Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Raleigh, NC

Interesting guests from all around the world. Great breakfast. Friends and family room discounts. Getting up at 4:00 a.m. is hard, but once you are at work and get a little free breakfast and the strong coffee, the anxiety all goes away....
I think Hyatt has potential to be greater than it is. The workers are eager to work but with limited overtime it makes it hard to get the necessary tasks completed thoroughly.
Hyatt place is a place that can be a very fun, learning and stress free place to work. The management team should work more together and not apart. There are other reasons as to why my stay was longer than expected.
fast paced, lots of physical labor, decent pay. staff and housekeeping manager is nice and helpful. however Manager woman of location is very rude and more concerned with her look than anything.
Pros
50% off food and rooms.
Cons
30min lunch & half staff speak no english
The environment of a hotel is very fast pace, biggest part of our job is communicating. With guest, between departments, on phones, always having to explain everything with a smile. I articulate myself very well my mother was an English major, but for those who have a hard time with split decisions, on the spot questions, and everything in between, this job becomes quite difficult. Also a true testament to your abilities as to multitask between being a bartender, running the front desk, phone operator, housekeeper, and nightly kitchen aide.
Pros
Lifetime friends, never a bored moment
Cons
No real downtime, even when you try to take a lunch people always seem to find you
Great location and place to work, clean property, friendly staff with a great breakfast served daily for the guest. There is proper parking on the property and they have fun company days that show their appreciation for their employees.
I really enjoyed my Job and the management team. It was a lot of hard work, however we all pulled together to get the job done. whatever needed to be done .
I enjoyed my time at the Hyatt. I learned about hotel upkeep, and participated in an entire hotel remodel. The management was great, we just had a lot of turnover. The hardest part of the job was the walking, and the most enjoyable part was the workplace.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Turnover amongst employees.
I Would just like to thank the management at Hyatt North Raleigh Midtown for the opportunity. They worked really well with me during my training period and inspired me to be a leader.
There's never a dull day at work. Meeting and assisting new people each day is a reward of the trade. Whether travelers or extended stay guests, we are there to meet their needs.
You deal with guests on a daily basis. Some are not always happy either, but you have to remain nice and put on your happy face. I learned that if you are sincerely nice to guests and make their needs the up most importance than there are not many issues at all. You need to be sympathetic to the guests and do everything you can to make their stay the best experience they will have.
When i arrived at the hyatt Place they were under new management the turn around rate was as soon as they were hired they were fired about a two week turn around.
benefits
Cons
work scheduling
Strives to ensure each team member is treated with respect. Considerate of family time and the importance of life outside of work.
Pros
50% menu items
Cons
Hotel buisness is 24/7
I take pride in my job. it is a good place to work. I like working there. the people that work there are awesome. co-workers are easy to get along with. the management is great
I make sure all the guest are happy with every meal they eat. I love what I do at my job. I learn something new almost everyday like making sure I write dates on the items I open; for example, milk jugs, cheeses, yogurt and fruit bowls. I have amazing co workers who are very helpful, but the hardest part of my job is that certain co workers will talk down on me to make me think I am not doing a good job. The most enjoyable part of the job is laughing with my A.M. shift co-workers.
Pros
I'm able to talk to my managers opnely
Cons
The pay is not all that great for me.
Great place to work, I learned so much working here and being blessed to be able to say I grew my career here. WONDERFUL STAFF,
This is my family away from family. A typical workday for me varies, no day is the same. In the hospitality industry you're going to become a jack of all trades, and wearing many hats. You may have to assist different departments due to numerous things: i.e. call offs, not enough people scheduled, or just extremely busy day. With this being said no day is the same. That's what I like most about my job, you can really get to complacent to where you become bored of the same routine. I've learned during my career the consolidated and unconsolidated laws of the hospitality industry. This has given me the ability to see the hotel as a whole. Whereas I use to know only operations. Being apart of the sales team, I work directly with the GM, and our Regional Sales team. I'd say budgeting, and forecasting the hotels number can be tricky, as pace and compression don't always play in your favor week over week. I can't really think of something that is particularly hard, every job has obstacles, so there isn't really a "hard part". If I have to absolutely choose, it would have to be, not being able to satisfy every guest that walks into our establishment. I enjoy my job, love meeting new people, and seeing our regular guest on a weekly basis. I love bringing new business in, and giving tours. I know Hyatt Place as a Brand, and I like representing it. Being able to create an unforgettable experience is amazing. When I'm able to create an experience and have the guest take a survey and remember our names, that means a lot. First impression is the lasting impression.
Pros
Owners treat you like family, as does management
Cons
no healthcare, no 401K
food is served there. sometimes people sleep at the hotels.
Typical day easy flowing already know what needs to be done. I enjoyed free breakfast Fun but structured work environment
I learned a lot about customer service. That first impression is the most key factor. You want your guest to feel at ease, to be happy they chose the location they did. And of course, you want to see them become regulars. All of that can be achieved through customer service.
the place is great due to variety of coworkers... but management brings down the atmosphere ....
Pros
reduced lunches, friendly staff, etc
Cons
no advancement, or apppreciation