Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Dallas, TX98 reviews
Hyatt cares about their employees and goes the extra mile to help them succeed. They are good at training their employees and developing great customer service skills.
Management was contradicting does not listen to employees.supervisor lies on employees to get what she wants and will set the seen and create problems for employees.Supervisor is racist.
Was a easy job I was allways working from room to room we had to organize every thing all the chairs and tables we were allways working we had to have good communication skills on how the room would have to be set up how many tables and chairs where would they be placed at
It was a fun workplace, I met a lot of people and made friends with international internship.
Worktime schedule was fit perfectly with my schedule.

Senior managers and director were great.

Peer were very friendly and supportive.
Great work place. Just trying to change a little bit. At Hyatt is an open hotel which means I have to work in the heat or in the cold whether. Other then that everything is good.
Lack of recognition, pay not equal to tasks performed, long hours with no regard for home life, not enough personnel for my department, short lunches, terrible menu's for employee meals eventhough it's free, new management seems distant, impersonable.
Pros
Free lunch馃槖
Cons
No recognition, many job duties, lack if appropriate compensation.
Management is very poor no good .. Housekeeper is very rude ..Housekeeping Supervisor always arrive late sometime need get cart for ready supplies .. No one open housekeeping storage always late .. One of Housekeeper was very rude and she want all tips her self and not share with other housekeeping teams .. Laundry is greedy take tips from housekeeping and guest left tips for housekeeper cleaned room . Some Laundry co work will take tip money .. It is wrong this tip is not for them because they don鈥檛 cleaned this room .. That鈥檚 why Management is poor and no professional .. Also they messy and drama!!! Don鈥檛 work there is not a good place
Pros
Only 30 minute lunch and overtime is limit
Cons
Poor management
The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to meet new guest providing them with excellent hospitality. The work culture among the employees was pleasant as everyone enjoy collaborating with one and other as a team.
I enhoy working at the Hyatt Regency Dallas. It is a very fast pace enviroment but also fun. Very mature and selfless staff. Business savy culture. Job is great for anyone who is just starting out.
I worked for Hyatt regency Dallas for 1 year and I learned a lot, and i built skills that I can use in my career forever. I will definitely work for the Hyatt chain again.
Best Place Ever!...I See I Said I Had To Say It Again! Wish I Could Work There Again! The Entire Staff Makes You Feel Welcomed. Recommend This Place To Anyone.
It has great benefits and a good work environment. It felt like a family working here. There are travel benefits and affordable insurance and 401(k). There are lots of career advancement opportunities and they promote from within.
Pros
free lunches, free hotel stays, discounted hotel stays
Cons
compensation is on the lower end of the spectrum
Typical work day would include checking guests into and out of the hotel. Taking care of the gallery, taking food and beverage orders from the bar and kitchen. Making service runs to rooms for room service and or a guest request for amenities provided by the hotel. As key holder i would take the guests to work in the morning or to the airport with our company shuttle van. In charge of stock, so there is a daily food and beverage order that i would take care of of as far as the gallery, kitchen and housekeeping needs. Walk in guests are common and finding a place/room for them to stay in my goal. If not possible then i was able to guest to another one of our hotels near by. Hardest part of the job was making ever guest happy and comfortable as far as dealing with so many personalities but that is just part of the job, as in any position at any workplace.
Pros
could fit my schedule
Cons
short to no brakes
customer value proposition. Implemented feedback loops allow me to capture feedback to improve customer service and ensure that quality and service exceed customer expectations, to help in all aspects any time of day on call or not on call .
The culture is laid back but that can be a disadvantage to some.
Iooking to advance in career with Hyatt House they don't support you with learning opportunities.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
Management could be more involved in development of empoyees
Twice having worked in their corporate cultured properties. When citing situations that may easily correctable and beneficial to the culture, your labeled a trouble maker. The suggestions that are looked at take a year or so to be implemented. When there鈥檚 a need for a talk regarding policy adherence, there will be at least two to three members of management in the talk but you may not have representation or at least an impartial person present. You may actually see their methodology of compliance adherence, as a form of military discipline. Look elsewhere if a career choice is your goal.
Pros
Seniority is adhered to
Cons
Inability to make independent choices
I'll be honest, this hotel does not have a healthy sales team. There is a lot of internal sabotage and tons of turnover is every role. Even the Director left after three years and the Associate director is leaving after barely a little over a year. The GM is also really old and seems to only care with ownership (Hunt Oil) has to say. Also, if you plan on being a sales assistant, plan to do all your sales managers work. Not even the normal amount as your job requires, you will literally clean and touch every single booking, contract, and sales proposal. Some of the sales managers are nice and wont have you do everything because they are good on their own, but others just cant do anything or choose not to because they feel it is your job.....These are also the sales mangers who sleep around with clients, come in hungover, and ignore their clients calls. Just beware....

With that said, not all Hyatt's are like this. This property in particular is just going through a lot and has history of high turnover. Some places just have a negative vibe that even turnover cant change.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
internal struggles with team members.
Have done everything i can to learn what i can, they limit you to your learning. Its very easy to learn your position. Very family oriented. coworker are easy to get along with.
This was a great place to start my career, I enjoyed this job. It was a relaxed but productive kitchen. Very helpful, knowledgeable and people oriented leaders.
Pros
Free lunch. Great parties for associates and their families
Cons
Not alot of room for advancement In the banquet kitchen, the cooks usually stay.
Worked for Hyatt for 19 years in 6 different properties. Maintain strong corporate structure. Great environment to grow and learn. Great benefits for employees
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Hospitality changes greatly with the economy
My most favorite job ever,lots of fun nights, great food and great company to work for. Everyone treats you like family. there are all kinds of fun little perks and incentives while working for them.
Pros
good food, good employers
Cons
having to get off at 2:30 am
4.5K