Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Marion, IL

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 8,917 reviews
Great Environment
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL13 January 2020
I really enjoyed my time here. The managers work hard to create an enjoyable work environment. The pay is better than a lot of places in the area. Good benefit package and opportunities to travel.
A revolving door of company branding and staff.
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL10 January 2020
Hyatt is a toxic work environment where you are not valued. Putrid. Everyone who works there is constantly looking for another job because everyone is made miserable.
Great people to work with, stressful job
LOYALTY PROGRAM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL11 September 2019
The management team, and coworkers were great at this company. The benefits were also great, very competitive pay, great insurance plans, discounts at Hyatt brand hotels, pto. Only cons are the actual job, it’s a call center that frequently has back to back calls so an 8hr or 10hr shift of back to back calls where a good percentage of them were customer service related rather than sales, meaning quite a few very angry customer calls in a day. Also they set some occasionally hard to meet sales goals to meet. That if not let cam lead to disciplinary action.
Decent pay, little opportunity
Guest Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL21 February 2019
I worked for Hyatt for nearly three years, the last two of those were spent working from home as a remote agent. I will admit that they have a wonderful benefits package and they are very generous with their starting wage, (granted their starting pay is $3 higher than my starting pay from three years ago.) and with their PTO. However, I do not feel that these benefits outweigh the demands on their associates. Mandatory overtime, sometimes with as little as a 24 hour notice, were exhausting and made balancing home life difficult. Another factor to take into account was that the required overtime hours needed to be scheduled outside of your normal shift according to business needs. There were many times my normal schedule would be Sunday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm and the only available overtime I could pick up would be from 10:00pm-2:00am Sunday-Thursday, which left little time for a regular sleep schedule. During my employment the mandatory overtime continued for over 12 months consistently with similar requirements. A primarily sedentary job combined with a very unhealthy schedule (especially someone with insomnia like myself) lead to severe depression. Bottom line, this job is not worth it. There are better jobs out there and you are worth better.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, overtime requirements, poor work life balance
Reservation agent
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL14 January 2019
I took incoming calls for information on Hyatt hotels and made reservations.
Provided customer service. We had a call script and had to push for a sale.
Pros
Free coffee and soda
Cons
Too stressful. Team leaders wanted you to be pushy.
Very Fast Paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL16 November 2018
Working with all sorts of people and limitations as well as emotions, this is a very fast paced, emotionally draining job. The hours will fly by, you will be able to help people and you will be in charge of diffusing stressful situations. Both rewarding and lacking in equal parts, this is a good starting job for many people with little advancement.
Pros
free 2 night stays, paid time off.
Cons
So much mandatory overtime I couldn't tell if I was awake or asleep.
It was a long time ago
Instructor John A. Logan College in History (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL10 August 2018
This is only my attempt to insert the required number of characters. There is nothing I truly remember about a job I held this long ago. I wonder if this matters?
Call Center
Loyalty Program Associate/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL24 July 2018
Hyatt was good as far call centers go. The people were nice enough, but there was a ton of employee turn over. The benefits were expensive for a family.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
management
Good Employer but Poor Work/Life Balance
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL18 June 2018
Overtime was mandatory and schedule was rigid and fixed. Working holidays is required, although you can choose which holidays you work. (Your preference is not guaranteed). Requested my holiday shifts months in advance but was given extremely undesirable shifts on those holidays. While it was possible to get time off for family events and doctors appointments, the process was complicated and poorly explained. So many steps were required that it deterred employees from requesting time off. Compensation was decent but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with a family (Unless you don't care if you ever see them).
relaxed work environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL14 June 2018
relaxed work environment, stressful, fast paced on the phones. You clock in when you are suppose to. only have 2 scheduled breaks and 1 lunch. if you need to use the bathroom outside of those schedules it goes against you. when you were not on the phones it was relaxed.
Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marion, IL9 March 2018
Great place to work for. Set schedule that you pick after you're hired on. Personal cubical. Managers are very helpful in your growth through the job.
If you're good at sales, you'll love this job
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL23 January 2018
It was a very stressful place to work with lots of sales quotas and micromanaging. They offer a lot of benefits and extras like free hotel stays and a gym. I worked from home so I didn't interact with my coworkers a lot but management was extremely helpful
Pros
Free stuff, work from home, great bennifits
Cons
Long hours, mandatory overtime, demanding sales quotas
Fast Paced competitive yet fun and relaxed work environment.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL6 November 2017
Sign into your computer, clock in. Log into necessary programs. Make sure you do not have a scheduled individual or team meeting. Then Put your headset on ans log into your phone and let the calls start coming and book those hotel rooms, and assist as much as you can within your job title/ department.
How to use several different computer programs the company used. Also that they are willing to help in anyway they can to get your schedule where it needs to be and the team leaders will do everything they can to get your stats up by teaching you a different way to do or handle something or help you have a better understanding of what you need to know.
Workplace Culture was VERY fun and relaxed.
Having a bad day and having to talk to hundreds of people on the phone.
Learning that on those bad days your peers, team leaders evn management will do anything thry can to help[ you have a better attitude. Even guests themselves can turn your day around completely.
Pros
Great growth potential if you put in the effort. Meaning raises, overtime, offers of higher positions and pay raises.
Cons
That I let go of this job ever!
Productive, fun, and professional workplace
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Marion, IL17 September 2017
Awesome Company that really looks after their employees. The environment is friendly, bright and educational. This company gives you multiple options to advance in not only one department, but many others and all of the right tools to do so.
Pros
Free Lunches and Events with food
Stressful
GUEST CARE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Marion, IL27 July 2017
A call-center environment in reservations, with an abundance of confrontational interactions with guests. A good company overall but reservations was not a good job for me.
Pros
Great benefits, plenty of advancement opportunities.
Cons
Short breaks, timed in activities to the tenth of a second.
they tried to fire me for being a nice person
gold passport guest services associate (Current Employee) –  Marion, IL15 April 2017
in this company the management wanted me to be blunt with people and have little to say to them when they asked a question of any sort and when I would be nice and answer the question to not sound like a jerk I got into trouble
Production driven environment- made FUN by incentives
Reservation/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marion, IL8 December 2016
You earn an hourly rate and your production can add up to great bonus' on any given day. Additionally, there are often cash incentives!

