Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Honolulu, HI

I’ve been working for this company for 21 years, I started as a housekeeper for 18 years at housekeeping. Then transfer to Front Desk. I love working for Hyatt hotel because we have good benefits.
Worst leadership group I have ever worked for. Most associates know and excel in their assigned duties. Recognition from most of the leadership group is purely "lip service". It was the first time in 44 years of employment history that I found I could not work with someone. A person with the responsibility for an entire department should have some moral compass.
It has been a long time ago ever since I worked on my own business working as a timeshare salesperson Culinary food instructor at UH at Manoa and presently I am retired and looking for a position as a food demonstrator.
I didn't work directly with Hyatt at this Hotel, Kokua Hospitality was managing this hotel and hired me. That is a different story, Kokua Hospitality is, so far, the worst company I ever worked for. Nothing to do with Hyatt Brand.
Be prepared to be overworked no matter what department you are in. Manager experience is low level with a high turnover rate. Majority of managers are flown in from the mainland. Why local people not wanting to be in management should be a red flag. All Departments are Union. Many employees have been working over 25 years and some departments are extremely juvenile despite adults working in the department. Loud and obnoxious.
Hyatt is a work environment that cares for their employees so that they can be their best for our guests. They provide benefits that allow their employees to be well cared for in and out of work. They also provide support within so that employees feel valued.
it was a good place to work for I did stay to long because I started to work for other resorts and they were full time jobs staff was good and management were great.
Pros
i dont really remenber but it was a good job
Cons
i didnt work their long enought to make real good friend.
Started as a dishwasher and through proving knowledge and had work reached Management. Had great people to learn from and learned a lot on how to interact with employees and Hotel customers.
Pros
Great work environment
The Hyatt working culture is probably the most appealing trait that this part of my career brought to me. Everyone that I worked with were people in which actually wanted to develop a relationship with you on a genuine level. However, the only downside to this position was the work and life balance. The managers in the operations section in the hospitality industry definitely are overworked.
Pros
Work Culture, Benefits, People
Cons
work and life balance
Good management training program. Tries to make things enjoyable. In middle management gets overworked. Every property is different. The people are nice for the most part.
Great place to work, all employees work well with one another. I would recommend this job for all entry level food and beverage workers. I hope you find this helpful!
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay
Employees are dedicated, committed, and hardworking. The most I liked about the job was making a difference. Holding managers and employees accountable and contributing to the bottom line.
while working at Centric, turnover were very high. Lack of experiemced maagers amd most of all GN and HR director need to educate themselves and their managers in communication and how to boost morale.
Pros
1 free meal
Cons
bad tasting meals
Very busy everyday big tour groups and high volume of government and business clientele.Not to make any mistakes and to work as a team to get the most done as quick as possible.Management a big plus really nice and helpful crew at the Hyatt,Awesome!Great culture Hardest daily duty is.getting an empty service elevator.Most enjoyable, meeting new people and seeing old friends.
Pros
free lunch/dinner, great crew to work with every department.Ocean front.
Cons
30 min.lunch, busy elevators
The owners willing to give chances to their employees to learn and move up. I starts as a hostess and move my way up as a manager. Great learning experience.
hyatt place is a franchise so not owned by hyatt. pay was ok but the management was horrible and the work load was way too much for the wage that we made.
A typical work day is busy with phone calls and dispatching Officers to Calls around the Hotel. Great place to work for with good benefits and the staff cares.
Pros
Free Lunches
Friendly staff and management became family working for this company! This company knows how to take care of their employees! I have nothing but great things to say working for the Hyatt Waikiki!
The Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa is a great place to work. My long time coworkers are like family to each other. Great benefits as well. My position was eliminated is my reason for leaving the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa.
Pros
Complimentary meals in the employee cafeteria with occasional themed lunches, organized off-property activities, employee travel benefits, great employee holiday parties, good healthcare benefits
Cons
Travel time from home (West Oahu) to Waikiki each day.
I really wish I still had my position for Hyatt, or if there was a Hyatt nearby so I could apply. A typical day at work was very enjoyable. I learned a lot from my supervisors. They just provided me with a good set of skills and some more values to live by. Strong management work-life sailed smooth. The hardest part of the job was keeping a good compare for the guests because if only they knew how the disaster process it was to get to the parking structure/park in the structure alone. Put a lot of unnecessary pressure on employees from guests and management. The most enjoyable part was the fact I was working for such a strong union at the time and simply working for the Hyatt corporation.
Pros
Great benefits, and great food!
Cons
Working graveyard/Seniority based
It was fun and always have good memories of this place, I would go back in a heart beat. the people are amazing and the food is delicious