Hyatt Employee Reviews in Garden Grove, CA

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 8,761 reviews
Good for part-time extra cash flow
bar (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA15 January 2019
Depending on your how often you're scheduled and which department, you can get burnt out pretty quickly. Cash flow is good but the amount of work you do can be unjustified. Management is lacking, there is a sense of a "free for all". Good discounts and perks though.
Productive workplace
Delivery Driver/Cater (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA1 September 2018
Great place to work at, the pay was just not enough. Everyday was a challenge. Break time was always a good part of the day. I was able to speak with my co workers.
I dont know what your asking me
Server (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA19 July 2018
I liked working at Hyatt. I had a well balanced life with a good paying job. Management needed to recognize good workers and reward them with job advancements.
good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA 9284020 May 2018
they have great discounts and incentives for working with them such as staying at ofther hyatt hotels either for free or at a discounted price great experince company has allot of good work ethics
Management was excellent
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA7 March 2018
A typical day at work consisted of full concentration.
I enjoyed working with the management.
I learned team work.
The culture was positive.
The easiest part of the job was teamwork.
Easy and fast paced
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA8 February 2018
Easy to comprehend and fast paced at times. Great team to work with and flexible hours. Easy system to understand but problematic at times. Management is poor.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pool bartender outside with one umbrella
Pool Bartender (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA1 September 2017
Well I was hired as a pool server at Hyatt. The first day I started, I got thrown in and trained by someone who was there two days before me. Instead of a serving position, I am actually bartending with no previous experience. The management is very unorganized as they do not care about this position at all and it shows!
Pros
Free lunches, discount hotels
Cons
poor management, horrible set up for the bar
Machine Operator
Machine (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA21 July 2017
The company worked four ten hour days so you had 3 days off to get done what you needed. People where great to work with if you had a problem they helped out
I had a great experience here
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA21 July 2017
Paid well great work experience work was easy everybody worked well together. The hardest part of the job was 10 hr day. But you had 3 days off to do what you needed to get done.
Great place to learn customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA19 June 2017
Great place to learn better learn your customer service skills and become better with working with people. The only down fall is trying to request time off, it was almost impossible to be able to get a day off.
Abusive management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA30 May 2017
Management is verbally abusive with little understanding how to perform their own jobs. Relying solely on the opinions of others, decisions are constantly changing without any notice to the people affected.
Fun but can be stressful.
Front Desk Agent/VIP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA 9284013 May 2017
Like any job Front Desk can be great, or it can be challenging to say the least. It really depends on the guest you have in front of you, and your attitude. Just have to make sure not to let one guest's negative attitude towards you affect your day towards other people. Co-workers are all great. They are what made coming into work a lot of fun.
Pros
Free lunch benefits for full time
Cons
hours are not consistent in off seasons no real breaks just a 30 min lunch
Enjoy living in southern cal
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA20 August 2016
Being the executive sous chef your day changes, its always something different you have to attend too. Leadership is the big part of being in management with the Hyatt
Pros
Free hotel rooms
Cons
el mejor lugar para trabajar
Un dia en Orange County era como un dia de descanso en mi casa para mi el trabajo era solo una actividad de limpieza rutinaria en mi hogar disfrutaba y realizaba las actividades que se me asignaran con gusto,dentro de esta propiedad desarolle casi un 100% de todas mis cualidades formandome no solo como empleado si no reforzando los valores que se me enseñaron desde la niñez aprendiendo tambien el ingles en casi un 100% apesar de ser nacido en los estados unidos vivi desde nacido en Ensenada B.C siendo asi el español mi primer idioma, dentro de los años que labore en orange county tuve excelente relacion con los 8 diferentes managers que laboraron en HOUSEKEEPING siendo el manager que me contrato el que me tomo bajo su tutela y me enseño lo que se y con el transcurso del tiempo laborado fui afinando mis aptitudes los empleados de HOUSEKEEPING mostraron una union bastante fuerte ganando el titulo de departamento del año en 2014, la parte mas dificil fue las malas actitudes de ciertas personas asi mi persona criticando la buena comunicacion con mis gerentes viendolo a mala manera pero como en todo espacio laboral es algo que regularmente sucede lo que mas me agrado fue el ambiente de trabajo la autenticidad de la hospitalidad que se ofrecia a los huespedes era notable podria decir un ambiente de trabajo excelente como comentario final el hotel gano uno de los reconocimientos de una de las mejores empresas para trabajar de orange county
Pros
seguro medico cafeteria para empleados recursos humanos
Cons
turnos back to back ( el cerrar y regresar a abrir)
great management
Assist other housekeeping team members (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA15 July 2016
great place to work lots of happy faces good food good surrounding and lots of people so the rush really isn't a rush more like an hour but it makes the time pass bye so thats good
Review
Conventional services (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA26 May 2016
One of the best experiences that I have had this far for working for the Hyatt Regency OC, has been meeting great people and having great coworkers.
productive and demanding
Security officer overnight (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA6 August 2015
not the easiest job in the world but i did learn allot defentely look at the world diffrently. was defenetly the most demanding jobs out there
Great Associates
Stewarding Supervisor/F&B Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA23 July 2014
Hyatt Corporation is a great company to work for! As a supervisor, as soon as you walk in, theirs always something new. 90% of the time your always on your feet from the beginning of the day till the end of your shift. I had the opportunity to learn many areas of the F&B division and it was great to have learned so much. Management is really encouraging and supportive. The best part of my job was putting smiles on kids and adults faces and make them feel welcome.
Pros
Free lunches, free parking
Cons
Lack of material
Serving guests their needs the way they want them to be served.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA2 July 2014
Different type of guests everyday that challenge us to be personalize in any way to exceed guests satisfaction.
Fun place to work always smiling
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove,CA28 March 2014
Always happy to come to work. Coworkers are fun to work with but get our work always done on time. Being supervisor is a big responsibility especially watching everyone but its an honor to be seen as a responsible leader.

54.2K