Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Minneapolis, MN

Minneapolis, MN47 reviews
Honestly, this has been the best company I have ever worked for. I have the opportunity to be a part of something bigger than myself. There are clubs / networking events for LGBT, women, people of color, elders, etc.
I learned teamwork is what gets jobs done paying attention to everything and everyone is a eye opening exercises that will drive you to want to do better
As a long term employee I helped institute procedures for the store. I am the trainer and the organizer. I feel I have a very good sense of humor and really enjoy working with the public. Since I have been working there for the last 16 years I know I need to find other employment. The position I hold is still very exciting and it holds respect from others.
Working at the Hyatt Regency was a fun experience. People from all over the world come there and I got to meet folks from every continent. The events held here are numerous and varied so it's rarely boring. I highly recommend this employer. The hotel is stunningly beautiful as well.
I worked the front desk for the Hyatt in my early 20's. I enjoyed the work and meeting guests from all over the world. The people I worked with were the most fun and many are still my friends.
Pros
Great place to work as a young adult.
Cons
Not sure
It was a great atmosphere to work in. Lots of different types of people with multiple different positions. I enjoyed my time working here, just wish they had more advancement.
The Hyatt provided their staff with generous pay and benefits. Management was always on site for any guest concerns or employee questions. Staff always took care of each other, it felt like family.
This was the best job I ever had the Management the staff were the best you could have. The work place culture the best. Would have never left if my job was not eliminated.
Pros
Cons
Elimination reoganization of department
Its a great place to work, and the home life and work life is well balanced. Still work here, just waiting for the right position to come by. I like the management
I've worked for several hotel chains in my many years working in the industry and Hyatt took relatively good care of me. My personal manager was a horrible human being and was having an affair with the head of security whom she oversaw. Aside from that... I enjoyed my team and fellow coworkers.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
Work Life Balance
It is a fun place to work at. Most of my friends are Hyatt Employees. Upper management is mostly kind and wish you to succeed. You are expected to work long hours (14 hours most days)
Pros
Free lunch, comp employee nights
Cons
Paying for parking
I enjoyed working for the Hyatt and my coworkers were fun to work with. However the pay was an absolute joke. Nobody can live on the hourly wage they gave me.
Pros
Great Environment!
Cons
Low Pay!
The hotels with hyatt that I have training are always busy which it challenging and it's good. Learned a lot of things specially with my workmates learned different cultures. Hardest part of the job is when it's slow season and you've got nothing much to do.
Shadowing at the hyatt hotel was a one day experience but it is a job i would love to do. Cleaning up after people is something i enjoy. Meeting new people is something i enjoy doing.
Check ins always busy lots of turn down service. Processing paperwork making reservations. Setting up VIP files on arriving guest. Meeting with other department heads to better serve guests.
In the four years that I have worked with Hyatt, I have always been respected and felt like a part of the family. The work can be grueling at times - customer care is a war that can never be won - but I always go home smiling because of the camaraderie and teamwork that my staff works so hard to maintain.

Hospitality is often toted as a cut-throat industry with high turnover rates for employees. The latter may be true, but I have made friendships here that I expect to last a lifetime.
Pros
Dedicated Staff, Fulfilling Work, Free Hotel Night Redemption
Cons
Redundant
I learned a lot about working in a corporate environment at Hyatt. I was successful in maintaining professionalism in a high-volume customer service environment. Among all of the restaurants I have worked for, I miss this job the most.
Pros
I worked with one of the best managers I've ever met here.
Cons
Lack of support staff.
my work experience here was great, the employees are only treated as perfect human beings! i would be over excited if i had the privilege to be a housekeeper for the hyatt again.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
I'm unable to review this Job/company at this time. I was a front desk agent in charge of checking guests in and out of the Hotel. Making new reservations for guests was also a task I did.
Cons
Paid Parking
Very friendly and helpful staff. They went above and beyond in mentoring me for a future role in food preparation. I had opportunities to work independently and as part of a team.
Hyatt is a great place to work with. Their benefits and discounts for full time employees who have worked there for over a year is amazing. The management need more improvement and better communication with their employees.
Cons
Seniority rules over everyone
4.4K