Hyatt
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON40 reviews
Great place to work, great benefits and perks as well.
Staff are friendly

Management is understanding about work/life balance

Company provides the necessary tools to get the job done
Good experience for a person in hospitality, great atmosphere and team work, lots of opportunities and supportive management, good starting salary would recommend .
Enjoy my 18yrs working at the park Hyatt Toronto was hoping to end my work career there was 2017 bellman of the year for greater Toronto hotel association
Never paying attention with the needs/requests of the employee. They want only favour to the management.. In my case, I asked nicely to take my emergency off coz of family matters but the newly housekeeping manager never grant me my off and she never listened to our opinion and she cannot agree to our explanation. She never give us a chance to explain our side. No consideration so most of the attendants call sick coz she never giving them off willingly by request.
Pros
Nothing free in this hotel.
Cons
Always rushing us and giving too much pressure.
Only complaint is I found it difficult to balance job and life. When you are full time you get 12 free Hyatt nights a year. Great fringe benefit. Good benefits and salary.
Formal dining. This is a quick grab and go or sit down restaurant. concept so the cooks get to socialize with the guests. The team is always encouraging it's members to grow.
Very nice place to work and employs different people of background. Treat their employees with high regard. Train their employees for good performance.
Working at Hyatt was very stressful.
most of their equipment is very old, the pay is low at least in my department. most people hate each other here, especially department heads. no room for advancement. security is a one man show with no back up most of the time. Management also do not care about their staff, usually they will run the hotel at nights with 2 front desk agents even at full capacity. schedule is also messed up, i wonder who makes them?! they will shuffle you from mornings to night shifts with 2 or sometimes 1 day of rest. how does that work? food was also not good, its mostly leftovers from events or yesterdays meal.
Pros
free meals. (not that good)
Cons
all of the above
Managers were great and it is a nice hotel. I was hired as a part time doorman but it was more like on call. Schedule would vary week to week and some full time staff were complaining about lack of hours. Somtimes I would be forgotten and would have to call the hotel to see if I was lucky and had a shift. Very unorganized system of seniority were senior staff would just take a month or two off. You are expected to drop all you are doing to cover full time.
Pros
Lunch and great fellow staff members
Cons
Low pay and erratic hours and shifts
yes i enjoy working with employees and management at my work place.i am satisfied with all the benefits that the company have given me.My time schedule is consistent and given consideration when ever emergency cases.
Good place to work. Fair management, with pleasant co workers. I learned how to deal with all sorts of people of different cultures, attitudes and work ethics.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Long hours on my feet
luxury hotel with luxury service which applies to employees as well.
location was great and you may see lots of celebrities.

High expectations when it comes to performance, however it's very rewarding.
My position as a Kitchen Steward/Dishwasher is a very challenging job that needs the stewards to be on their feet at all times to ensure perfection and to ensure all the pots and dishes are sanitized and clean for countless use. From this job, I learned that communication is the key to success, from plating to dish washing, we have to be sure we keep engaging in communication to ensure perfection of service behind the kitchen door. What I really enjoyed the most about the job was meeting the staff inside the hotel, we all work in different departments, but we all work together to bring out and represent Hyatt's vision.
Worked as a server and bartender at the Legendary Roof Lounge. Duties included serving hotel guests and the public alike to the highest standard, as well as recommending a variety of food and beverages to create memorable experiences. Amazing atmosphere and work experience.
Our staff believes in teamwork so that plays an important role in our daily work life. I've learned how to deal with guest complaints and ensure that our guests has an ultimate experience. I deliver immaculate invisible service. The hardest part of the job is always trying to make sure everything is perfect, that is why its very important to pay attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of the job is the infinite smiles that I give to my guests and making sure their stay was exceptional.
Pros
Giving amazing guest experience
Cons
Short hours which are 7hrs per day.
The hotel i worked with i called it my second home.It's always good to see and greet my superior and co-worker.There is understanding,cooperation and appreciation.And we worked as a team.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
seasonal
An excellent company to work with.Good benefits and friendly environment.Treats their employees well.HR are very helpful with their employees.It is just sad that they're closing for a renovation.
I loved going into work and being an Event Coordinator. These lessons taught me how I can further my career to become and Event Manager further in my future.

The management in my department was not as wonderful as I would have liked it to be. I found that people were stuck in the "old way" of doing things and for someone who in younger, it was difficult to assert my knowledge into this group. This tied into the workplace culture and environment, could be improved.

Through all the rough patches there were a lot of people and experiences that I wouldn't change for the world! The people in other departments for instance, I met loads of wonderful and enjoyable people to work with apart from my department and that is what hospitality is all about, people.
Pros
Lunches Offered
Cons
There is a great understanding of an individuals capabilities and potential. A great working environment for individuals looking to create a name for themselves.
I love working at Hyatt Regency Toronto! My co-workers are all very fun and eclectic. Each day is unique and full of titillating excitement. This has been a great environment for me to grow my career!
I loved working at the park Hyatt my manager was a wonderful person. Also my co-worker was easy to get along within my job was fun ,I work there for fourteen years.
Pros
I get free breakfast and lunch
Cons
working on holidays
4.5K