Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Roanoke, VA

Roanoke, VA8 reviews
Daily interaction with guests from many different places is always fun and very interesting. I thrive in the fast pasted environment of working with the public.
Going a lot better now, than when I first started. Hopefully it just gets better. Working hard to improve quality and performance, maybe with a lot of hard work, determination, and diligence, we will enhance the whole work environment.
Hyatt is normally very competitive with pay, compensation and other benefits. The one I worked at was owned by a management company that was too new to understand what was going on. Lack of fair/competitive pay, benefits had to be enrolled for but none of management informed anyone of the narrow enrollment period, along with constant arguing about my paycheck every two weeks. Things ranged from not getting my tips, hours were rounded down and bonuses were not given out. HR at my management company was non-existent. Multiple calls were made and no solutions were presented. A single coworker was showing up late consistently and avoiding doing their duties only for them to be compensated higher than anyone else showing up early and staying late. I don't know how this property passes brand standard, and I don't know how management is able to continue highway robbery of their workers.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, incorrectly paid consistently, management is a joke.
Not good mangers at all love cleaning but hard working for bad people I worked there for 2 years place start going down hill once mangers changed from housekeeper to manger
Pros
Free employee breakfast
Cons
Mangers rude
Working for the Hyatt, was a great experience. It allowed me to utilize my skills as far as, being able to multi-task in a fast past environment. A typical day at work would start off, assisting customers with dietary needs for breakfast. check out customer, and assure that they're stay at the Hyatt was enjoyable. Helped check out customers and get ready for shift change. I learned, that working at a hotel, takes a team. Every department within the hotel needed to work together to maintain great success. Although the Hyatt went through tremendous changes within management, i was able to adjust quickly with each change. The culture of the company was very diverse. the hardest part of my job, was sometimes having to be responsible for all duties when under staff. The most enjoyable part of working for the Hyatt, was the experience.
Pros
great discount, benefits
Cons
shorts breaks
I came here after several years at another hotel. Worked here because I thought there would be advancement opportunity. That opportunity dissipated very quickly. I found my way out of there in a hurry. Not saying it's the worst run hotel in the valley, but it's not too far off. I loved the chance to learn some new things there though, and to be a part of the transition in operating systems from WinPM to Opera.

I still have a couple friends there from when I worked with them, I hope they're all doing well.
Pros
Great brand and decent upper management
Cons
the upper management doesn't see the hotel very often, and they need to pay close attention.
I start my day off handing out room assignments. Then inspecting any vacant clean rooms from the previous night. Recently, for the last 7 monthes, I have stripped rooms in the AM to help keep my staff at at their scheduled finish times at the end of the day. I inspect rooms the rest of the day. I have learned perseverence and keeping my personality to myself. Those are two very large things to have to contend with. I get along with most of my management team. But must say that I am at odds with my new General Manager over frequent changes he makes in all departments at the last minute. My management team are my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the 50-60 hour work weeks for little salary. Plus the daily stress of keeping up with the Hyatt standard with rooms that havent been renovated in seven years. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a 8-10 hour workday and good reviews.
Pros
Good health benefits, vacation and sick time
Cons
Too busy to take a lunch break, long hours
In the Hospitality world everyday is different which keeps you on your toes & makes it interesting.

Hyatt offers educational programs to aide in advancement in your career & to grow in your current position.

Fast paced, always changing & never dull.
Pros
lots of opportunities for advancement & growth.
Cons
sometime challenging to balance career & life.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
4.5K