Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Lahaina, HI

Lahaina, HI19 reviews
It’s a good company to work for and they take really good care of their employees. The only part that’s hard is when your new, sometimes you don’t have hours or get on-call during slow season.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Limited hours when new, sometimes on-call
I was seasonal P/T and very much enjoyed the work, location, and co-workers. I tried for 3 years to get a Full Time position but could not.
So I moved on.
Great environment of work.
Best part of working there is seeing guest smile when they receive their food.

I learned a lot during my time there about japanese food and asian cuisines.
Work is very fun and everyone is great. Mangers are very nice and they rock. The atmosphere is awesome. Best part of the day is working with a great crew
Alothugh ive been a casual from my starting time there and I don’t receive vacay benefits or sick time or anything I still very much love being there there is a lot of opportunities and job growth with Hyatt and room discounts are a bonus as well!
Pros
Opportunity
Beautiful environment, fun, fast paced. Living wage, good coworkers, responsive management. Opportunities for upward mobility. Excellent benefits. ed
We work to give our best to make sure that all the piblic bad rooms are ready and clean for them for the day and also the Kickens and the bars to clean as well.
Pros
We provide our own lunch
Cons
30 minutes
It’s like your own team fights you if your not to their likeing or fast enough and in the end it’s every man for himself it felt like, and when something goes wrong don’t except to find out for days!
Pros
Free lunches for 2$
Cons
Stress for days
Employees become family. A team of family gets the job done by any means necessary. Working together is the best quality to have a successful working day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not always fresh lunch
A typical day at work was supporting seven Leisure Sales Manager in the state and three Business Development Managers in the Mainland. This job was a new experience for me and it taught me a lot about the Wholesale business side of the hotel. My first Manager had good work ethics and taught me all I know, also she was very hands on. My second Manager was not very hands on. The hardest part of the job was supporting so many people both internally and externally. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I worked and interacted with.
Pros
N/a
• Serve as owner and Executive Chef at Mountain Island Catering, delivering comprehensive culinary services for special events and high-value individuals.
• Recognized for innovative cuisine and client satisfaction regarding product and customer service in private capacities as well as at fine dining restaurants and resorts, including properties across Maui, Kauai, and Vail Valley Colorado.
Great staff and work experience with good benefits. They appreciate all employees and respect them as individuals. Would recommend friends and family to work here.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Subpar lunch food
Worked for company for over 20 years and had many opportunities for advancement. Good benefits, medical, retirement, vacation, pay increase. Always had the necessary tools, supplies and equipment to be able to do our jobs effectively.
Pros
free lunches, employee room discounts, family oriented
Cons
turnover in upper management made work sometimes challenging.
A typical day at work would be a fun energetic environment that is face paced and something that teaches us all something new everyday. I learn something new everyday but what I have learned so far is to always have fun while keeping it professional, making sure guests need are all met they are what make us the great place that we are. My co-workers are amazing everyone always has a smile and saying hello and goodbye. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming in I love to go into work its always something new and my coworkers are so much fun to be around its like home away from home.
Pros
Cons
Causal postion doesnt have all benfits
My time with this company flew by! Management styles were always changing, it was very challenging to keep up. Had a wonderful time. I learned so much about how a big corporation works, what their priorities are, a crystal clear understanding of how NOT run a business, and how the bottom line is actually a bottomless pit.
Pros
Health Ins.
Cons
You have to sell your soul to the devil
Need to check every thing from hemicals to room supplies,learned how to deal with employees with diferent nationalities and culture, management are always there to help when needed, need to understand co worker's frustrations, hardest part of the job is how to deal with guest complaints,but the rewarding part of the job is when you hear commendations from guest and management
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks
Great experience in very prestigious environment. Well respected company made it easy to take pride in work. Sense of team work throughout event.
Pros
Committed and capable co-workers
Cons
I was a front office agent at one of the busiest Hotels anywhere. Please see resume
set up telescopes on the roof of the hyatt and do four to five shows per night for hotel guests.
great job, fun place to work