Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Chicago, IL274 reviews
We received a lot perks. We get recognition if you work good. Provided meals were awesome. Overall it's good. The only bad things, Union is over power the management. Made some people lazy.
Pros
Free meals and perks
Cons
short breaks and Union too overpower
Hyatt is wonderful! Great place to work. They have a bit of work to do in certain areas, but all companies can improve. I thank the company for the opportunity!
Lots of back-stabbing to claw up the ladder, way to much favoritism shown along the buddy system. Front Office management leaves a lot to be desired to say the least !!
I like that you get to work with alot of different cultures. Meeting new people. Management was not so great. We had a different intern every 2 weeks when I was there. Felt like we trained them more.Made changes
Pros
God benefits, Union
Cons
Poor Management
I loved working for Hyatt and was very disappointed when the layoff occurred due to lack of guests / income. They truly care about their employees and guests. I would be willing to go back once they have work available again.
Flexible schedule and the team was allowed one work from home day a week. Management always tried to encourage trainings and conventions to develop skills and generate ideas from other companies to bring to our system.
Feeling how to be a professional skilled in customer satisfaction, Learning about hospitality Industry, Introducing services, attractions & landmarks. Getting experience in arranging events and memorable personal experiences to our guests. All of it by multitasking with responsibility and coordination as a team member.
Good Team and Great Management. Good balance between Job and Word. The Company has a great philosophy towards people, "Helping others to be there best".
Great place to work. Worked with colleagues in different regions so it made things very interesting. Everyone who works at Hyatt is extremely polite - it's the nature of the hospitality industry. They want to solve your problem. They want to help you.
open office environment where collaboration thrives. People are helpful but you must always be on your toes to put out fires. Benefits are very good including travel.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Family style business
best experience working place and carrier builder.

good benefit and secure for your family.

very helpful company.

nice team work.
Very diverse culture. Everyone has a great attitude. I guess one would expect that in hospitality. The compensation is fair. There is a good work/life balance.
My colleagues truly care about my wellbeing; they will do whatever they can to ensure employees are happy both in and out of work. Co-workers have become some of the most influential and important people in my life; it's great to get to go to work every day where you have a best friend.
good benefits and job opportunity
good location to transportation,

maternity and paternity leave ,

diversity in their employees ,

family oriented parties and job security
Workplace culture is phenomenal! Extremely knowledgeable and empathetic management. A lot of meetings, some productive, some not. Decisions can take weeks to be made - often too many chiefs needed to consult! Opportunities to advance exist but often the path to take for advancement is not clear. Upper management often bogged down with administrative tasks. Company environment cultivates success, however, you definitely have to take charge of your own destiny!
Positive overall experience. Teammates were great, made me feel welcome and comfortable. This was a great learning experience for me as it was a new industry. Great manager that I was able to observe and learn new project management strategies from.
It is a great place to work, wonderful culture and colleagues. The only drawback if you are consultant/contractor is, even if they promise the role is contract-to-hire, the "to-hire" is not certain even after working for few years. Apart from that it will would fun to be part of the company.
I am a very hardworking, outgoing people oriented person. Love learning things. I care about people, and want to provide fast, friendly service! Multi tasking, and providing service to customers I love to do! I enjoyed doing this at the Hyatt. The least thing I enjoyed was sometimes I was too hard on myself. I would go the extra mile, but sometimes felt, I still didn't do enough.
Hyatt has been a great place to work. Management truly embodies Hyatt's purpose and care for their colleagues so they can be their best. They also want to see their employees grow and succeed, allowing for (and advocating for) internal movement whenever it makes sense. Company moral is on the up. Leadership listens (most of the time). Honestly, a great place to work.
This working place was a great experience to add on my resume I learned a lot and enjoyed working there my ratings are not that bad they were real great management.
Fun place to work. Great leadership within all departments that are always willing to help and support all employees. The support among all team members to ensure customer satisfaction was amazing.
4.5K