Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Cambridge, MD

As a greeter at Watersedge you get to learn so many new things you get to meet so many new people and you learn fast that your team members are the most helpful people around you they help you and you help them
Being a manager at Hyatt Chesapeake Bay requires long hours and no home life if you have a family. High expectations from upper management and they look down on you if you put your family first. You will need to be willing to relocate to other Hyatt properties in order to get in the good graces of management. You have to get in good with a member of upper management in order to be promoted or advanced. They aren't looking to have a department manager with excellent personnel skills, overall knowledge of the department, and a love for the department. They are looking to promote their "Hyatt" managers and move them to other properties.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, no family home life, if you are not willing to relocate then they have no need for you, have to know upper management in order to be promoted
Not a good place to work! The mangers are just as rude as the customers, i’m always nice and that job was just not the one for me. It made me know that i never wanna run a restaurant
The Hyatt in Cambridge md was an okay job but they just talk too people any type of way. They also have certain people that they let get away with the things they do.The Hyatt managers their do not know how too talk too people and is also rude.
Pay is not good for all the work we do at the Hyatt i think we could get paid more with no problems employees can be more respectful management is good at 100 %. I love my job
I liked it but it was very repetitious and a lot of standing in one place. The other employees were nice. The place was clean and had a nice atmosphere.
I learned a lot during my internship especially how to work under pressure and how to work with different people in each situation , it was a great experience
When I first started working at Hyatt almost 12 years ago it was a great place to work. Regular employees had the same right to voice their opinion as management. Management has changed, gotten much younger and seems they are trying to push older employees out. Hence why I am looking elsewhere.
My time at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay was well spent. It was a great family environment (my brother and sister were employed with me at the time of my employment). my years there helped me grow mentally and socially, and the organization gave me opportunity for promotion. I started as a lifeguard and was promoted to activities coordinator. Overall Hyatt was a great company to work for.
It was really bery great and pleasure to work with this group and I learnt so many things while working there Always gives a chance to lrove yourself and growth
Poor management. Do not honor seniority. Poor management and compensation. Human Resources management is very poor. Reverse discrimination. Food and beverage executives are very poor and unexperienced.
Cons
Long hours, poor management, no honor for long term employees. Age discrimination
I don't think I would like to work there again if I was given that choice. Management really didn't care for their employees. Lots of Drama in the work place instead of actual work getting done.
Pros
Experiences
Cons
Poor managment
I vote this is the best company to work for hand downs. Hyatt values their employees recognize years of service. One decision I regret was leaving the company.
I liked that my job was easy but challenging it was challenging because some days the guest would leave it nice and easy to clean where I just have to take the trash out clean out everything and be on to my next room and then other time they leave it messy , but it’s not hard because theses are basic life skills , I like cleaning and once I got the hang of the bed they were easy and I could just go right along with the rest of the stuff.
Pros
Sometimes I may get a tip
Cons
The bed was hard at first
Love my job at the Hyatt. Staff is very friendly. Working at the Hyatt is like working with family. One of my best decisions was becoming apart of the Recreation department.
It started out great. The hours and work load was booming in the beginning of the season. As the season began to change, the hours changed to less and less.
Looked forward to everyday and meeting new people. Enjoyed providing customer service. It is a very fast paced and sometimes stressful job, but also very rewarding.
the scheduling was very poor at times. Often we would have too many people on days where we were not busy at all, and then we had too few people on days where we were totally swamped.
Pros
Friendly
Great place with exciting people and productive work culture and excellent management p pole with great business driving minds and goal oriented people ,takes care of their people
I really enjoyed my job at the Hyatt and as well as my coworkers. Enjoyed the night time hrs they provided me. Everyone works together for the most part.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaks
If the job wasn’t seasonal I would still be there! I loved the work environment, the people, the guest. There wasn’t anything that I didn’t enjoy about it!