Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Columbia, SC

Columbia, SC13 reviews
my experience at the Hyatt was at first a very wonderful and achieving experience I did meet some rather good people . I love the company as a whole and I would work there again.
I maintained different hotel rooms each day that needed re cleaned and new bedding. And other things updated. Always cleaned. And maintained. I also kept up with my inventory on my housekeeping cart
Pros
The Salary and It was a job
Cons
None really
i enjoy working in the hospitality world. its a great experience and room for growth. Ive been in the hospitality market over 10 years and hope for many more. the Hyatt Place is a great job with opportunity.
day at work 16 hours
learned starbucks

management not fair

workplace very tiring

hardest not having enough employees

enjoyable opening the hotel

Having the responsibilty to manage my department would have made this job the best ever
Pros
the salary
Cons
never enough employees
It is a lot differnert than what i am used to but it keeps you interative with a lot of different people. The mornings are the busiest time of the day for me because we do breaskfast at our hotel. So I am never in one spot. So it keeps me moving.
I loved working here! The guests you meet on a daily basis as well as the regulars who come to stay with us. it is a lot of work that you do, but its all worth it in the end.
Pros
Tips, Vacation time
Cons
Guest Satisfaction 100%
Working in this environment is very stressful. Accomplishments were few and hard to repeat. The environment's core initiative was to create a place where students could succeed.
Pros
Opportunity for working in education
Cons
Highly stressful environment
it was pretty ok . not too much hard work easy to learn good hours avg management good benefits learning experience well tread good location nice people to work with
Recruiting, interviewing, filing, using data systems.
• Recruiting: Utilizing Taleo in screening process of candidates, background/reference checks, interviewing potential candidates.

• Associate Relations: Making the work place enjoyable and safe for staff, planning and executing employee outings.

• Orientation: Ensured the information is given properly to newly hired staff members, on boarding process for all new hires, off boarding interviews for terminated employees.
Hyatt Park has a really rough demographic of children. Almost all children are on free and reduced lunch, and come from single family homes. Their backgrounds are not always pretty. But, it is not always the children that made this place difficult to work at. The administration would change year to year and just kept getting worse. There is little parent involvement and lack of support from the administration. You were definitely flying solo while teaching here. Most of the other staff members were really negative as well. The building itself is nice, but once really into that environment, you will see that it is toxic for both the students and the teachers that are there because they care. It's a really unfortunate circumstance.
Job is Great!
Great place to meet new people everyday

Prepare and Serve Breakfast was Great.

Really enjoyed learning the Hotel Business

people working there are really nice
Pool Table , Gym , Basketball Court. I Enjoy Doing My Job, I Have Some Good Co-Workers, When Im Doing Something Wrong They Will Correct Me And Show Me How To Do It The Right Way. The Hardest Part Of The Job Is Telling The Kids To Go Home And Come Back Tomorrow .
Pros
give a snack
Hyatt Park Elementary School is an aweome place to work. It has an enhanced instructional program with teams of interventionists who worked with targeted groups of students during the school day to provide interventions and academic assistance. A comprehensive after-school program and individualized tutorial sessions for students in kindergarten through grade five also increased the school’s ability to assist students in meeting academic goals and standards. Supplemental tutorial services are also provided to support students in meeting academic standards. Class size has been significantly reduced at each grade level so that teachers and instructional support staff were better able to provide individualized instruction, enrichment and academic support. Teachers worked with the literacy and math coaches to refine teaching practices and to identify the most effective methods for teaching and supporting the students. All students were eligible to borrow laptop computers for at-home use. Laptops were loaded with the Success Maker program that provides support in reading and mathematics. I can personally affirm that efforts to significantly increase student academic achievement is made through the effective use of data, a clear focus on learning and results, and positive relationships and collaboration among the staff, students, parents and the community. It is an awesome place of employment.
4.5K