Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Hospitality at it's finest
Hyatt is a fun place to work at. The employees are always interacting with the guests and customers and they offer free lunch for all employees and part time employees.
Mixed review
Tough to recommend. Very corporate and only cares about the bottom line. If you are in operations you will have absolutely no life and work 60++ hours a week.
Love the company, dislike the hotel management.
Good company to work for. Unfortunately the property I work for isn’t the greatest. Out of touch management making decisions that negatively effect all staff but betters their careers.
Pros
Free lunches, free hotel rooms
Cons
Management changes frequently
High class hotel company. Group sales magnet
I was dismissed by a over zealous GM. Con expo international symposium because of political exposure between China and Taiwan. Governor's meeting wasn't to his liking and I represented Hyatt Phoenix.
Pros
Stupidity of meeting
Cons
Should have been the GM or higher-ups.
Great place to work and thrive.
I was hired on the spot and started that week. I felt very welcomed and involved on site. The coworkers felt like they really cared about everyone, including the customer. This was a business hotel that was very busy during the season.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Full time was hard to get some times during the year
Great place to work.
The Hyatt is a great place to work for. I worked with the Hyatt for 16 years and the time flew by. The Hyatt has some amazing properties all over the world . One of the best perks Hyatt offers it associates is 12 comp rooms per year at any of their properties.
Pros
Long term employment.
Cons
The ice cream machine in the lunch room stops working. Lol
slow season is slow but when its busy season there is times when you wont even get the chance to use the bathroom.
People are very nice and friendly. Some managers are nice and others they are a typical boss. Employees are all nice and friendly. Gets very busy in January through April and then dies down in the summer.
Pros
chefs are good friends to have
Cons
busy season
Server/Bartender
A typical work day with the Hyatt. I was a waiter mostly. Guest service was the number one priority. I up-selled using suggestive ideas. Made reccomondations on food and drink.
Pros
Tips were great
Busy and Stressful Work Place but worth your time
Fantastic Place to work especially if you're looking to advance you're career in Hospitality! Very strick schedule however and will take up a lot of your time.
Awesome job
I really enjoyed driving high-end vehicles. But the pay was also not very consistent because I worked off of Tips. But enjoyed the job very much. Would definitely park cars again
Pros
Loved driving
Cons
Not enough money
Great work environment
Like a second home. Best job so far I’ve had. I wouldn’t leave the job if I had more consistency and pay my department makes tips so it’s not salary. My position only gets a consistent minimum wage.
Pros
Best colleagues.
Cons
Not enough consistent money
Compass room
I was in charge of all the wine for the fine dining restaurant. This is a really cool job. I learned a lot about wine and about all other types of food.
Its a very nice place to work
It a nice place to work. Some of the staff will make you feel very uncomfortable if you are black or muslim. When I worked there the other employees did'nt make me feel like I was part of the team. I did'nt get invited to most of the company programs and functions for whatever reason. They took a group photo of most of the employees,a nd I was left out. I covered other employees shifts for 6 to 8 months and was never thanked, nor compensated. I liked working there to help the hotel guest but didn' t like working their due to the rudeness of the other employees. This is was at the royal palms resort and spa
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, Rude employees
Sales Leadership does not live the Hyatt Culture
My experience was one of a kind. Every single Hyatt employee I encountered was wonderful, and truly cared for others so they could be their best. However, the DOS & ADOS I had to work with were the worst! They absolutely DID NOT care for others. They LIVED in the office and made others feel guilty for not spending 12+ hours a day there. They did not support or encourage growth. They did not provide appropriate training when asked, they refused any ideas presented to them and could not handle any objection towards them. They never EVER said Thank You or show any appreciation or positive emotions for hard work! They do not appreciate the incredible team they have and it's really sad!
it ok
its an ok job if you want a decent steady income within a family environment. don't expect to get too far unless you can really brown nose however, thats the name of the game
The Hyatt family is a real thing.
Great collaborative environment, where everyones opinions and suggestions are heard and appreciated regardless of position. The hotel's GM is approachable and willing to work with anyone.
Great culture and company vision
Great place to work for advancement and benefits. Started as a server and over the years I worked in several different positions in several departments eventually working my way up to a food and beverage department head.
Never a dole moment
Hyatt Place is a extremely fun environment to work in. However it can be challenging as there are many different facets in a signal work day. This being said multi tasking is going to become second nature.
Fun place to work
It all depends on the department for me it was fun because i got to walk around and talk to other people in other departmetns but yeah its like any other job
Pros
Meeting new people
Productive.
Hyatt is a productive place to work with the great work culture and room for advancement. Although the competitive nature of the company encourages those looking to move up to relocate every two years or sooner. I am looking to start a family and this just does not work for what I look for.
Pros
Great benifets
Cons
Hours and work/life balance.
Well managed
Was decades ago. Enjoyed my time there. Management on salary were not compensated fairly for number of hours expected to put in. Overall good work culture.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working 60 hours a week on salary.
4.2K