Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB40 reviews
Salary employees can expect to work more than 40 hours a week. The colleague team is great to work with and the hotel is beautiful. Great central location
Unfair treatment to new staff. Senior staffs are lazy, they only love to gossip rather than to work, they pick up all the easy works to do and leave behind the ugly ones to new staffs. Poor training and rude environment.
Good working conditions. Fast paced environment. Was shown what they wanted me to do then I was left on my own to do it. They have a great program for feeding staff during breaks.
I worked at Hyatt airport Calgary for a short time. Completely understaffed and expected to cover all positions when I was hired directly for maintenance.
Lobby's and elevators very dirty with no daytime housekeeping, only partial bedding changed for guests in fact some linens went back up to floors still dirty. Avoid this place at all cost !

I now work for a reputable and well focused Hotel chain and would never go back to work for Hyatt after this experience.
good benefits, management needs improvement, employees are nice, warm and welcoming. Current management cares less about employees. Meals and uniform included
loved working here. my department mananger didnt like me much but the chefs were always funny and looked out for each other. if I had free time and spotted one of the chefs doing something interesting I was allowed to watch and learn.
Pros
free delicious food.
I was there more for my internship from schooling, great place to work, good people. Chef tests your skills and abilities, keeps ya on your toes. If I could go back there to work I would greatly accept.
Pros
very busy, chef is very helpful.
Cons
downtown, hard place to apply for.
I loved working at this hotel and the professional environment I was surrounded by. The staff was great to work with and I learned a lot about the tourism industry.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Werid Hours
Excelnte lugar para trabajar, excelente equipo de trabajo, y mejor experiencia de vida
Cons
Mucho frio
The job an be fulfilling but the pressure to meet sales targets and the consequences of not doing so feels like a stressful pressure cooker-like atmosphere. Most people work 2-3 years in Sales & Events without a promotion. They over-emphasize the quality and treatment of their guests but fail to extend the same to their staff behind the scenes.
- great job, with minimal benefits
- can be inconsistent with hours depending on where you work

- open door policy

- accepting of other people/religions/cultures/languages
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unstable hours
I have worked at Hyatt for 12 years, and I can say that I have grown so close with my co-workers. The over-all atmosphere is inviting and it really allows me to be the best individual I can be for the guests.
Pros
Free lunch, Medical benefits
Cons
Slow seasons
I did dishes,ran up and down stairs and took the elevator,tore down events,stayed really late due too other dishwashers not being able too complete their jobs.Nice people worked there,hardest part was doing the day dishwashers job almost every day we showed up there.The best part was being able learn that type of job(stewarding etc)and we were able to eat almost every night,cooks would make an insane amount of food for all the staff!
Pros
Free food and nice people
Cons
Doing others work that they couldnt complete on a regular basis
Management makes this a wonderful, caring environment that is still fun and exciting. The days work is generally predictable and doesn't get too overwhelming.
Working with Hyatt Infiniti gives me knowledge and teach me how to detail the car in the standard way. Time management is one of the hardest part job.
Pros
Salary base and paid vacation
Cons
Decision making of the management
Worked in the basement sales office. Had a good team and growing in the role. Laid off in 2008 but no hard feelings. New team there so don't know the environment.
Good hotel, easy to gain good working relationships with coworkers but can be quite impersonal when it comes to management or head office. Work smart, plan ahead and you can rise easily through the chaff
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very corporate feeling, impersonal
Training system needs work and is not monitored. Some managers are a little sexist at times. Overall I enjoyed working here. Most staff were very friendly.
Pros
Cafeteria and gym access
Cons
Expected to stay until 3am and return to work at 8am for a buyout.
Benefits are great. People I worked there were the best on their fields. Off season less work hours for all staff. Culture and values are awesome. Lots to learn
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
off season less hrs for staff
I learned how to interact to the guest and colleague. I love to work at hyatt because the people around ar very nice ans so with the supervisor. The most enjoable part was when we had gathering with the housekeeping family
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
When we have a lot of check outs
one of the best place to work .excellent service and great staff .i as a cook learnt lot of things
thank you very much chef and all team
4.5K