Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 25 March 2020

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Bastrop, TX

The management
It’s great to work there they have a list of the amount of people that are at the hotel for that day so you know the amount to prep before service. The only problem is the schedules come out last minute.
Typical day at work
A typical day at the Hyatt's firewheel for servers assistants would be to come in around either 6:00am or 4:00pm then to set up for the days customers and begin assisting servers set and help tables.
not a match
I never got the benefits I was told about and the management sucked I went 4 weeks without being on the schedule to 5 days a week without receiving employee benefits
Great place to learn people skills.
My job there was quite simple but that does not necessarily mean I didn't have lots to do. The Hyatt is a place for families to come and enjoy their stay. They want to feel at home and that their vacation matters to us and we make sure they feel that way. You learn people skills and how to send people on their way home feeling happy.
Fast paced but an amazing company!
Absolutely love Hyatt and all that they stand for! They not only care about top standards for guests but also very compassionate and understanding with all employees!
Pros
Free lunches, work by yourself, great management
Cons
Could pay more especially yearly raises
fun work environment
this is a face paced and highly interactive job in which you have the ability to get first hand experience in the field of hospitality, This is a great job, especially during the summer. This job allows you to put forth . variety of skill sets,
Excellent
Overall this was a great company to work at. If I didn't find a better job for $4 more an hour in my hometown, I would have stayed as long as I could.
Pros
12 nights at any Hyatt per year free. Excellent benefits.
Cons
Comparatively low pay
Provide service to guests, greet everyone with a smile, treat co-workers and guest with utmost respect.

I learned about the hospitality business

Management was continuously changing

The hardest part of the job was the hours and pay

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people.
Pros
Company issued uniforms
Cons
Hours and pay
Busy environment
There is always something to do when you work in a corporate environment, someone makes sure of it. The campus is nice, the managers reasonable, but it is a job and it is expected to be taken seriously as you are an ambassador for the company on the floor.
Pros
Consistent schedule
Cons
Uniform/Specific communication rules
Great place to work for.
Over all great place to work for. Typical day at work is checking in with management to go over paper work(EEO/Consumption report). Being such a spread out property there is a lot of moving parts. There will be last minute weather calls,extended time lines etc. What i learned the most with working for the Hyatt for 12 years is being part of a family/team. The several times when my mom was sick and I had to take a LOA for months on end. They where so supportive. Management was subpar. Great workplace culture.Always doing employee appreciation parties,themed dinner for the staff. The hardest part about working for lost pines is how spread out the resort is.On any giving day we can have a hour reception on the 12th hole of the golf course while there is a 300 person platted dinner going on in the main ball room.The staff and how much they truly care about there guest.That was the most enjoyable part of working for lost pines. There not just there for a pay check. They know hospitality.
Pros
Comped rooms/health insurance/401K
Cons
scheduling.
Every day brought something different
I got to meet a lot of interesting people, both guests and coworkers. I learned what working for a corporate business was like. I held my position for 8 years in security and for 1 year in in-room dining. I learned how to get along with coworkers and managers and to have good customer service skills. I learned how to do CPR and computer skills. The hardest part of the job was when we had to relocate employee parking, it took a lot of standing and directing traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits that we received.
Pros
lunches were only $1.00
Great Benefits
The benefits with Hyatt are great. Discounted and free hotel stays when you travel to other Hyatt properties around the world. Medical benefits are also really great. The downside is that if you are looking to grow within the company you will eventually have to relocate. The pay at this property is also much lower when compared to similar companies.
Pros
Cheap meals, benefits
Cons
low pay, relocation
Super fun, great for working students
This was my first job, and boy did I have a blast. Though I worked late hours, I enjoyed every minute of it. From meeting families from all over the world to getting to spend the majority of my time outside and with children, I couldn't have asked for a better first job.
Pros
Flexible schedule, outdoors, very active
Cons
short breaks, late hours
fun place to work
In charge of the opening of this resort, out side of Austin Texas.
Develop recipes, coaching, schedule,

vacations, inventory, food cost.

Great company foe working.
Productive place to work
Fast paced fun environment where you collectively worked together to ensure that the people that were staying there had a great time as well as working as a team to get everything done for the day
Great Company
Every day was a new day that brought new tasks to my day. I love working with my colleagues as they have become family as well as interacting with the clients each day.
Potential Good Work Site
The work place has potential but the culture of the workplace prevents this from happening.
I didn't like the late hours and there was little relief since many people did not want to work that shift.
fun workplace
super fun, team work, great management, job not hard, everything was enjoyable from working the lazy river or the water slide to hosting kids camp, and summertime smores.
Pros
free lunches
Great Workplace with alot of offereings.
The Hyatt is an awesome place to work if you love helping/assisting and working along side people.
The co-workers are great, but management sometimes can seem fake at times. Always promising things but not delivering.

Other than that, id say give it a try.
Pros
There is Paid Vacation, and plenty of Benefits.
Cons
Rarley get your 30 bbreak, and managment is frustrating.
Absolutly Not
It is of no use writing a review for this company as all staff will have independent feelings and opinions. I think speaking to the company directly is your best option.
Productive and fun place with, Golf, Camp Hyatt, Arcade/Game room, swimming pools, Clubs, Restaurants, Bars,...
Productive and fun place to be in the woods with, Golf, Spa, Long-Tennis, Ball and Meeting rooms, Camp Hyatt, Arcade/Game room, Swimming pools, Bicycle riding, Kayaking, Horse and Long-horn rides, Clubs, Restaurants, Bars,...A good place to be with your family during the holidays and also to do your meetings which lasts for some days, because, it has lodges at a cheap rate.
4.3K