was good miuto and the manager was organized and a good professional
I've my certificates 2&3 plus my medical certificate & working with children card & also white card & other construction cards.I've worked with wormald security in the late 80's threw ANZ & then with CHUBB.
Pros
I don't mind.
Cons
Ive worked from 12 to 13 hrs a day & up to 7 days so I.can work the hrs.
Interesting work ethic, nice people, and beautiful hotel.
Overall a truly enjoyable experience.

Typically fun and enjoyable people to work around, some outside work activities aswell.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less flexibility
usually every day is different due to different customer interactions and i learned bartending skills, management skills and service recovery.
workplace had a fun and friendly vibe and has a great team spirit.

hardest part of the job is sometimes the working hours can get stretched due to busy periods but im used as i believe its a part of hospitality life.

Most enjoyable part of the job being is to make new friends and provide customer satisfaction with my service.
Not sure on this 1 it was along time age back in the 90s was in Melbourne had to go up there a few days the job was ok just ent in to was dishers the boss was a good bloke the cefs here great I lent some cooking on the way but didn't go in to it due to the travel
Working in Hyatt under Challenger Service Group has been quite a fun and a productive experience, It is a place where I learnt the management of the guests and their needs. It does provide some added benefits such as Annual leave etc.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Grand Haytt Melbourne is an open friendly environment, and a highly motivated company, in which i am motivated each day to give my best, for the management and staffs are very supportive and helpful that makes my job easier. I was able to learned the most and effective way in handling my staffs in most professional ways. That I was able to maintain and respect all levels of managements and personnel in all aspects. As a multicultural company there were no conflicts and no difficulties in dealing with all the employees regardless of any position therein. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer service that I was able to maintain good relationship to all members of the hotel internal and external stakeholders.
Pros
Free hotel accommodation to some other Hyatt hotels if on holiday
Cons
it was hectic at some point, but the real trouble was the maze within the hotel, in and out the people and the staff are really caring, they would help you even when you messed up a lot, they teach a lot of things
Pros
gives you token for your lunch
Cons
i have no regret
Great place to learn and advance.
Good facilities for employees on uniform providence and maintenance and reasonable staff meals.
a typical day at hyatt was hectic, fun and strict, I learned so much about customer service and loved pushing myself everyday and provide outstanding service, I found the job very rewarding. the hardest part for the job was the hours and the best part was the free accommodation.
Pros
free hotel accomodation
Cons
shift hours
4.5K