Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 25 March 2020

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Rosemont, IL

Productive and Fast-Paced Workplace
Overall pretty good place to work at but employee benefits/compensation could be better for employees who have to work for days they are called in when they have a day off or working more than 6 days.
Family-style work environment
My day was spent getting reports together for different departments of the hotel. I interacted with most of the departments throughout the day. I helped the front desk employees with any issues out on the floor, and assisted guests with any concerns that occurred.
Pros
benefits, great socializing, events
Cons
uniforms
Great place to work.
Great place to work, with many different jobs to choose from within. You meet so many different people in a day. Really awesome people to work with and you are part of a team.
A Great Hotel
It's been a number of years since I worked for Hyatt, though I remember it as a generally wonderful experience. Ultimately I left having reached a position with other managers ahead of me, leaving me without room to grow and I had not wanted to stagnate.
Productive and Fun. A good place to grow.
High pace work. Experienced with multi cultural guest. Management is awesome. Workplace is very productive and you will learn a lot more about guest services. You will enjoy working at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare.
Pros
Free Meals
Part time work
I only worked there on the weekend for extra money. I quit because I was offered a full time position at another company. I would probably still be working here.
A nice hotel
It was a fun place to work and the management staff was good. The hotel is very busy and it looks nice. I would recommend it as a place to work. Benefits were decent.
Pros
fun staff, free lunch
Cons
Union hotel
Productive and Sales Driven
No Typical Day, but everyday does include prospecting. Place is certainly a training place, lots of people come here to move around within the company. If you are willing to relocate. I have learned all ends of sales, planning and executing an event. Certainly helps when coming up with quick ideas and solutions. I have mastered Patience with colleagues and Clients.
Pros
Every day is different
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
A very good place to work
Hyatt has a great work life balance. You can work many hours as a supervisor but then get extra time off. A lot of hotels do not have that. I love the time I worked for the Hyatt. They truly do care. Its not a smoke screen.
Hyatt is very family oriented with many opportunities
8-5 Monday -Friday. As sales managers. The people are nice and you feel part of the family. I have worked from a bartender to a sales manager. Moved to keep growing in my career.
Pros
Free Lunch and Hotel accommodations
Productive to have worked with Hyatt
Submitting the payroll for weekly and biweekly employees under the ADP system electronically. Checking time sheets that hours were submitted before we confirmed the payroll. Banquets department nominated me for best employee for the excellent service i provided. I enjoyed meeting different cultures in the hotel.
Pros
Good environment
Worked well with my schedule outside of work, great work enviornment
Union job with free health insurance,friendly employees and management,the hardest thing is dealing with the traffic in and around the airport when u run on a schedule of every 15 min to and from
Pros
Free lunches and healthcare
Fun work place
It was a very demanding job, had to work long hours and holidays, which was ok, if you didn't have children and a life out side of the hotel management work field.

People were great and friendly, benefits were good, i loved the atmosphere of the Hotel. Felt very safe, all around great hotel and coworkers were great to alongside with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks sometimes no breaks job was very demanding
Housekeeping houseman
Face pace and high demanding job. Enjoyed working with co-workers. Teamwork was admired by our hard working crew. Worked in conjunction with the laundry department. Opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Benefits that included free hotel stays at any our locations around the world.
Cons
pay at the time of my employment, weekend schedule
positive
nice place to work and great diversity of coworkers. many customer services lessons and job responsibility challenges.
friendly place
big hotel, 1100 rooms always something different to fix. Helping guest with their needs was very fun. Fixed laundry truck that no one else could fix
Pros
free meals
Cons
long drive
Fun place to work
Meeting new people.
I learned how to punch in on the time clock.

Management were friendly

Co-workers and i worked together

The hardest part of the job was cleaning

What i most enjoyed was the taking breaks when it was slow.
Pros
Long breaks
fast-paced environment with opportunities for advancement, training, development
Pros
free hotel nights, free lunch
Cons
may require working holidays, nights, weekends
Poor Managment
Always took Customers Side not a problem in Front of Guests but behind the closed doors an explanation should be heard
Pros
Poor Managment
Cons
Awesome benefits perfect hrs
Great People, Fun Atmosphere
I loved my time at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare and was sad to be moving away from it. Over the years, I've worked with some of the best in hospitality. HRO also offered growth within the company (I am living proof that a Front Office Agent can develop into a Convention Services Manager that plans and executes 30,000+ person citywide conventions.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great people, Growth opportunities
Cons
Long hours but that comes with the hospitality territory
Fun and Exciting
Receiving guess packages and filingwhere guess packages was located in in shipping and receiving department.When guess call for there packages, deliver to the guess, and upon guess leaving ship packages to where ever guess wanted package to go
Pros
working with people and making things as easy as possible guess
Cons
The job was just temporary
4.3K