Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

Denver, CO113 reviews
Great company to work for. Offers good benefits and incentives, as well as career opportunities. I worked at Hyatt Regency at Colorado Convention Center and Grand Hyatt in Downtown Denver, and both hotels have great management, excellent communication and teamwork.
Cool job and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a entry level job with room to grow into management I really enjoyed the atmosphere around
I really enjoyed working for the Hyatt and I always will love this company . I feel I have gotten paid fairly at this company but....... management has a set number of hours you have to work in order for them to hit their number, if you go over, management will adjust the hours to hit their target numbers even if that means you lose hours you already worked. The Hyatt company that I worked for, spent millions of dollars revamping one of their restaurants witch turned into a disaster, If you don’t have enough time there you essentially nothing. Hyatt will do almost anything to save money as well so if an employee leaves the company and you want their position, most likely they will not open the position back up in term moving up in the company very very hard
Pros
Benefits, pay, free food for all employees
Cons
Making the employees suffer for the mistakes of the company
Enjoyed working when Hyatt managed my property. Hyatt Corporation is a great company to work for with great discounts for Travel. It is difficult to find a Hyatt managed property as they franchise.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay
I love the work environment, you can learn fast and all my coworkers are helpful and friendly. The hotel is beautiful and the employees areas are comfortable
No communication from management or so untimely the information is useless. Supervisors lie to HR in order to cover for their bad behavior. They award people who deserve it the least.
Great company to work for that offers good benefits and great perks. fun, friendly and outgoing staff, and the hotel brand offers many opportunities for personal growth.
I once loved this company but as I've moved up I've become more and more disappointed. I cannot speak for all Hyatt's but the operations side of the Hyatt Regency Denver only has a handful of strong and caring managers. There are some who really want to contribute to the growth and advancement of their employees, while others are clearly not very team oriented. If you are looking to advance at this property, stay away from the housekeeping department (at least for the near future). There are one or two managers who are very knowledgable but the rest are incredibly passive aggressive and impatient. They demean and demoralize their team with a smile on their face. Some managers are only there because they come from a well respected property. Their leadership skills are futile and their scarce contributions are rarely positive. Unfortunately, if you come from a well known property you will most likely be hired.
This hotel is strict on the type of degree you have. I was hoping to transfer with this company and excel to the next level but it was required that you have an Accounting degree to move up.
I was usually by myself learning how to operate my area without help. The company did offer free meals such as breakfast and lunch which was one incentive to keep me working at the company.
I really enjoy my job at the Hyatt. The company and culture are the best I have ever worked for. From the management to the staff the people are friendly, happy and out going. I feel seen, heard and supported by my managers and coworkers. The benefits are appreciated and seemingly excellent. I can’t wait to use vacation days and my free stays.
Fast paced ever changing environment with great advancement opportunities. Lot's of different positions to learn a grow with a culture of promoting from within.
Staffs from GM to supervisor are so friendly , they appreciate the value of associate in respectful manners . Though I quit the job from Hyatt in 2017 June because I had to move another state due to my family reason, I missed place of that work environment . Even if I get opportunity to work for Hyatt in my favor I never say no.
Hyatt is a great company to work for. With a will, they will train you in different fields and advance your career like to other hospitality company. They offer a great culture and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, travel, training
Cons
Must be relocated to advance quickly, every property still has its own environment that doesn’t always align with the company culture.
Great atmosphere and coworkers! Hyatt definitely takes the time to seek quality candidates who truly care about their position. Many employees have been there for many years.
Usual day consisted of running calls and doing convention power for parties. Benefits were nice health dental 4011k and stocks. Also took care of all major emergencies from weather & media to medical & fire concerns.
I’m one time at work. Respect people and good team workers. Province guilty service, eye contacts really to serve. Turning around if the guest need something to be serve. Introducing my self into the guests pure water ,after eating clean table resets for the nest guests.
Great place to work! Lots of big family aspect. Typical day is very eventful, big ship with lots of moving parts. Great benefits and stays throughout other properties.
I worked at this place many years ago when I was young, I don't remember much of anything about this place besides the job was fast paced, but the people I worked with, were not there to be your friend, they were looking out for number 1.
Only good things to say, HR is always available to help with any questions, work related or personal. Free employee meals, free parking for supervisors and above, good benefits.
Cut-throat management, love to hire young white people, stressful at the time I was there, Hard to get into top management not able to stay at hotel
Pros
free lunches at the time I was there and you can get your uniform cleaned
Cons
no room for advancement if you are older and black