Hyatt
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

San Antonio, TX186 reviews
Friendly Hotel
Beautiful hotel i ever worked at. Friendly staff and friendly customers. Love the atmosphere and the view at night is gorgeous. the rooms are beautiful and the swimming area spacious and Spectacular. the gym is outstanding
Friendly people to work with.
Every for the most part is outgoing and friendly. They are always willing to give you a smile and a big hello. The managers are friendly and call you by name and ask how you are doing.
Work is good
Is a nice place to work but too many management problems, seems like they would get to stressed and were very disrespectful with workers, that is something that made me uncomfortable
Best work place ever
Enjoyed the life experience for working in a family oriented environment. Co workers are very friendly and always ready to help others a great teamwork place bosses are very understanding
Wonderful work environment and they show care for their employees
Hyatt is a wonderful world-wide corporation with great opportunity for advancement. They prefer to hire within and have a wonderful culture where they are the leaders in showing care for their employees.
Enjoyable
Go in and restock needed items, serve and clean throughout the day, at the end of my shift I would close register and clean room, and order needed items for the next work day.
serious business
this is a great location for the team to learn to work and create a Hyatt difference. the team is awesome and the leadership is spot on. every day is an opportunity to be successful.
positive environment
great people to work with, great leadership.
Guest are friendly and most equipment in proper working order.

Meals for employees is cost effective and usually available at normal working hours
Pros
environment
Cons
pay par
Love this Company
Company has plenty room to grow or move up, easy to transfer to another open position for the Company. Great benefits and employee discounts. I would definitely recommend Hyatt
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No free parking
Awesome Company
I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is interested in working in the Hospitality industry. Great benefits and perks. There is definitely a lot of room to grow or move up if your wanting. You can transfer to any other location that is hiring as well
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No free parking
good job environment
learning experience and it was a family environment. A typical day at work was working on existing structures and remodeling. management was easy to work for.
customer service
improved my customers service skills. allowed me to experience other job opportunities. Build relationships with restaurants and other businesses. Allowed for growth
Great place to start out
Overall great, people were amazing and really forms ypu into a jack of all trades. So even if you're not upto par in one aspect the chief engineer helps form you into a broad talented expert.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
I was over quallified and job advancement was thin
Good place to work.
A typical day at work was fast paced and exciting. Learned how to interact with guests. Management not supportive. Good workplace culture. Working with banquet managers was difficult. I had a great stewarding staff that made work enjoyable.
Work at Hyatt
The company does not take care of employees very well, they eliminated the traditional Christmas events for family, they do not compensate for night shift differential, they mostly hire part time or seasonal employees to avoid the grant of benefits. A family man cannot stay with the amount of salary provided and the amount of time taken away from your family.
Pros
it is a beautiful place
Cons
does not pay night shift differential, no longer respects employee rights
Wonderful Work Environment
This is a great place to work! You will be surrounded by motivated professionals within the hospitality industry, whose sole purpose is to work together as a team to provide the guest with the best experience possible.
Pros
Excellent work culture, discounts at any Hyatt Property
Cons
Very hard to move up into a leadership role.
A typical day at work
I was always greeted with a hello and a smile. We would go to any of the floors that needed new lights or there a leak of some sorts so we would go and fix that. The night shift always wrote down what needed to be done and we would do the same. The Grand Hyatt was an amazing place to work at good work atmosphere and really good people to be around. Highly recommended.
Great location in the heart of downtown
It’s a busy hotel that has a lot of business from large Conventions and large corporation events. It’s a modern building and with updated equipment which makes work feel great
Good staff.
Very good. Average of 24-45 dollars per hour.worked on a tip pool basis. Server does coffee break service and food and beverage service.Tips pooled weekly and divided according to the number of servers and the number of hours worked for the week.
Pros
Meals paid
Cons
Age of management
Great place to work gave me excellent skills moving forward.
Started by getting briefed on the status of the hotel and proceed forward, Had a set list of duties to do throughout my night. Had to be prepared for spontaneous surprises during my shift,
Fun and fast paced.
The work environment at the Hyatt is unmatched. The managers were amazing and super accommodating. There isn’t really any cons other than the pay, but the job is perfect for the pay range. This was my favorite job.
4.4K