Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Carlsbad, CA

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 8,913 reviews
Can be fun depending on who is working that day.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA16 January 2020
Hyatt is a pretty good company with benefits, including discounted or free lodging in other Hyatt’s. Pay is just average and most employees in the Southern California area have to work second jobs to make it. Pay could be much better. Big variances between line staff and managers.
Great benefits but terrible managment
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA30 August 2019
Would be a great job but management is a revolving door of inexperienced, immature kids who are there to put this job on their resume, not actually manage or be there for their team. Completely disorganized and very 'cliquey'. Unprofessional atmosphere trying to be a five star hotel.
Pros
Free food during shift, great medical and good tips but they are shared.
Cons
Management, sharing tips made
Assistant Event Services Manager
Assistant Event Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA23 August 2019
Great company to work for with an excellent work culture; it is more like family. Ethics and standards are high priority. Lots of room for growth and climbing the ladder with this company!
Fun work place
Room service,lobby lounge,hot banquets (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA30 July 2019
Best work place in that location.managers was super nice and they has a high work ethic.I worked too many departments on there,that's why learned a lot of culinary techniques
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break
Not good
Breakfast Host (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA17 July 2019
The people at this Hyatt are great however the job, pay, and management are absolutely horrible. There is no room for advancing and one of the bosses is the worst, if you aren’t the perfect little Barbie who wears make up for a 5:30am shift and have a perfect hairstyle he will tell you to do better and compare you to others
See below
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA9 July 2019
I enjoyed working for Hyatt. They were really good to me. I would work there again if I could. They give consistency and clear direction. They offer all benefits. It was a great work environment.
Pros
Free employee meals uniforms provided
I hope you dont need time for grieving
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA6 July 2019
Management ...needs to work on there compassion ..for there employees who are grieving for the lost a family ...instead of pretending they actually do care.and even.telling you if you need anything or more time to recover from your loss of a love one.....they dont care at all after a month
And losing my older brother to inoperable lung cancer and having to feel my brothers shoes and the Responsibilitys of dealing wt both
Greif stricken elderly parents ....sure I got a week off wt pay.....but it takes time....to get back to a normal working focused mind set....and even after I had exsplained all this to them they threw me under the bus ...and let me go there reasons were that ...I failed in my performance at work....hmmm wonder why...
Pros
Great free lunches
Cons
Management needs to live up to there word and stop wt favortizm..
house keepinf is very fun
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA16 June 2019
I was Working as a Room Attendace, I got Sick Now i need Part time They dont wanna hire me Again, I really need a job. Please help me i now that That they have a job for me, I try to apply again so many times, but i have no lucks.
Pros
free hotel
Cons
nopes
Excellent place to work and learn
In Room Dining Coordinator-Server (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA6 June 2019
I learned a lot about the highest standards of customer service. Very good benefits ,good teamwork culture.
A lot of rotation of employees between departments which allows to learn from each department.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
very frequent change of managers
Productive and fun outgong Team.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA29 May 2019
The most enjoyable part of working for Hyatt was the different tools and resources you have at your finger tips. I enjoyed the support from the Corporate Office.
If you have 5 roommates you can afford to live and work here
Assistant Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA18 March 2019
Hyatt itself is good hotel chain to work for. But the golf side of it is not all its cracked up to be. The environment is fun, but the pay stinks. Unless you are giving lessons every day and a few on your days off, you are looking at a whooping 23k-26k a year. Here in SD that does not work which is why I have left. Hyatt itself brings in enough revenue but cant pay golf staff a decent wage to make a living. $20 for a sleeve of golf balls and minimum wage is pretty much what most people get. Management have been here for a combined 30 years and don't show signs of leaving. So if you want to promote moving or relocating is a very likely possibility. Honestly if the pay was better per hour, I would have better outlook and be more motivated. But it is tough knowing Im going to spend 8 hours at a place and get paid less than 98 percent of golf professionals in San Diego. If you have a few roommates and can afford it, this would be an amazing place to work.
Pros
Free golf, golf industry perks
Cons
pay
schedule
IN-ROOM DINING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA6 March 2019
It's great to work in the hotel but schedule sucks. It's ok if this is your only job but it's hard when you go to school or have another job. most employees have another job due to low wages. Some managers are very caring and very hospitable to guest and employees but most are vice versa.
Don’t waste your time
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Hyatt Carlsbad19 January 2019
It seems when you start that it will be a great job. But give it a couple months and you will see what a terrible place it is and how the communication and leadership is at the bottom. I went there ( and saw a few other cooks ) go there with a great attitude and really try. All I got back from Garde Manger was negativity and treated like I was stupid. I saw another employee go there with the same can do attitude and get treated worse than myself. He left as soon as his internship was done. And I left the same week.
I’ll say it again, don’t waste you time. There’s a reason why there are SO MANY openings there!!
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Extremely poor management!!
Competitive environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA13 December 2018
It was very competitive environment for me. I understand as a job culture being cook/chef but I experienced something a bit different than that. Some of them were so helpful and nice to work with a team (After all working in kitchen = gotta have strong team work) however, some try to screw you over with some kind of nasty trap. My direct manager was nice but executive manager wasn't happy with me. Didn't listen what I had to say and pretty much blamed me for leaving before the busy seasons.
Pros
Opportunities to advance, perform well.
Cons
Some horrible management and co workers
Productive and fun workplace. Won best place to work in Carlsbad, CA
Event Concierge (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA1 December 2018
Event Concierge is the liaison between the Event Sales and/or Event Planning Manager and the on-site meeting contact. This position is highly visible and the central point for handling and addressing special needs or requests. It requires detailed knowledge of the hotel meeting facilities, group dynamics, and event details.
Pros
Lunch, discount, parking, great atmosphere
A great place to work at all levels
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA19 October 2018
The Park Hyatt Aviara is a wonderful property. As any job, you will find pros and cons but overall it is a good place to work if you are looking to actually work.
Pros
Free Employee Parking/Free Employee Cafeteria/Beautiful Location
Cons
Long hours for Managers/Some Dept's have better Managers than others/Needs renovation
Fun place to work
PROFESSIONAL GOLF ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA8 October 2018
A typical day is dealing with customers with a Five Forbes personality. The hardest part of the job is the pay. You don't get a raise or anything while you are working there. Management isn't the best either.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low pay
Good staff
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA3 July 2018
Everybody helps coworkers, appreciate them, have fun together even during work hours, take our breaks in pairs. The schedules allows to have a second job or spend time with family
Pros
Free lunch
Luxury at its finest
Over-Night/In-room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA23 June 2018
This position took me from you average Server to a classy upscale skill level of service. Their standards are unmatched! I would easily rate this hotel as 1 of the best on the west coast and possibly the country.
pretty good company with lots of perks
Cook (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, California7 June 2018
Mostly 8 hours of work, they have strict rules of following the labor code of the State that requires companies to give only 40 hours of work per week. Learned a lot of things there
Pros
free food on cafeteria, 40 hours work per week on regular season

54.2K