Hyatt Employee Reviews in Newport Beach, CA

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 8,756 reviews
Horrible
Server/Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA4 December 2019
Horrible place to work at in Newport Beach it will s a franchise ran Hyatt near airport and the owners keep all the gratuity for the banquet servers and pay them minimum wage 🤬horrible peopl
Positive work enviroment
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA15 May 2018
The atmosphere was positive and well managed. There was always something new every day with the guest and it did provide a great learning environment.
Pros
Free meals
Excellent Company to Work for and Grow
Server (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA19 April 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the Hyatt Regency. It was an excellent experience and allowed me to work in multiple departments throughout the company. It also gave me the knowledge firsthand of the hotel industry.
Front office host (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA25 March 2018
There is a positive experience for ever person. This is a great company to work for, its just a matter of finding your fit and a property which works for you.
great enviornment, but mismanaged
Barback/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA21 January 2018
I started out here on the low rung of the totem pole, and now four years later i have yet to recive an oppurtunity to advance, no matter how much work i put in or how much management "appreciates" the extra hours i put in. advancement is not possible when all the management is switched out every couple of months or so.
Pros
free lunch, full benefits, high volume and traffic
Cons
mismanaged, frequent under and overstaffing
massage therapist
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA11 May 2017
I mostly did massages I don't think I learnt anything new the hardest part off the day was doing deep tissues massage. Unfortunately the spa wasn't very noticeable Since it wasn't in the main building.
Pros
being contractor
small facility
Esthetician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA11 May 2017
It was a very small business. I was happy to play dual as a receptionist and an esthetician. Made it feel warm and cozy and personable. may be under new management at this time. While I was on property went through different ownership
Pros
small
Cons
hard to build business
Caring company
Front desk (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA10 November 2016
Hyatt is a great place to work, from associates to corporate management. Great communication throughout the company as well as incredible training and rapid advancement opportunities. Management always has an open door policy to discuss any issues. The company motto we care for people so they can be their best extends not only to guests but to employees as well.
Pros
fun place to work, meals provided, commission opportunities, good benefit structure, good benefits, i.e. free hotel stays
Good Benefits
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA25 July 2016
Benefits are great, discounts are great, and Hyatt owners do a lot of charity work. Newport Beach location managers should listen to employees more.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Managment
Coworkers
Valet and Doorman (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA20 February 2015
Coworkers are friendly and supportive. Management communicated well with workers, and the job experience was enjoyable.
A Great Environment, for some
FOOD & BEVERAGE OUTLETS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA14 February 2015
Hyatt can be a great company and they will work you very hard. Some department heads are fantastic and some aren't. Hopefully you get lucky.
great place to work
Steward (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach CA16 December 2013
we would start our day by washing dishes after the dishes had been washed you would go around and assist in the kitchen area if needed my boss as one of the nicest guys around the hardest part of the jobs was getting used to the work hours.