Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Monterey, CA

It's a really good company but the management dost know too much abot the industry of food and thats why is so hard to work whit people who dosnt know what they doing
good job to work at. I always made good tips there, my coworkers were easy to get along with. The only thing is that they are a union job so the draw back is the the schedule was based on seniority even though you are faster and better, you won't get the good shift just cause someone started the job 2days before you.
My all time favorite place to work. We put out some crazy amounts of food all the time, yes it was stressful but we all had a good time doing it! Even on the 12 hour days! Great Chefs!
Hyatt is one of the best places I have ever worked. They are extremely professional, detailed oriented, fun, and work as a team. The captains run the banquet department as they generally run the events after the manager leaves. As a team, we share duties, responsibilities, and respect for one another. Also, discount benefits makes it a joy to work at. During holidays, they throw amazing parties for our children for Christmas. Totally miss the Hyatt!!
Good place to learn volume cooking, and how to deal with union employees. Good compensation for 45 hr work weeks, but seldom work that. Employee pool for the peninsula was low so hard to fill empty slots. General manager knew his stuff, and backed us up, and helped where he could. Good experience, and met some good people, but don't miss the job.
I have been with Hyatt for 10 years and now they sold the property to franchises and its been going downhill. it's not the best time to be with that company.
Pros
Free Health benifit
Cons
Hiring on Call instead of regular staff.
I was a good place to work, I enjoyed the team I was part of. I am not a big fan of working in an union environment .I felt that the benefits were great and the time off was
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Union property
I have now worked for two different Regencys and I have to say I just love this company! The benefits are great, the management is awesome and all my coworkers have always been super helpful and team oriented
I enjoyed working at the Hyatt. It is family oriented and they care about their employees. Long hours but it comes with the business. I miss working there.
Worked for 14 years and didn't feel like I was paid properly but enjoyed my job.My fellow employees were good and provided great team work to get the specific task
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Overall it was a good experience and the staff were great. People were very encouraging of each other, open to listening and working on any challenges that may have come up.
Exceptional service and great perks for working with a company such as Hyatt. Hyatt has a great culture of networking between properties around the world.
Great company! Always treated their staff very well and created a fun work environment. Always looking to advance their staff to the next level and worked on empowering all members to strive for success.
I enjoyed my time with the Hyatt. I was sad to be leaving prematurely but we moved unexpectedly. I would recommend this place of employment to anyone.
I was a cook for a bit then when it was warm they opened the pool bar and I was the attendant. I loved working out at the pool. Meet some wonderful people. Co-workers were really nice too!
Pros
The people
Cons
Good place to work as a hourly employee(union) but the manager around you are supportive and helpful. The Hyatt family is a good one to be in.
Pros
Managers
Cons
staff are hard to work with
Great family enviroment, and customer service is key! Busy enviroment with great benefits. Hyatt is all about their employees and making them feel at home.
Hyatt has always had my back and helped me to succeed in my multiple positions
Was a great enviroment to work in. Nice people and surroundings
Pros
free lunch, 3 breaks, nice enviroment
Cons
to many managers
Check In the guest left from Pm ShiftPrep reports for audit/ Audit ReportsBrief Supervisor eveings and morningsStaying up all night healthlyHaving set days off
Pros
breakfast or dinner, free and discount nights
Cons
lossing senroity giving up shift