Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Green Bay, WI

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 8,933 reviews
Ok
Convention Services (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI29 January 2020
They have a good culture but do not have very flexible hours. Being in event set up, you are only scheduled during events. They cannot guarantee hours this way, so in my case, I had to get a second job which has a more set schedule.
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI19 August 2019
We were so understaffed that everyone was working 7 days a week about 10 hours a day. If you finished your rooms assigned, you had to go pick up someone else’s slack and finish there rooms too which isn’t fair at all. Got yelled at for not cleaning right but different people trained differently so there really shouldn’t be anything to get mad about. If they want certain things done a certain way, they should tech us it themselves rather than having an employee teach us there bad habits and short cut ways.
Fun workplace if you have friends
Event Setup Crew (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI12 August 2019
The job started great and I worked with a friend. Then the head boss cut our hours even though we were promised full time hours and ended up only getting 25 hours a week.
Productive, fun but stressful workplaec
Food and Beverage Attendant, Barista and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI11 June 2019
It was fun but at the same time tiring. As a person working in the service industry it was expected to be very tiring and therefore dedication and eagerness to learn is a must. My colleagues are very patient when it comes to training me but at the same very straight forward on what they think about you because of the culture differences. The hardest part of the job for me is when you have 2 shifts a day --- a server assistant in the morning and bartender or barista at night or vice versa. The most enjoyable part of my experience was seeing my guest smile and happy about the service and attention I gave to them. Every attendance in my work is a learning.
Pros
cheap food to eat for breaks
Cons
Long hours, straight shift sometime with no break
Poor management - Great Benefits
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI29 May 2019
The upper management doesn't provide a positive work experience. The middle management helps to keep things together but they take a lot of heat from the indecisive and mismanaged upper management. The stress trickles down to the employees as well.

The benefits are fantastic though. I miss them.
nice place to work.
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI14 April 2019
Most days are enjoyable. LC focuses on the wrong things which left me scratching my head. Seems like if you're not in a relationship with someone in management then you're on the outside looking in.
Pros
$1 meals and a relaxed (certain positions) work environment
Cons
Opinions aren't listened to if you're not in a leadership position.
Great company to work for
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI21 February 2019
Working at hyatt can be stressful some times, it's especially stressful when the department is short staffed, but once fully staffed it's a pretty awesome place to work for. Great benefits, paid vacations, free hyatt stays. The employees also make you feel like family. Can't let one bad apple ruin your experience there.
Pros
Great benefits, paid vacations
Good company
bartender and server (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI4 February 2019
If you're looking for a good place to start your career, or if you want to keep moving up in a position, or striving for relocation, this is a good place to do that
Pros
Free Hyatt stays
Cons
Can be routine
Ok job but can do better
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI24 October 2018
It was a fun job. A nice environment but very stressful. The tasks consist of constant moving up and down stairs. Jobs would not get done on time, due to the hotel not having enough laundry for the housekeepers to do their jobs. You would be rushed for jobs you were told about 5 min before you started. All around its a good job but they need more employees for the hotel jobs, to be ran correctly. The management team tries their hardest but sometimes they get just as fustrated as the housekeepers. But sometimes they can't control what they say, and HOW they say some things, to employees. It will come out harsh or disrespectful and the only time they apologize, is when someone has seen them be that way towards someone.
Pros
Benefits, Lunch everyday, Good people.
Cons
stress, More jobs to do than whats detailed.
Quick paced and busy
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI25 May 2018
I felt little payoff for the hard work. Also I was working 14 hour shifts with no break before I had even turned 18 and other teenagers would sometimes not be able to go home until after midnight on school nights.
Busy, productive banquest serving
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI22 February 2018
A typical day at The Hyatt is usaually always busy for a banquet server, Alot of pasting back and forth trying to get things set up and ready for the event for that day.
Pros
Got to eat food at the end.
Cons
Pay was not where i wanted it
Never Again
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI8 February 2018
I worked at Hyatt for 10 years and several different names and owners. Once Hyatt took over the place I loved to work at was no more. I dreaded going to work and you seemed like just a number there.
Odd hours, bad customers, worst employees
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI19 April 2017
This is a glorified motel disguised as a hotel. The cliental, especially during football season, are the worst. Expect to do other peoples jobs regardless of what department you are in, and work all sort of hours.
Pros
Cons
managment treats you like a pawn.
Fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI28 March 2017
Good people gokd benifits if you want a good job you can base your life around it would be this one the people are so nice and its one of the best hotels in the city
Pros
Good with anything you need to make you better
Cons
No cons amazing work place
Professional, fun workplace
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI13 November 2016
Typical day at work consists of a lot of teamwork and determination. It involves motivation and hard work to be able to get the job done. I personally love my co-workers, everyone is very friendly and understanding there. The hardest part of the job is being able to adapt to many different situations at last minute and ensuring the guests are satisfied. The most enjoyable part of working at the Hyatt is pretty much everything. From all of the pressure, to meeting new people, and just being around positive people and fast paced work environment. I've learned a lot over the years working there. Such as, new foods, different crafty experiences, great serving tips, managing your own team, patience, how to talk to different guests, and much more.
Pros
Buffet in lunch room, great captains, great managers
Cons
Business may cut breaks short, late nights, long hours
A lot of work had to be done
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI3 December 2015
A typical day at work was having a lot of rooms that had to be cleaned. What I learned at work was keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Management was nice in the morning but weary near the end of the day. Some of my co workers were nice and respectful but others were not. The hardest part of the job was having to do 15 rooms that were assigned, then having to help others with there rooms after a long day of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was when everyone was done with there rooms earlier then expected was got to go room right after you were done with your work.
Pros
The food made delicious
Cons
Having to stay late
Room for Advancement. Wal Mart Wages
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI15 June 2015
Will work around your school/life schedule. Willing to let individuals grow and move around in the company. Must have another job to work here. Wages are just not competitive. Guests make this a rewarding job.
Pros
$1 lunches.
Cons
Wages
Horrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, Wisconsin11 December 2012
It's management before guests, ALWAYS! But be sure to beg guests for 10’s (guest satisfaction) per mgmt. Do not speak unless spoken to. Your opinion does not count. Bad employee morale and high turnover.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management