Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

Denver, CO114 reviews
Hyatt Corporation in general and Hyatt Regency Denver specifically has a diverse culture that is supportive and encouraging. More of the time than not it is a fun, positive place to work. The managers and supervisors are there to assist and support you always, not just during your shift. The benefits are amazing - quality and inexpensive Healthcare, generous vacation days and sick days, discounted and free nights at properties around the world, employee cafeteria offering food all day/night. The GM truly and genuinely cares about everyone who works there. The HR Department is on site and always there to support you as well. It's a company that encourages growth and promotion.
Pros
Positive work environment, great benefits, free food in employee cafeteria
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Fun inclusive atmosphere to work with a strong core of senior management. Highly recommended for those looking to work in hospitality as Hyatt is truly a leader.
Pros
Free lunch, great location, great atmosphere
I have worked at this place for 3 years. It is busy hotel with great food. I've learned a lot of things there. It is fun place to work with supportive management but no room to grow. The best part of the hotel are great people.
I had fun working at The Westin Downtown Hotel, I just didn't feel I was getting paid enough working there. I found a new job shortly after I was hired there due to the amount of money I was being paid.
Pros
Free Meals-Discounts To Stay In Other Hotels
Cons
Housemen Didn't Get Paid Much.
Being a four diamond property is demanding, but I love it. If you can't play with the big boys then you'll just have to work somewhere else.
Pros
High End Lux sales
Cons
The early hours are not for everyone and there's nothing like leaving the house at 5am to get home at 5pm, but my coworkers were great. The customers at the Hyatt are snotty business people, but you get used to them.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours, rude customers
I love working at the Hyatt Regency at Colorado Convention Center. The schedule is flexible, and the pay is great for a guy who's going to college.
A typical work day consists of two hours of prep time, the event, and then closing side work.

Overall, a very good part time job, however as with most hotels, hours are not guaranteed.
Pros
Provided Lunch, Great benefits, great pay
Cons
Low Scheduling opportunities
Hyatt is a good company to work for. Lots of benefits and deals from other companies. The only big problem I have is that you can't use your discount at your home hotel.
Pros
Employee cafeteria, decent vacation time, friendly staff
Cons
not very flexible hours, entitled hotel guests
In a corporate company like this one, it is difficult to not feel like a cog in the wheel. Advancement can be difficult, as the candidate pool is vast for relatively few opportunities.
Pros
Great healthcare, 401K matching
Cons
Difficult to advance, corporate culture, required to work weekends and holidays
I loved my job there, my coworkers and the clients that I worked with. Hyatt makes an effort to show their employees that they are an integral part of the company.
I`ve worked at several hotel brands in different cities, but I must say this is by far the best job I have ever had. The pay could be better and employees have to pay for parking, but other than that it is a great company to be employed for.
Pros
Free lunch, free hotel stay after a year, involved in the community
Cons
Wages moderate and employees have to pay for parking, no 90 day raise
It was interesting. Management does there job and not much else. No room for growth.
Great place to work! Learn multiple skill sets. great people.
Great place to learn. Management was a little pre-occupied, but did their best. The over all hotel was clean and organized.
Managment hardly ever gets involved. they do not seem to care about employees. They lack professional skills while dealing with employees.
I start prepping at five am to open breakfast at six am. When we open for breakfast we make sure we have enough silverware and plates. One person will do the omelet stations and the other will keep up on the buffet, tables, and dishes. The management and co-workers are great because when we get busy they will help us if they can. The hardest part of this job is when the equipment goes down and we have to wait a couple days if the engineer is not able to fix it. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers because they know how to make me smile if something happens.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay
I had a great experience but was ready to move on to better opportunities.
Needs structure, but is a good job for a fast paced lifestyle. Hotel deals are a must and the people are generally friendly.
Multiple language skills required!
Pros
upscale work environment, free food, hotel deals, uniform service, covered parking
Cons
parking fees, no part time benifits, downtown traffic fun, unstructured management
I moved from another state as a server from about a year and a month of experience. Initially applied for a barback position but made it known that I wanted to be a bartender. I was told that I would be moved up to bartender once I showed improvement. After about three months and coming from a U.S. military background, I picked up product knowledge faster than expected from supervisors. After asking an assistant supervisor to be considered for an open bartending position, I was told that because I had only been at the Hyatt for three months I was not being considered for a bartending position even though I was pulling shift for bartenders on their days off or breaks. I had to find out from another department that they were hiring someone with less experience and ZERO barbacking experience to do a job I was being pruned for. Unbelievable. As soon as I find a better job I'm gone. I will never work for this company again.
Pros
Health insurance, vacation pay, sick pay (full time)
Cons
Political game, 30 min. break, Unorganized supervisors.
Large scale high-end hotel specializing in corporate and private events
Been working here for more than five years feel like its home.I got most of my customer service experience here.Great money very physical demanding job.
Pros
free food
Cons
schdule