Hyatt Employee Reviews in Lahaina, HI

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 8,761 reviews
Fun place to be everyone is family
Banquet Porter (Current Employee) –  Lahaina, HI23 June 2019
Work is very fun and everyone is great. Mangers are very nice and they rock. The atmosphere is awesome. Best part of the day is working with a great crew
I love working with Hyatt
Server (Current Employee) –  Lahaina, HI25 January 2019
Alothugh ive been a casual from my starting time there and I don’t receive vacay benefits or sick time or anything I still very much love being there there is a lot of opportunities and job growth with Hyatt and room discounts are a bonus as well!
Pros
Opportunity
Fast Paced, fun
Valet (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI28 November 2018
Beautiful environment, fun, fast paced. Living wage, good coworkers, responsive management. Opportunities for upward mobility. Excellent benefits. ed
Fantastic and fun working there
Public Area Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lahaina, HI23 November 2018
We work to give our best to make sure that all the piblic bad rooms are ready and clean for them for the day and also the Kickens and the bars to clean as well.
Pros
We provide our own lunch
Cons
30 minutes
Magengement just doesn’t have your back
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI14 August 2018
It’s like your own team fights you if your not to their likeing or fast enough and in the end it’s every man for himself it felt like, and when something goes wrong don’t except to find out for days!
Pros
Free lunches for 2$
Cons
Stress for days
Positive work environment
Recreation attendant (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI17 September 2017
Employees become family. A team of family gets the job done by any means necessary. Working together is the best quality to have a successful working day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not always fresh lunch
A day in the life of a Sales Coordinator
Sales Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI26 August 2017
A typical day at work was supporting seven Leisure Sales Manager in the state and three Business Development Managers in the Mainland. This job was a new experience for me and it taught me a lot about the Wholesale business side of the hotel. My first Manager had good work ethics and taught me all I know, also she was very hands on. My second Manager was not very hands on. The hardest part of the job was supporting so many people both internally and externally. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I worked and interacted with.
Pros
N/a
great location
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI14 June 2017
• Serve as owner and Executive Chef at Mountain Island Catering, delivering comprehensive culinary services for special events and high-value individuals.
• Recognized for innovative cuisine and client satisfaction regarding product and customer service in private capacities as well as at fine dining restaurants and resorts, including properties across Maui, Kauai, and Vail Valley Colorado.
Great workplace environment
Storeroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lahaina, HI25 January 2017
Great staff and work experience with good benefits. They appreciate all employees and respect them as individuals. Would recommend friends and family to work here.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Subpar lunch food
Great company to work for
Sales System Administrator/Web Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI25 December 2015
Worked for company for over 20 years and had many opportunities for advancement. Good benefits, medical, retirement, vacation, pay increase. Always had the necessary tools, supplies and equipment to be able to do our jobs effectively.
Pros
free lunches, employee room discounts, family oriented
Cons
turnover in upper management made work sometimes challenging.
I love coming to work everyday
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Lahaina, HI16 May 2015
A typical day at work would be a fun energetic environment that is face paced and something that teaches us all something new everyday. I learn something new everyday but what I have learned so far is to always have fun while keeping it professional, making sure guests need are all met they are what make us the great place that we are. My co-workers are amazing everyone always has a smile and saying hello and goodbye. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming in I love to go into work its always something new and my coworkers are so much fun to be around its like home away from home.
Pros
Cons
Causal postion doesnt have all benfits
Highly competitive work environment with a beautiful view of the ocean to make up for it.
Principal Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI24 April 2014
My time with this company flew by! Management styles were always changing, it was very challenging to keep up. Had a wonderful time. I learned so much about how a big corporation works, what their priorities are, a crystal clear understanding of how NOT run a business, and how the bottom line is actually a bottomless pit.
Pros
Health Ins.
Cons
You have to sell your soul to the devil
A nice place to work
supervisor for the laundry department (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI16 March 2014
Need to check every thing from hemicals to room supplies,learned how to deal with employees with diferent nationalities and culture, management are always there to help when needed, need to understand co worker's frustrations, hardest part of the job is how to deal with guest complaints,but the rewarding part of the job is when you hear commendations from guest and management
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks
Highly satisfying work environment
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI23 September 2013
Great experience in very prestigious environment. Well respected company made it easy to take pride in work. Sense of team work throughout event.
Pros
Committed and capable co-workers
Hyatt Regency Maui....a great experience
FRONT OFFICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HI12 July 2013
I was a front office agent at one of the busiest Hotels anywhere. Please see resume
great work place
entertainer (Former Employee) –  Lahaina Maui8 February 2013
set up telescopes on the roof of the hyatt and do four to five shows per night for hotel guests.
great job, fun place to work