Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Atlanta, GA175 reviews
It’s a great place to work , they care about employees. I only worked there for a year as a culinary intern , I must say I gained more knowledge, they follow the proper food standards and hygiene as well.
Easy job do well its easy to move up. Everybody is willing to teach you. Lots of skills available for you to gain experience in. Management is great and helpful.
I would recommend this job to someone who prioritizes customer service. The better the service, the better the chance for you to make tips (although this won't guarantee a tip). You are on your feet for most of the day, so be wary if you have foot or back issues.
Love it...would recommend. Everyone works as a team. Colleagues have worked for this property a long time...Hyatt is a great company to work for...I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Free lunch
The team makes you feel like you're part of their family. This role was very fluid and I learned a lot about the banquets/ convention services industry during my short time there.
It was a good experience the people I've met were very productive and professional. We always got out projects and work done on time. It was never one person carrying all the weight everybody pitch it and play their part as a team
Coworkers are amazing to work with. Managers don't know how to manage. Seniority is a thing here and it sucks. Even if you are more useful than these employees who have been there longer have more rights over you.
The managers will make ex exceptions to the company policies they expect you to follow in front of the guest when convenient and document you for the same actions if you make the decisions yourself. No support until mistakes are made
Customer Service is the company’s number one priority. In my opinion, I believe this company cares about employees wellbeing. Willing to promote within the company.
Clean and help the housekeepers when they needed towels or to help take any dirty lining. Help strip their room meaning take out trash and stockings the room with lining
Pros
Be on time
Cons
Lose your job
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Very busy, must manage work life balance. co-workers are friendly. managers are okay, with every jobs there is always room for improvements. great benefits tho
It was a great experience overall to be honest and very friendly!
The hardest part somebody's always on your back about getting the job done instead of letting you do your work but overall it's mixed culture and very friendly plus the hotel is pet friendly and Management is pretty cool from the General manager to the Manager the supervisor and the housekeeping and front desk staff wonderful experience
Walk the property making sure everything's in order and up to hotel standards, check and the maintain pool area on a daily, attend morning meeting to discuss today's agenda and whats expected for the day and taking care of all guest request in a timely manner.
Management got away with a lot of stuff
Just lot go on in that business and never get handled people were stilling just slot going on and I will not go threw that again I keep getting sick from stress that was not good
Hyatt is a great company to work for. With great people from all different walks of life. You are able to learn different skills and learn different traits while working for this company. They are very flexible with your schedule especially those still in school.
It would be better if pay was different, overall good hotel to work at. They make sure they accommodate you and make sure everything is just right for you.
In 5 years, I was promoted four times. There is a lot of room for growth especially if you are willing to relocate. Management is okay and sometimes gets laser focused on their needs but overall recognizes that we are all human and make mistakes.
The hyatt is very unorganized and cant keep employees. If you are a good employee they will load you down with work and days on the schedule and leave the slackers with nothing at all which is totally unfair.
Almost all my co-workers were very warm and hospitable. They don't discriminate and allows a work/life balance. Hardest part of the job is when we're understaffed sometimes.
Stay to yourself. Only stay until something better comes along. It's not worth the stress. Oh and they don't clean urine stained mattresses properly. Everyone there gossips including the managers. Don't tell them your business because they will tell someone else.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Smile in your face but will stab you in the back.
A typical day for me at times were slow and it was very hard to find something else to do when everything has been done. I've learned patience. The hardest part of my job cleaning the men's bathroom. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the guest.
4.4K