Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Work-life balanceMinimum 50 hours a week for managersPay & benefitsGreat pay. Minimum for the hotel was about $15 an hourJob security and advancementAmazing growth and development. Went from front desk agent to supervisor to manager all within 3 years.CultureSuper fast paced but if you are good at customer service then you will go far!OverallI loved Hyatt and I would have been there forever if I hadn’t gotten laid off from COVID-19. I was able to move up quickly and they truly showed care for their employees.
I worked there for about 2 years until the pandemic caused me to lose my job. The best thing about the job is the travel benefits if you work at a corporate location.
My overall experience was positive. Over the 4 years I worked there I was always treated with respect. Hyatt made it a point to take care of their employees by providing benefits, outings, and other fun activities to keep their employees engaged. This hotel prides itself in developing their employees and promoting from within. This is an ideal place to work.
the assistant director of food and beverage was a low class and will not report to his superior with honesty to make himself look good very often will come up with stories. when i come more and more aware what he was doing i left
Working there I didn't feel very appreciated from my colleagues. Working by myself every week w few helping hands was extremely stressful. My bosses always felt a sigh of relief when I'd tell them I didn't need assistance...should you really feel relieved over that? Never appreciated that "sigh" attitude. Never able to take a lunch break. Never easy to use the bathroom. If I got injured, who was there to help me? When HR had appreciation incentives...not one person from my dept would save an incentive for me (since I was on graveyard).
Pros
Money was nice
Cons
No help, worked alone, stressed to get all tasks done, bosses didn't make me feel valued
I love working at hyatt! The benefits are the best. They pay you to do the things you like to do in your off time! Management is awesome at the hyatt that I work
Hyatt is a great company to work for. However, due to the nature of hospitality, work/life balance tends to suffer. You need to work unsocial hours most of the time and come home very late. Job security is also not guaranteed but it is just hospitality overall. Compensation and benefits are among the best in the industry
Pros
Compensation, benefits, growth
Cons
Short breaks, work/lift balance
Excelente servicios amabilidad comunicacion amigables servicial
I started there few years ago. I was new to the field amd started learning although some employees can get in your nerves for competition it was A great place to work
Loved working at this property! A lot of people have been there for years (adopted into Hyatt from Peabody when the hotel was bought). You can fell almost everyone loves their job and loves to be there.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Could pay a bit more
I worked for Hyatt for almost 25 years.(Covid-19 caused me to be furloughed/laid off before reaching my 25 year mark.) I would not have stayed with Hyatt this long if they weren't a great employer. I hope to return to Hyatt once the pandemic subsides.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Stressful when short-handed
I worked for the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress for 5 years and I always felt cared for. The benefits are fantastic and the workplace culture was a fun/family environment.
Pros
Free meals in employee cafeteria and great benefits.
Very self centered sales department. Management Not very inclusive of administrative staff. Treated like 2nd class citizens. Raises wee always minimal even when exceeding goals.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Low pay.
Miss the pay , this company takes care of their employees while during the Covid 19 outbreak they gave monies to their employees who needed help. Great staff in my department.
Pros
Pay, location, free breakfast, employee store
Cons
Pay for lunch
Best job ever!! I highly recommend Hyatt as a place to work for for individuals look to take charge of their careers and become a part of a great work family and environment
Pros
Learning and growing
Cons
Horrible management in the pastry department. Head chef is a tyrant and constantly making other feel worthless. He’s been known to belittle staff. But due to his high production numbers he’s kept on.
Pros
Cool projects. Discounted rooms
Cons
Expensive insurance.
HYATT HOTELS is a great company to work for because the environment is very positive, caring and respectful. They strive to make you the very best. I would give Hyatt a 5Star.
Pros
Good Benefits/training in all departments/Generous PTO policy/Employee discounts/401K match to 3%
Cons
N/a
I like to work for this organization. I do feel the bottom line is money for it though. I have seen this industry squeeze the employee financially for a bigger bottom line. This is especially the case for tipped positions.
Pros
Kind and empathetic staff.
Cons
Corporate greed.
Having serve 23years in years in hospitality, I am better able to appreciate the tremendous offers for employees, wellness programs, yearly increase, study and vacation packages, employee contributions to assist fellow associates in distress, community service etc
Even I’m on call they make me feel like family. Is always something to smile about it,something to feel proud each time I work there. They are well organized on plated dinners,equipment easy to handle and management are easy to talk to.
I loved my job and wouldn’t mind goin back to work there it’s a very nice and clean place to work at it’s just a lot of walking and bending also standing