Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Found 260 reviews matching the search See all 8,922 reviews
Great experience in a new industry
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL9 February 2020
Positive overall experience. Teammates were great, made me feel welcome and comfortable. This was a great learning experience for me as it was a new industry. Great manager that I was able to observe and learn new project management strategies from.
Great culture, fun place to be.
Software and Automation Architect (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 February 2020
It is a great place to work, wonderful culture and colleagues. The only drawback if you are consultant/contractor is, even if they promise the role is contract-to-hire, the "to-hire" is not certain even after working for few years. Apart from that it will would fun to be part of the company.
I enjoy taking care of people, and resolving any customer issues
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 January 2020
I am a very hardworking, outgoing people oriented person. Love learning things. I care about people, and want to provide fast, friendly service! Multi tasking, and providing service to customers I love to do! I enjoyed doing this at the Hyatt. The least thing I enjoyed was sometimes I was too hard on myself. I would go the extra mile, but sometimes felt, I still didn't do enough.
Caring, Encouraging, Innovative, and All Around Great
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 January 2020
Hyatt has been a great place to work. Management truly embodies Hyatt's purpose and care for their colleagues so they can be their best. They also want to see their employees grow and succeed, allowing for (and advocating for) internal movement whenever it makes sense. Company moral is on the up. Leadership listens (most of the time). Honestly, a great place to work.
Excellent
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 January 2020
This working place was a great experience to add on my resume I learned a lot and enjoyed working there my ratings are not that bad they were real great management.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL9 January 2020
Fun place to work. Great leadership within all departments that are always willing to help and support all employees. The support among all team members to ensure customer satisfaction was amazing.
It's a corporation
Contract iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL3 January 2020
Don't expect anything other than a desk and a computer. No ping-pong tables or Friday beers-- it's a straight-up corporate environment, with a management team that is only slightly aware that the tech team exists.
Great pay
Hotel Lobby Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 December 2019
Great pay but the focus is not on the guest also poor staffing things never in stock not enough options for guest manager doing union employees jobs breaking union guidelines
Hyatt work life
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL19 December 2019
Working at Hyatt provided a wonderful wealth of experience in many areas of food and beverage, revenue generation and people skills.The company have a good culture of inclusion.
Caring for People...
Hospitality Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 November 2019
Hyatt Hotels Corporation is a global company that cares deeply for its associates, its guests and its owners. I was privileged and honored to have been associated with them for 35-years, which included nine different geographic locations.
Great place to work in a stunning downtown building
Digital Content Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 November 2019
Hyatt was a great place to work and I really enjoyed my time there. Everyone was helpful, well-informed and friendly and I would highly recommend them as a company to work for.
Great Place
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 November 2019
To work there is truly a fulling experience, learning something new for growth is what is taught. We work had and celebrate success and set attainable goals daily.
Hyatt
Lead Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 November 2019
Working at Hyatt was fun until you try to advance, that’s when you see the true culture, union members aren’t allowed to go anywhere except side to side or down
Diversity of cultures
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 October 2019
Great environment to work, very professionals.
All the managers have excellent communication with the employes.
Great attention to the customer services
Good Company. Weird Management
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 October 2019
Management doesn't promote from within. No advancement opportunities. Low morale in the IT department. Rampant favoritism and a few alcoholics drinking in the middle of the week is a normal thing.
Pros
Free hotel stays
Cons
Low morale on certain teams. No advancement
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 October 2019
Hyatt was a great place to work. They truly care about their employees. They company provides great benefits, 401K, great health insurance and paid maternity leave.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
low pay
assisting guests was a delightful opportunity.
laundry room attentant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 October 2019
job was fulfilling, coworkers were team players, part time hours were good, but departmental management required professionalism. part time positions were eliminated and I am not looking for full time employment at this time.
Great benefits
Bell attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL3 October 2019
The Hyatt Offer great benefits. This job requires up most professionalism. The different departments give u a lot of opportunities to learn more about The hotel and a open opportunity to make a career.
The management, housekeeping, good benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 September 2019
I Cleaning 13-16 rooms a day
I learned that you can't trust everything you see and hear
Management has it ups and downs
Its was very different cultural people in the work place and nice ones
The hardest part of the job was being able to get thru the dirty messed up rooms by the end of the day
The most enjoyable part of the job friend's
Excellent
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 August 2019
This place is one of the best places I've worked with. Great pay, and great ppl... U must be on top of your game when working here because they expect nothing less than the best. Absolutely love the Park Hyatt Chicago!!!

54.2K