Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Oak Brook, IL

The Hyatt was a great place to work . I really enjoyed not only my coworkers but managers too ! A lot of diversity . I was able to be myself even in uniform.
They can do better with pay. GM plays small role besides giving orders. They need to be train better to interact with staff more effectively. Hiring practices are amateur.
Great company to work for with good benefits. Excellent management! Very happy and stress free working environment. It's fun to be with all of my co workers.
Pros
Free food and discounted rooms
Hyatt Oakbrook was my first hotel experience and they allowed me to grow and develop as a young manager. When it was my time to move on and expand my horizons, they encouraged and helped me to get to that next step.
Great company to work for. You're a name not a number. Plenty of room for advancement. Hyatt takes time to train all managers and employees to collectively achieve their goal. The health and retirement benefits are very competitive, and discounted rooms at most Hyatt Hotels is a definite plus.
Pros
Health and Retirement benefits. Free or Discounted stays at Hyatt Hotels
Cons
As in all food and beverage positions- the hours can be a little much.
When they hired you you’re not working in one position that you applied if you’re hired in the front desk you need to work in the kitchen too like dishwashing,busser & preparing food for guest orders the general manager keep walking around checking if you’re doing your job that to make sure not just standing around
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No communication
Because this Midtown is located in a hotel, it is much smaller than a typical gym and usually only requires one employee on shift at a time. However, at times it can get too busy for just one person and requires frequent multitasking. This is a good job to gain experience in customer service.
I learned the bulk of my skills, regarding true guest accommodation and guest satisfaction, while working for Hyatt. I acquired new skills in my overall maintenance of my station for a guest, whether the guest were a bar patron or not.
I worked for Hyatt for nine years three different locations in the Chicagoland area all in customer service front desk driver concierge. I enjoyed the job I came from an airline background as a flight attendant for 22 years and was able to bring my talents to Hyatt and noticed that there was still things to learn unfortunately I had to leave Hyatt to take care of a family member full-time My Hope Is that when the need arises to come back to the workforce I will again come back to Hyatt!
Love everything about it.The people, the work atmosphere, and the professionalism. It provides a friendly environment that makes you want to come to work everyday.
This was my first job out of college and I couldn't have been happier. I've learned a lot about the industry in this role and have grown to love it. Most people will start off at one property and then move onto another one. Everyone that works at this property is so kind and always willing to go out of their way to help each other. In the sales and catering department it can become a bit competitive, however, that's not unheard of at any other hotel company. Overall, it's a great place!
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Some slow days where there wasn't enough work to do
Provided Technical Support Operations/Communications Online Reservations for 72 Hotels Nationally, 45 Worldwide, and Omaha Reservation Center.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
long hours at times
It is a great company to work for, have been here for about 8 years. There is pleasant people around you always to work with, makes your day go faster.
Pros
Free lunch and free parking
Cons
too far from my house
A great place to learn and work. Very outgoing staff who believs in teamwork.
Pros
Benefits, Cross Training, People
Very busy hotel in Lombard area.I already come from full sevice hotel with 1100 room so there is not a lot learning experiance including mechanical part of job.Managment was good and respectEmployes.Co-workers was friendly and was plesure working with.Most enjoyable part is talking and helping guest and resolving their complains.
Pros
good shift
Cons
driving van in morning
Hyatt has always had a professional staff that puts the needs of the guest of the hotel first. My experiences have been no less than exceptional. Management takes care of the staff and makes sure we are properly prepped for events.The most enjoyable part of a job is working with the people that I get to work with. They are professional and yet they are like family. We assist each other and help each other progress towards a better future.
Pros
free lunch, hotel benefits