Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Avon, CO

Avon, CO14 reviews
Beautiful location. Parking isn't the best, but mountain view makes up for it. Ski pass is great or seasonal bonus. Discount room rates for employees are the best.
Bad Management of Culture and Safety of Employees. Strict Rules that allow Termination over the smallest fraction over ones work. Management Strategies are terrible and Un-Ethical.
I worked as a general maintenance engineer and loved it. I left due to moving to a different location and 1 person in that specific location was a racist and I wasn't going to stand for that.
Pros
Fun and fast paced with advancement opportunities.
Cons
Can't park there year round.
Laid back employees who are very detail oriented to the guests, hotel and companies needs. A very nice balance between work and play in the mountains.
Working at the resort really showed me the beauty of nature, and the relaxing atmosphere that i was looking for in a new job. As, a auditor i got the chance to meet new guest from so many different backgrounds. I also got the chance to make a so many great friends, and make new memories.
The park hyatt makes lots of promises to its employees that it cannot fulfill. When I was hired, I was told I would have an orientation and get a tour of the hotel. That never happened. One manager says to do one thing and while another says to do something totally different. The biggest issue is the lack of management whatsoever. Horrible communication between all departments and all levels of management. On a typical work day, there were on average 2 managers to cover 45+ working employees in 5 different departments on each shift. I worked in two different departments, and I never had a manager that checked on me, asked how things were doing, or to check to make sure the job was getting done. No one is held accountable, and management gets treated like gods while the employees have to figure out what to do on their own because there is no training whatsoever. I would have customers complain to me that there were no managers around to give refunds or to talk about service issues. Guests were not happy here. I was a tipped employee and my Director of Operations told us we couldn't have a tip jar.... even though our other managers did not care whether we had a tip jar or not. When one manager tell us to do one thing, and 5 other managers tell us to do 5 other things, it makes working at the Hyatt very difficult. The worst part is when guests saw the horrible management practices and complained to us about it.
Pros
Free lunch. Uniform cleaning, unlimited access to beverages/coffee
Cons
short breaks, horrible management, low pay, low tips
I had never worked for such an unorganized company nor paid so little money for the work load that you do. No other place in the valley, not even family owned businesses will pay you as little as the Hyatt.
Pros
Cons
Not good pay, no good management, miscommunications
Working for hyatt has always been a dream of mine. I loved what Hyatt was all about. I met some incredible people while working for Park Hyatt. I have more in depth knowledge of in room dining, banquets and the overall workings of a hotel back of the house restaurant operations.
Hardest part of the job was the long hours and being away from my family. Most enjoyable was learning more about hotel operations, the interactions with guests, being in beautiful Colorado.
its a 100% complete package of a unique work experience. Combination of cultural exchang, good communication skill training, great training ground and management
Pros
free lunch, good choice of uniform, discount benefits
Cons
end time of shift wouldnt be indicated in the schedule, abused staffs
I am on call right now. Working conditions are good. People are generally nice to work with. I hope to work there this winter season.
Overall this is a great place to work. It's a huge company so if you are willing to move you get moved up every year almost. The bad part of working at this specific hotel is how expensive it is to live anywhere near the hotel. You are in one of the most expensive zip codes in the US.
Pros
Free food, discounted skiing, free hotel rooms
Cons
You have zero holiday time
Had a blast. The property gets all of it's money during the ski season, so they are willing to pay overtime. "Stay until you must leave" Good shift meals, if you work a double you can still make a run or two in during your break. If you are qualified and work your bum off, there's a spot for you. Money is good too. It's your own lemonade stand.... if you can handle a big section, they'll give it to you. Go and get it.
I enjoyed my positions for the sole fact that I spoke with and gained professional relationships/clientele with people all over the world.
My position taught me how to sell a $1000.00 per night room to even the most skeptical of guests.

I learned a lot from these guests and my co-workers mainly with public relations.
Pros
I made sure every guest and client got what they asked for and more.
Cons
Sometimes there just isn't enough to make people happy. But that's the way it goes.
A fast pace enviroment,that has some very hard working employees we all work together as one big team. The hardest part of my job is trying to please the guests, and keep them happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is working outside creating the flower gardens, talking about flowers with the guests.
Pros
free lunches
4.5K