Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Cedar Creek, TX

Cedar Creek, TX39 reviews
Great company to work for. The employees and the culture where top notch. Enjoyed the shift and the guest interaction. Made you feel like you always wanted to go above and beyond what was expected.
So basically to start off the day at work I would go grab my shampoo conditioner body wash and cups and coffee put it on my cart and go and grab the chemicals and rags then I grab my device and check my rooms and find out where I’m at then I head to the floors and go to the closet and start stalking my cart and then I go start my rooms
payed very well. servers server customers. social skills are learned. the management not that great. servers don't like their job...........................
Short and simple. great place to work and be. Everyone is friendly. Benefits are great.

Constant new/rotating management leaves nothing accomplished. "Just rough it out till my next job" attitude. Constant budget cutting. money saving, practices leaves a overworked, stressful feeling among staff.
Fast paced environment, opportunity to provide customer service to families, earned tips, discounts available, on site meals at reduced rates, friendly work environment
I worked here for 3 years and was never able to be considered a full-time employee so I never received benefits even though I worked 40+ hours a week. The job was fun and a great summer job, but it was pretty boring during the off seasons. Overall I had a lot of fun being a Rec Attendant because I enjoy working with a wide variety of people and it was a great first job.
work life balance was the hardest part of the job.
i really enjoyed the everyone speaks to everyone workplace culture

you get to meet a lot of people from all over the world

it can be stressful job but also very rewarding
My experience at the Hyatt has been terrific. I enjoyed meeting new people around the world and engaging in stories of their lives. Also, the leadership inspires me daily to push myself to the limit.
Pros
great environment
Cons
far distance from home
I worked in a couple of departments, the spa being my favorite. Some positions had variable hours, others had fixed schedules.
All in all was a great place to work!
Pros
Nice Perks
Cons
It's hotel work.
It was a good place to work because you got to interact with people from different cultures.And the people that work there are really nice and helpful
Pros
Free lunches& eat from buffet when restaurant closed
Cons
Short break times or none at all
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
I really loved it here there is alot of stuff to do and see its just you have to pick the job that best fits you and what you love to do, and the guest are so amazing and always made my day!
Pros
Free lunch
It was an amazing company to work for, the management was very understanding and very considerate of your feelings/ideas and everything else. I would work for the company again.
Working banquets at the Hyatt is a great job for anyone. Excellent pay, easy work, good teams, highly organized. I'd recommend this job to anyone seeking transitional employment or a career.
Working there as a teenager wasn't so bad. It was mainly heavy work for most of the day as we picked up beach towels and spent many hours in the sun depending on the season. You'll learn how to connect a projector and sound system while setting a projection. There will be outside companies you will assist on the other hand you can be a camp counselor that will take care of kids. One difficult thing during my time working there is having to pick up cement umbrellas and move them around the pool area. Towels will also get heavy once their wet and I definitely had back pains working for most of my time there. I made a lot of people who are still in my life now after five years. Ideally, it gives you a broad idea on how to act and be mature about having an actual hospitality job or having an attitude towards work. Which is working very hard and obliged to the work you do.
Pros
dollar buffet, three free nights at different Hyatt's, comfort country experiences.
Cons
no vision insurances, heavy work
Working as an intern I was able to experience the different departments within the Rooms Department. Interning at Hyatt allowed my to advance my managerial skills because the managers were good at working to foster leadership. Hyatt is a family company and the truly comes across because all employees help to support one another.
I worked really hard for the position I worked. I just wished the raise would be quarterly or even the usual 1 year mark.
I learned how to communicate guest in positive, caring way.

I went out of my way for Guest happiness during their stay at the Hyatt.

I enjoyed my hard work earned of vacation time, but what I didn't like about it was when I wanted to use it. Management wouldn't approve too much of it, even though there was empty spots on time off calendar for me to use vacation time.

The hardest part of the job was when someone doesn't work as hard as you. Person would slack off leaving you with all the work making it difficult to get the work done on time.

The most enjoyable time was during the holidays, we have special events for all Hyatt employees such as big lunches, or big breakfast, night dances, management would bring holiday treats for us to enjoy, and employees in the department would do a pot luck every once in a while. We can all play around, make each other laugh making the job fun for us to work.
Pros
Some awesome, funny, fun employess, health benefits
Cons
Pay one dollar for lunch taken out of our check, vacation time when wanted, employee slacking off, making you work twice hard giving you stress
I thought working on a golf course would be fun. I couldn't have been more wrong. The person who hired me left for a different job and the new boss was a jerk who cared about looking good to his bosses and blamed everything that went wrong on the people who worked beneath him. I almost passed out from heatstroke and was accused of being lazy. Often I would have to work until 10 pm at night and then have to come back and open at 5 am the next day because that's how the schedule was written up.
Pros
Free golf on days off
Cons
Hard work for low pay
The Hyatt was a beautiful property to work and was an awesome experience for me. The management was good and so were the employees. The downside was their was no room to advance in the job and pay raises did not come very easily.
Pros
Great environment and wonderful staff
Cons
Not many benefits and odd schedules
The hyatt is a very great place to work, the atmosphere and everything was beautiful. but the managers are hard to deal with. and in the summer time it is very busy
This resort is one of the prettiest places that I have ever seen. It is a pleasure to work with the clientele who are not so demanding as one would think in such an upscale environment.
Cons
long walk from parking lot to facilities
It was a nice place to work but the food that they gave is bad and the people whom work there was nice if you dont know Spanish. I work roughly 8 hours a day outside.
4.5K