Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Bellevue, WA

Working in hyatt is really fun. I made some friends and most especially i found the love of my life who is my partner now in life . My bosses and colleagues too are fun i love working in hyatt
Pros
Free lunch
Benefits
I came here for the internship and I did very well, they appreciated my work and they also trusted me as I am alone in the line kitchen. I showed my abilities and skills to them. The were appreciated me all the time
Pros
Its all good management there
Cons
I wanted to work more there but covid 19 spoiled all my acceptions
This company very good I’m very happy to work my position banquet server Good management All managers very nice and good workplace I’m learned so many things
Low pay, basic benefits could be better, management isn’t willing to work with scheduling, free breakfast but lefts over:( don’t have to pay for parking best things about it!
The job I worked was good but the communication between different groups is so bad it makes your job less desirable. Pay is not very competitive and getting a decent raise is like pulling teeth.
Pros
free lunches and ok health insurance
Cons
Hard to get better pay
I did not like working at the Hyatt in Bellevue for many reasons. I feel like everyone there is extremely overworked and underpaid. The management there was an absolute joke and nobody knew what they were doing.
stressful for PM shift no help from AM shift I learned to work on my own no help or back up revolving door rollercoaster or personalities very negative from staff towards supervisors and management working big events alone with other peers that work AM and refuse to help PM Free Parking
Pros
beautiful property plenty of work
Cons
staff has management afraid of holding anyone accountable for bad behavior and lazy habits
A lot of benefits, hours are good, people and management are very good with working with others. The commute is the only thing but with the tips, it's worth the gas.
Pros
Free lunch, 401k plan, discounted night stays.
Cons
Commute.
-Setting up buffets, plated dinner, or receptions for guests. -Every client has their own unique way of how they want their event to flow, we have to be able to accept their request and try our best to make it happen. -Most enjoyable part of this job is serving to see different wedding cultures, fun auctions or fundraisers take place at the hotel.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Hyatt focuses on both Guest and Employee satisfaction and happiness. It is a great company to work for. If you like to travel your provided free rooms nights and you can also have the opportunity to transfer to other locations worldwide.
Pros
Free lunch, good benefits and awesome co workers
It's more about getting along with the people than the job. To move up you need to be perfect 98% of the time and get along with management well. There is a cut throat kind of competition for hours.
Working at the Hyatt allowed for schedule flexibility, a generous wage and the enjoyment of working in a beautiful atmosphere with a variety of people.
Pros
Free food, generous wage, and fun people
Cons
Late nights and early mornings
great company to work for meet a lot of different people, sometimes it is a good thing sometimes it is bad thing. turn over rate is very high but it is normal in hospitality industry
Awesome place to work, management back you up for everything you do in the company, give you 100% in control. Could not hope for a better manager. Thump up!
Pros
comfortable working enviroment
Cons
Too comfortable in the company.
I must say that I had a great time working at Hyatt. I love how the employees are treated with equal respect. I wish I could work for them again in the future.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
A wonderful organization and great customer service. The Entire Bellevue Square location and the businesses are great assets to the customer who visit the Hyatt of Bellevue.
I love this place. It's very personable and everyone you work with are very influenced meaning I learn from everyone there. Management is very flexible and reliant.
Pros
Diverse
Hyatt cares about employees by giving them extra benefits and through top management on a day to day basis. It never felt like I had to report to a manager, it felt more like working with a leader/friend.
The company culture definitely reflects one of a LARGE family! The people treat one another well and are the epitome of hospitality. Everyone is willing to assist whenever needed.
Hyatt has many opportunities to promote within. It really seems to be a goal to mentor current employees or to allow people to transfer from one property to another. Hyatt is also great at creating a team atmosphere with frequent planned department meetings and outings for staff and managers. This in turn helped employees respect each other in the work place. Employees are working very very hard in any department of a busy hotel. With that said, recognition and compensation needs to be improved to make those employees feel appreciated.
Pros
Development Opportunties, Employee Cafeteria, Staff Bonding / Outings
Cons
Better Recognition, Micro-manage from top down, Overwork Employees
The Hyatt hotel was not a bad place to work at. The restaurant had a great team and environment but the management was not the best. A lot of empty promises but not something to stress too much over. Benefits are definitely a plus. Free hotel stays, vacation hours, and PTO is always a plus.
Pros
people, food, environment
Cons
breaks only after long shift is over