Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Albuquerque, NM

Albuquerque, NM49 reviews
I strongly agreed the management was amazing I experienced a lot working with Hyatt Regency Albuquerque I also enjoyed the work place. They worked with my schedule and helped me be flexible with my hours.
Retaliation happens often
Management it's horrible

All managers are friends with other managers so there's no one to complain to

HR doesn't get on your side
There is no typical day at work! Each day is different. I've learned how to better work with resources to produce prospecting goals. Management works to take care of their teams. The workplace has a variety of personalities, nationalities, languages, etc, and all are respectful of each other. The hardest part of the job is having clients say no. The most enjoyable part is working together to create and execute outstanding events, making the client happy.
I started by turning on the Dishwashing machine and starting to rinse and put dishes in the machine and once they come out I would stack them and place them in order and in certain spots for pots and spoons and silverware and cups
In my time with Hyatt I watched a lot of great employees leave for jobs with better benefits and pay. It was almost impossible to maintain a positive work culture when key players are constantly being replaced.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
High turn over
The best part about working for the Hyatt Regenecy in downtown Albuquerque is that all of my guests had a three day shelf life. Also, they were usualy excited ad eager to explore the area. So I was awlays their night cap
Do not work for this fake wannabe low pay slaving nasty company! If you dont speak Spanish with the Mexicans and managment, they will talk badly about you, ignore you and complain that your not working as hard as them or good enough! Which means there always short staffed so they have to hire temps to also talk about !!!
If I didn't move to Albuquerque New Mexico I would still possibly be working with this company as we speak. The employees and management are great!!!!
Downtown Hyatt is a franchise, so they do not have give the same benefits that apply to employees whom are employees of the corporation. Even issues like minimum of staff to be able to provide the best hospitality available is overlooked. The opportunity to visit another Hyatt (like a vacation resort) is not an option. I do not approve of charging customers for a higher end hotel price for Motel 6 quality
If you like the idea of having 6 different superiors in 4 years, then this is the place for you! Corporate is often unresponsive and glacially slow with solutions when they do reply.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership turnover, incompetent leadership.
I loved working at the Hyatt. I enjoyed the physical activity of being a
banquet server, and the flexibility of being an on-call employee.

Sadly, I had to leave, because of a bad back (not caused by work).
It's pretty much what you would expect as a front desk agent. You become familiar with your regular guests, you usually become work friends with your colleagues, and sometimes the customer service part is stressful.
Fun to work with most guests. Starter as the shuttle driver making decent tips. Lower management (shift supervisors) was horrible and incompetent when I was there. GM, AGM, and FOM were great to work with.
What I learned was that it helps to be able to know how to make the coffee like Starbucks. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the dish and the amount of food for the morning.
Pros
You were able to get a discount on lunches
Cons
N/a
Working at the Hyatt was a great opportunity to work as part of a team. It was also a great place to learn different aspects of a a full service hotel.
It was a great opportunity to advance in skills with dealing with the public. Great team effort and constant communication. It's a great place to stay and work.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Not enough staff at times
Hyatt provided me with great pay, benefits and job satisfaction during my employment. I have nothing bad to say about the company. Unfortunately I moved and had to move on. Otherwise I would have stayed with them forever, and if possible I would gladly work for Hyatt again.
I really enjoy working at Hyatt. The staff i work with are good employees and they all make a great team. every one gets along well. It is one of the easiest jobs I've had. the only reason i am leaving is because i am relocating.other wise i wouldn't leave.
Management says one thing and does another. Not a true Hyatt but a franchisee. Claim to want change to implement policies and procedures but receive no support but actually receive scrutiny.
Pros
Benefits consistent pay
Cons
No integrity, support honest
Lots of days with a lot of downtime but can also be lots of non stop busy days. Lots of problem solving. Overall management is decent very relaxed workplace culture.
It's a fast pace at times and then it's not. Great people to work with and for.
Free food.

Great work balance due to it's on call. I would highly consider applying.
Pros
Great fun
Cons
No benefits
4.5K