Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

Denver, CO114 reviews
Hyatt Corporation in general and Hyatt Regency Denver specifically has a diverse culture that is supportive and encouraging. More of the time than not it is a fun, positive place to work. The managers and supervisors are there to assist and support you always, not just during your shift. The benefits are amazing - quality and inexpensive Healthcare, generous vacation days and sick days, discounted and free nights at properties around the world, employee cafeteria offering food all day/night. The GM truly and genuinely cares about everyone who works there. The HR Department is on site and always there to support you as well. It's a company that encourages growth and promotion.
Pros
Positive work environment, great benefits, free food in employee cafeteria
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Cut-throat management, love to hire young white people, stressful at the time I was there, Hard to get into top management not able to stay at hotel
Pros
free lunches at the time I was there and you can get your uniform cleaned
Cons
no room for advancement if you are older and black
it's an terrific , amazing team to be working with , they were very very helpful to me especially at the beginning because it was me first job I got, The manager was so awesome and flexible and understandable beside so proficient.
in addition to, you can do your religious indeeds, with a lot of respect of all coworkers.

I really liked it a lot but was looking for better job.
Columbia Sussex is a terrible place to work. They have zero compassion for work related injuries and Human Resources was an completely overwhelmed and made significant mistakes that resulted in me losing my job.
Excellent advancement opportunities especially if willing to relocate. Hyatt is a well know brand and is a company that takes care if its associates and guest.
Awesome place to work. Food is provided in a staff lounge everyday. Fun, attentive team members. If you want a job with room for advancement this is it!
Unfortunately my experience at Hyatt wasn't a good one.l didn't get the position l was originally offered.Tried laundry and not good.Well underpaid!!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Workload well uderpaid
I help 4 different positions while at Hyatt and although I did move within the company to be truly successful you have to be willing to work 10-12 hour days, and relocate around the country (or world) at the drop of a hat. The perks are nice, but the pay is not fair for the work.
Pros
free lunches, comp nights
Cons
pay, hours, working nights and holidays
Productive and fun place to work. I loved working for this company, the people were great and the job was always interesting. I worked as the Executive Sous Chef, writing all menus and recipes. I was in charge of all culinary training and coaching.
I liked working for Hyatt and there was room for advancement. It's a company that cares for it's employees. It was a fast paced environment with lots of work to be done, always. Most of my co-workers were friendly and hard working and the management also worked very hard.
Pros
free lunch, good raises
Cons
very stressfull
IT was a good company when it came to benefits and consistent hours, but it lacked in management and caring about their employees as a person. There were also several days where you work several hours without breaks or you have to do really hard turn arounds.
Pros
free lunches and great benefits
Cons
horrible management
they offer a free lunch which is a plus for me.and good hotel rates for the employees,but no promotions within the department.and there are no pay raise.i feel its a dead end job.
Good experience for working in a high pace environment. Provided full time employees with benefits. Management could improve, but you meet a lot of people in this industry and it's a good place to work if you want to advance in hospitality.
it's okay. Not many opportunities for advancement. It's a job that pay the bills. Management doesn't seem to care about sticking around. They pretty much use the department as a stepping stone to move up the corporate ladder.
good commutation with everyone takes easy to get to understand work can take up to a week or so but after you understand the everything gets easy to understand
I worked for 5 days a week at Grand Hyatt Denver, and I increased more skills in my job experience for making every events successful. At Grand Hyatt I worked with different culture of people.
Pros
Free lunch
Job was very stressful when I first started, but that was mostly equated to my manager. I was able to move up the ranks to a position with better hours and eventually became the lead pastry cook (cook 3). I learned to delegate projects and become a stronger supervisor.
Hours are on call based
Easy to understand and follow instructions given

Free food for all employees for the shifts they pick up

Management is throughout and clear on instructions and needs for job
I like to work at the hyatt hotel at that,time,but dit did not meen that I like to work for hotels,but did learn the skills at the hyatt,hotel,it is good place to work they did respect employees
This review is not based on Hyatt Corporate. Many of the Hyatt hotels are owned and managed by third party companies and that is where you need to be careful.
very fast pace/ teamwork/ machine operator/tablecloth iron machine/ Presser for POSH company (outside of Hyatt Regency /helped out in laundry chute! loading carts for delivering supplies to 32 floor's/
Pros
Teamwork and helping others to operate machines
Cons
rearly got to move on to the Dept..