Generally there's overtime and opportunities to change shifts as needed.
Pros
freedom to work from home
Cons
Awesome company to work for
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL5 November 2016
Hyatt is an awesome company to work for with competitive wages and benefits. Hours are flexible, lots of available overtime. Managers are great! Family oriented. Always acknowledging good work ethics, and jobs well done.
Decent paycheck for a rather stressful job
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, IL20 July 2016
I worked as a Guest Services Associate for a year.

Pros:
-Great starting pay for the area I lived, you got a raise about every 1000 hrs worked and they ran contests monthly for bonuses in the form or gift cards.
-Hyatt takes amazing care of their employees, going so far as to win awards as one of the best companies to work for.
-And the BEST part about working their; 12 free nights at a Hyatt a year + heavy discounts on rooms/dining/etc

Con's:
-Its a call center which inherently has a bad reputation for high stress. You're dealing mostly with people who cannot use the computer to do what they need to do and people can be quite rude.
-This is a SALES job and comes with monthly quotas you must hit, if you fail too after several times, you will be terminated. If you're following your training the quotas are not difficult to hit, but a lot of people I started with were caught off guard in training.
-Heath Insurance benefits are rather expensive.
-Management is competent but VERY cliquey.

Overall not a bad place to work at all, I was just not one for the call center environment and it ate me alive.

3.8/5
Pros
Good pay, great coworkers, and free/heavily discounted hotel rooms
Cons
Stress, Constant time monitoring, cliquey management
Really great benefits
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Marion, IL2 March 2016
The amount of mandatory overtime, the paychecks are great, but kills any life outside of work. The pay is decent, but the benefits are amazing!

54.2K