Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Reston, VA

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 8,767 reviews
stressful and extreme work overload
Sous chef (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA5 January 2020
There is no typical day at work. There is always and forever some surprise that comes up, which is the nature of our business but at Hyatt regency Reston its extreme. Management is always pushing you to do more and more, which would also be cool if your were properly compensate for it. The hardest part of my job was accepting the fact that I had to perform multiple job roles while only getting paid for one. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving. Sorry but I had to be brutally honest.
Workplace Culture
Event Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA4 August 2019
I had a professional team experience when we had to help each other during obstacles and also support for success. Team work was the key for our department and we have received amazing results that motivated. us to improve ourselves everyday.
Productive, Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA22 July 2019
Very Family oriented. Listen to your concerns and work with the employees. Opportunities to grow within the company. Cross Training to experience different departments.
Get Out
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA 201908 June 2019
To be far this place is alright if you are a salary worker, however, front desk, doormen, drivers, concierge and other part-time positions are push to there limits. Many of us developed foot problems from long hours of standing and lack of days off. I once worked with an employee that work double shifts all the time and hourly wage changed depending on what he did not what he was hired as.
It was a fun job! Lots of perks and they treat employees really well.
Sales and Meeting Connections Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA29 October 2018
A more relaxed and laid back atmosphere. You have an ability to work on your own pace as long as you reach your monthly goal. A lot of perks, like free stay in hotels when you go on vacation, free meals, free dry cleaning, free parking, discounted rates for hotel for your relatives. An annual Banquet event to recognized employees, annual picnic for employees and their families.
Fun workplace home like feeling
engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA8 April 2018
Amazing loving home like feeling. Amazing co workers as well as guest who stay. Very fast paced environment. Opportunity to grow within the company. Positive work environment
Family Oriented
Assistant Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA3 February 2018
Loved the Hyatt culture and the Diversity, the Team work within dept was also nice. My Take away was the way that every dept looked out for each other.
Pros
Work Place culture, Leadership and Benefits
Cons
Non
Very Good
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA15 May 2017
Good Management, overall operation can be improve as Greeter position, Schedule planning can be improve, schedule provide on Saturday if provide in the middle of the week could help life balance.
Pros
Cons
Schedule, room service orders
Managment is terrible
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA 201902 May 2017
This review is for the Hyatt I worked at in Reston VA only,I worked for the Hyatt almost 15 years. They change the policies according to the situation. They allow the Controller to talk and curse at you and he is not corrected. HR is unapproachable and when you do finally get to speak to them they don't do anything about it. That being said their benefits are the best around.
Benefits
Very happy work place
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA30 September 2015
Even under the high stress of a high end business hotel the staff was always able to be happy and friendly. From our temp employees all the way to the president everyone was a family.
Productive yet fun work environment
Front Office Agent (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA8 September 2014
Although, I have 15+ years in the customer service skilled environment, working for Hyatt taught me a great deal in that area. Fast paced work environment.
fun place to work
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA26 August 2014
very upbeat and very professional at the same time. Love the morale
Pros
best benefits
Cons
hours
Every thing is good
House Person (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA8 September 2013
So far I am very good with it thats it.Every co workers are very nice and cooperative especially the managers are vice and good. They give us a good working behaviors.
Pros
Yup free lunches
Cons
30 Mint break
Fun, open-minded and treat you like family
Pastry Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA8 September 2013
I love working for Hyatt. Everyone is supportive and cares. Kind of like an extended family. I am given freedom to express myself creatively and if I have an problems or concerns, I feel they take them seriously and do their best to fix any situation for the better.
Pros
Free lunch, Benefits, Paid Vacation
Cons
Slow in the summer months
Great college recruitment/training program
Assistant Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA14 August 2012
Great college recruitment/training program; gave me opportunities to grow within the company on a yearly basis. Great networking within the corporation and growth outside of the individual hotel.
A very nice enviromet to work
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA10 July 2012
As a banquet server on a tipical day at work, you will be faced with challenges unique to a banquet environment. Banquets differ from working in a restaurant environment, which has a menu and public clientele. Every day you will find yourself working a variety of events for a variety of guests. The first thing is the preshift with the captain, who goes over the menu, and the specifics of the funtion. Then after we have to arrange tables according to the layout specified by the party holding the banquet. We also dress the tables with linens and set them with china, silverware, napkins and glasses.
At a sit-down dinner, we deliver courses to the guests, ensuring that any pre-arranged meal selections are distributed appropriately. For buffets, sometimes dish the food out for guests or ensure that the buffet remains well-stocked.
Between courses or after the meal is finished, we clear plates, taking them to the kitchen for the dishwashers to scrape and clean.

After the banquet, servers gather any remaining plates and remove the table linens for laundering.
I learned that throughout the banquet, we are responsible for being professional and courteous to all guests. We must move quickly and work carefully so as not to drop any food or dishes.

I get alone very well with my co-workers, we do a very good teame work.
The hardest part is that we have to carrie a tray with 10 plates full of food, very heavy.
The best part is when the guests are happy and thankful.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not steady job, only when there is an event