Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

The Hyatt I worked at had a great family style environment. The managers were very helpful and understanding if you needed something. I was a pastry cook and working in kitchens is always a hit or miss situation, but with the Hyatt it was by far one of the best run kitchens I have ever worked in. If one team starts falling behind the other teams rally together to make sure everything is done and sorted for the guests.
Pros
Free lunches, PTO based on and hourly percentage, healthcare, dental, vision, 401K
Cons
High-stress environment
Fun chill place to work. Always something to do so you stay busy. The managers are super nice and always willing to work with you. The best part is meeting new people and working with guests.
My day at work was get there clock in have lunch get my list of what i had to during the day and have my lunch and just enjoy finishing my day. And after this job i would lile to get back to the hotel industry.
Working in hospitality, most know the work is tough and the hours are not ideal especially when you’re a manager. Hyatt was my first hotel industry career and I loved everyone I worked with. I was looking for more advancement but was unable to achieve the role desired due to working at a small property.
Pros
People
Cons
Work life balance
mala administration , poca entrenamiento para el puesto de trabajo
This position offers an interesting insight into the back office dynamics of the hotel. The customer service focus is on negotiation rather than appeasement. This is also a role in which the individual is trusted to manage themselves.
Just make sure you keep a smile on your face and take care of the guests. Make sure you direct people where they need to go. Keep the customer happy at all times.
Bottom line Hyatt’s in all a good company to work for comp nights after a year of service is great.. great management at most properties.. Hyatt is not doesn’t pay as well than other hotels but makes up for it through benefits.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for HYATT, they had an amazing member awards program for our guests, which made them enjoy staying at our properties and interacting with our staff. Working in Management was a great opportunity to learn and grow. Highly recommend!
This is a high stress job that does not pay well at all. One of the only things I like are the people I work with. It is also extremely unorganized with constant turnover.
I loved working for Hyatt Hotels!! If they had a Hyatt here in Las Vegas, I'd still be with them for sure! I had worked as a corporate sales rover and loved the flexibility and challenge and community provided to me and my colleagues.
When I started working at Hyatt, I just needed a job. It provided me and my family with the health insurance and income that we needed. The people and management were very nice and I enjoy maintaining community with them.
This is the best job I have ever had!!! Great benefits and pay. Hyatt really cares about their employees. I would definitely recommend working for Hyatt!
During my time working for the Hyatt Regency in downtown Austin Texas I was able to help customers and guests throughout the hotel on a daily basis while providing a safe environment. I was the youngest one of my coworkers in my department, and was sometimes treated with disrespect and lack of communication which encouraged me to seek another job.
Pros
Gained experience and knowledge in the field
Cons
Untrained and lack of communication from managers
Great place to work, Friendly, room for growth. Family oriented and very skilled staff and management. would work there again or at any hyatt property
Everyday is different, meeting different people with different requests. I learned to ask questions to provide guests with best experience. Management styles vary from person to person.
Pros
Free lunches, recognition and benefits
Cons
Short lunches/dinner.
When friends or family ask me, “Should I apply or Should I work there”. I say no, check all your other resources before applying to this corporation. I myself am happily moving on to better horizons. The work culture is depressing, the management does not value you as a person, and the corporation does not pay its employees a fare wage.
Management was a joke at the property I worked at. The manager was more concerned with being friends with his Front Desk Agents and promoting his friend’s wife who also worked at the hotel. Everything felt very “clique-y” and unprofessional. There was no official training. They throw you into the job immediately and hope it works. They were severely understaffed and yet management left at the same time every single day. Guests would even say they felt the Front Desk was required to do too many things. Some nights it would be one agent running the desk, bar, kitchen, bakery and maintenance.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No time for breaks, poor management, too many jobs shoved into one title, pay is poor for what they expect out of you
The job required alot of work. the people were very inviting and warm. the hours were great the pay was awesome. i love the location and the benefits that came along with the job
Pros
free lunch
Cons
seasonal
It is not a bad company, good people to work with, just very fast paced and busy. Benefits are also great, and they are flexible with the shifts you work.
I enjoy working at Hyatt regency because the work is a great balance between hard work team effort. I the hours are great and I really love the staff that is involved.