Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 25 March 2020

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Burlingame, CA

Hyatt Regency
Patrol all areas of the property and assist guests with room access. Monitor security feeds and conduct daily physical hazard inspections. Respond to accidents and assist guest/employees during emergency situations. Defuse guest disturbances and escort individuals from the property, if necessary.
Most enjoyable part of the job, staff
When it’s busy it’s busy, but we work as a team, they are nice people, and that’s what made me stay a little longer. I left because of the manager, he micro manages us. But I heard he was transferred. I probably would have stayed. The
negative is that they go by seniority ( Union) so if your new you will not like your schedule.
Love this Job
A typical day starts at 4 am getting everything warmed up and ready for pick up. One thing i learned is how to produce in large amounts. management is a 3 out of 5.
Pros
free lunches and employee parties
Overall great
It was a great place to work at , overall the very poor management , it needs to get a whole new crew of managers , coworkers were great people to work with
Pros
Overall great place
Cons
Really poor management
Productive and fun workplace with nice management team
I learned it is important to see the big picture and the focus point during certain business period. Customer experience is the most important, and we should do our best to satisfy customers and make their day. For employees, our colleagues are at the heart of Hyatt, and we care for them so they can be their best – at work and beyond.
my work place
learning something new at work every day, working with wounder full people makes your day really exciting each day . dealing with people all around the world is fabulous.
Fast paced, enjoyable working place, ability to learn and advance
I Loved working at Hyatt, Great place to learn and advance. You work with many people. Hyatt offers many training opportunities.

Many levels of management. You will have ability to work directly with management.
Pros
Great Benefits, Free rooms when you travel.
Cons
Lots of Unions to deal with, any strike will affect your work.
Front Desk/Concierge
Running the Business Center and The Regency Club was a great experience. Making reservations and Martini's was a first and a great learnign experience for me. As a night auditor/reservation clerk I was able to learn the ropes of a night manager, it was tough but a great job, well done!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
work
ok place to work management doesn't seem to want to help their employess at times. co workers are the best part making new friend and working as a team.
Excellent
Comprehensive customer service management training. Learned how to appropriately handle difficult or intoxicated customers in discreet, understanding and controlled way. Electronic travel and CRM.
Pros
Training
Cons
Wages
Great company to climb the ladder with
My typical day at work consist of running the four outlets at the hotel. I inspect the line for all meal periods to ensure quality. I order all produce and proteins needed and am responsible for the inventory and standing par levels. I expedite during meal periods to ensure consistency. I also cook on the line whenever needed.
Everyday I run payroll reports, and keep track of all scheduling needs to eliminate any unnecessary payroll cost. I also coach staff and hold counseling as needed. I also assist in banquets, garde manager, and bake shop whenever needed.

In my time with Hyatt, I have learned how to lead a kitchen by listening to my staff and setting the example. I have learned that you need to push yourself to stay of top of priorities and hold your staff accountable. Also, you cannot stay still with cooking. You need to push to learn new things and keep engaged in the kitchen.

I am currently a department head in the culinary department. I work closely with my staff and managers from other departments. We work well together to achieve the same goal which is genuine hospitality. There are times when information does not get delivered clearly, but we work together and learn from previous experiences

My co-workers are fellow manager and the cooks I supervise. The cooks I supervise are part of the Local 2 union. The majority of my staff is older than me by 15-30 years. We have mutual respect for each other, and I always approach them open minded since their opinion matters. The staff cares about the quality of work they do. There are times when
 - more...
Pros
Free hotel rooms, health insurance, 401K, ability to transfer
Cons
Short handed in certain areas, layout of the hotel and limitations with space
Crazy sports Bar
super busy for sporting events, especially local teams. Had huge Banquet room under Atrium, 1200 ppl capacity, boogie by the bay example, they would break and come up huge rush for hour or so for 3 days. Management, co workers were great. Liked meeting people from all over world, we were 5 min from SFO, and all european cancelled flights would come there. Had a good local customer base. Fun job
Pros
busy, sports
Cons
high turnover
4.3K