Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 90 reviews matching the search See all 8,922 reviews
Only Benefits are good
Chef Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Downtown Houston15 February 2020
Not a good place to work at. Building is beyond old and outdated. Pay is awful. No one gets promoted in culinary. Fairness, empathy, and teamwork are non existent. Just horrible place to work if you want to grow and learn. If you just want a job to leave and go home and don’t mind being mistreated and underpaid for what you do then the job is perfect for you.
Horrible Management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX30 January 2020
Good place to work but management is horrible from the General manager to the housekeeping manager. They dont treat they employees right and the agm is rude.
The Housekeeper manager is wonderful
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX16 January 2020
Clean hotel . One of the cleanest hotels I ever work for. The manager at the time , she went over and beyond for her girls during hard times .. Salary could've been better , but the job itself was cool
Great Place amazing experience and growth
Hotel Communications Specialist Temp (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 December 2019
Family oriented amazing team and environment for enthusiasts and hospitality focus individuals. Endless possibilities and income potential. I would work there again
busy work environment lots of traffic in hotel lobby
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX14 November 2019
Without a doubt the busiest hotel i have ever worked at, I was in night audit and worked from 11 to 7:30 or sometimes late if needed. Conducted guest checkin check out united airlines and football teams
Stress full envoirment
COOK (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX25 October 2019
Current management makes the job stressful by lack of being around and lack of resolving work issues internal and external. Internal being employee issues and external like guest issues and complaints.
It was a good experience during my time as a high-school student
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX22 October 2019
During my time there i really enjoyed it and had fun with enough workers so you don't work a lot. Tips were good due to the fact it was a high class establishment.
Good energy for a work place.
Night Audit/ Host (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX25 September 2019
A normal day i would have to process all night audit reports, insure all due-out guest have been checked out. It is a great place to work and meet new friendly people traveling from all over.
Pros
Discounted hotel room and food from the menu
Cons
No career advancement
Fast paced environment
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX24 September 2019
You have to have tough skin to work in the hotel environment. You have to be a mult-tasker. I learned how to work under pressure. It is a great experience.
We are hard work all week some off day. That I like
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX16 September 2019
We work at housekeeping since be four month. That what I do with that. Help each other people do with that room anywhere look follow paper number room who have messy then go clean look good...
Productive and stressful place.
Outlets Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX29 August 2019
Very busy place to work with many duties to complete. Management extremely helpful with getting duties accomplished if needed. Very good open door policy for employees to express their thoughts. Room for growth.
V .good
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX22 August 2019
It was a good thing working at Hyatt hotel, everyone was happy with me ,but we had too worked on repairs, and we had too much problem with AC unit, painting, and doors replacement, and T.V issues
Cleaning and preparing room's
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX19 August 2019
Great hospitality industry very much very clean meet all walks if life certificate exciting I meet alot if ppl lots of events they gave their employees something to work for
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 August 2019
Teamwork great people to work with. Talking with the guests. Helping with guests needs and requests.Serving the guests with excellent food and beverages.
Productive,friendly hardworking employees..Mgmt suck at this location no loyalty for employees...
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX24 July 2019
You are hired for a specfic title but you do the work of 45 people which a salary is alotted for.aimbridge is actually who i worked for and my front office mgr forced me to walk out .Mental anquish,unecessary writeups most unwarrented.
Ready to complete all projects
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  425 north sam houston17 July 2019
Check work order, standup meet get first priority work assignments morning logs. Complete all assignments that's what I enjoy that's the end of the day being productive on a daily basis.
Good place
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 July 2019
Very calm AND welcoming love the surroundings..People are kind respectful you will love your stay at the Hyatt the food is great the prices for your stay AND room are unbeatable The Texans come to stay at the Hyatt all celeberties come to stay lovely company
Good staff
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX17 June 2019
The staff and management is good, you receive nice hours, and great service. I learned how to engage in more conversation with others and provide good customer service.
Workers Work
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX12 May 2019
Management doesnt help, but workers work hard and are very knowledgeable. been here many years, many different managers. new managers never talk to current workers about how things are done. they just come in and make new things trying to save money. but stressing the workers out and less efficient cause they dont do the labor part.
Pros
co workers
Cons
no help
Great job bad management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX10 March 2019
I dedicated myself to my position but was never appreciated where others were I worked 80 hours a week because management would always allow staff to call off or all request off we're approved for other staff regardless of how busy the hotel was.i had to complete task required for a higher position but yet when the position was available I was instantly turned down but was still required to to complete these tasks to prove I wanted to keep my current position.it seemed like a very unfair system which was a big disappointment because the position had many appealing qualities.
Pros
Discounts.pto.wide variety clientele
Cons
Poor management unappreciative.ask alot

54.2K