Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Found 149 reviews matching the search See all 8,909 reviews
wish I could get my time back
host/bartender/cook/housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL10 February 2020
job requires you to check them in, bartend, cook, send guests housekeeping supplies upstairs. maintain nearly everything while the managers leave at 5pm and you stay till 11pm . It was too much work for mediocre compensation. Also the managers were sexiest towards men and had the guys do most of the stressful tasks while the girls just laid back it was 4/1 boy/ girl ratio too and the managers were all female so there was no avoiding that. its not all Hyatts that operate like this though it was just the Hyatt place in Orlando due to lazy and pispoor management. guests were always mad at the age of the hotel and location and everything else under sun and you were obligated to resolve the situation while still having several tasks at hand and staff was ALWAYS severely understaffed. employees typically start and disappear after a week or 2. I saw many come and go. Do not waste your time working here I rather kick rocks
Pros
free mediocre food
Cons
barely any breaks, basically do managers tasks for them while you're severely underpaid
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL30 January 2020
I like doing housekeeping but Hyatt did not pay right and the gm was there she did not no what she was doing at all..,................................
Great Company
Senior Event Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL23 January 2020
My overall experience was exceptionally great. Management supports you, company has great values, benefits compensation is competitive and with hotel perks.
Its a job
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL6 January 2020
Hours vary by the outlet in which you work, as doors your pay. Guests will always come first in the hospitality industry, so if you're a "people person" you'll be great.
Great place to work in banquets on call basis
Banquet Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, Regency3 January 2020
My position is on call so job security does not apply. My schedule is on availability with other hotels I work for and the hotels loyalty to me with making shifts available early. As I am basically a self contractor in my position....loyalty is based on pay and my status on when I am contacted for job opportunities.
Hyatt really does all that they can to help and employee be the best person that they can.
Cook 3 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL1 January 2020
I had personal issues and they did all that they could to extend the hand of Hyatt to me and for that my family and I are very grateful.
I am very proud to be a part of the Hyatt family.o
Love the company
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL10 December 2019
Great company to work for,lots of benefits,space to move up,can stay free at other Hyatt's. Great working atmosphere,like a big family,everyone seems to love their jobs.
I’ve literally never worked in such an unprofessional environment
host (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL30 November 2019
Imagine being disrespected to your face daily, imagine having your job threatened by management over lies by lazy employees who don’t even value the job, imagine them changing your work uniform from a professional suit to a low cut short wrap dress and them telling you they don’t care you don’t feel comfortable showing your chest or wearing a dress this short and them shrugging they shoulders and saying the uniforms the uniform, imagine your HR painting you out to be the issue because that’s what it’s like to work for this Hyatt years of disrespect and no value
So poor management
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL6 October 2019
Management responds only to complaints from guests, and it doesn’t matter if you was talking about the same problem 2 months, but if guest says about the same problem they can fix in the same day. No respect from management, a lot of lies, nobody communicate with each other (one supervisor can tell you one information, after 5 minutes another supervisor tell you different information,
Great Benefits
Wedding Specialist and Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL1 October 2019
Benefits are really great. Pay could be higher especially as it's known that Hyatt doesn't pay as much as other companies. Corporate is pushing less employees meaning higher workload and responsibilities for one person without being compensated.
Pros
Free or cheap lunches, great benefits
Cons
lack of movement, lack of value in employees
very busy restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL21 August 2019
Breakfast restaurant is the busiest restaurant on property, its a sit down full menu and service restaurant. Co workers are very helpful as well as management, from the gm of the hotel and down.
Management doesn't care for all employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL20 August 2019
Management discriminate against certain people. Had an accident at work and no manager called me to see how I was doing and on top of that, they fired me while still under the Doctor care
Great place to work !
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL10 July 2019
A very enjoyable place to work, with some great perks as well. My only complaint would be gettin paid every two weeks, other than that, I don’t have anything bad to say. Great company to work for !
Great Learning
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL5 July 2019
Wonderful company to work for with great benefits, advancement opportunities, and work life balance. Would recommend this company to people searching for new work.
Terrible stressful workplace. Culture non existent.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL1 July 2019
This place was terrible to say the least. The management sits down all day and expect everyone else to work the butts off. We never had linen so we were literally waiting for vacant rooms so we can use the linen for new arrivals. They put the hammer down on black employees you have no room for mistake and the pay is years behind. I started at 11 and some change every where else 13. This place is a joke and the funny thing about it I was fired when I would’ve gave my left butt cheek to quit.
A room to rest a little bit w
Food runner, bar back, Banquet Set Up (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL12 June 2019
I learned lots of things in this company but work here is also very stressful, the managers and corporate does not help you to grow up and that is one of the reasons why i want to leave
Great . we learn something new everyday base on the volume.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL12 June 2019
As a hotel team work is a must. The most inportion thing is producing quality work for our guest.We had a daily meeting of how the week will go.some client has diffent needs.
Pros
chef
Cons
dish
Productive and fun work environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL21 May 2019
A great place to work. Plenty of opportunity and chance for growth. Everyone in the company is extremely nice and personable. It is understandable why people work here for years.
Great Front Desk Staff
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL19 May 2019
Fast paced environment stressful at times but overall great front desk staff that provided a exciting experience. Learned a lot about organization and efficiency in the position
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Stressful Environment
Excelente
Mozo de almacén (Former Employee) –  ORLANDO14 May 2019
Excelente experiencia aunque a muchos no les gustara el trato no fue mi caso. Quedo agradecido por la oportunidad.
Pros
Seguro medico privado valor humano indispensable en la empresa
Cons
Ninguna

54.2K