Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

I had just finished training and then was allowed to speak to customers for only 60 days. Great product unfortunately Covid -19 made the entire staff furloughed.
Pros
Great product
Cons
This location did not pay out spiff money as they claimed they would.
great people to work with, great leadership. Guest are friendly and most equipment in proper working order. Meals for employees is cost effective and usually available at normal working hours
Pros
environment
Cons
pay par
Company has plenty room to grow or move up, easy to transfer to another open position for the Company. Great benefits and employee discounts. I would definitely recommend Hyatt
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No free parking
I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is interested in working in the Hospitality industry. Great benefits and perks. There is definitely a lot of room to grow or move up if your wanting. You can transfer to any other location that is hiring as well
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No free parking
learning experience and it was a family environment. A typical day at work was working on existing structures and remodeling. management was easy to work for.
improved my customers service skills. allowed me to experience other job opportunities. Build relationships with restaurants and other businesses. Allowed for growth
Overall great, people were amazing and really forms ypu into a jack of all trades. So even if you're not upto par in one aspect the chief engineer helps form you into a broad talented expert.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
I was over quallified and job advancement was thin
A typical day at work was fast paced and exciting. Learned how to interact with guests. Management not supportive. Good workplace culture. Working with banquet managers was difficult. I had a great stewarding staff that made work enjoyable.
The company does not take care of employees very well, they eliminated the traditional Christmas events for family, they do not compensate for night shift differential, they mostly hire part time or seasonal employees to avoid the grant of benefits. A family man cannot stay with the amount of salary provided and the amount of time taken away from your family.
Pros
it is a beautiful place
Cons
does not pay night shift differential, no longer respects employee rights
This is a great place to work! You will be surrounded by motivated professionals within the hospitality industry, whose sole purpose is to work together as a team to provide the guest with the best experience possible.
Pros
Excellent work culture, discounts at any Hyatt Property
Cons
Very hard to move up into a leadership role.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
I was always greeted with a hello and a smile. We would go to any of the floors that needed new lights or there a leak of some sorts so we would go and fix that. The night shift always wrote down what needed to be done and we would do the same. The Grand Hyatt was an amazing place to work at good work atmosphere and really good people to be around. Highly recommended.
It鈥檚 a busy hotel that has a lot of business from large Conventions and large corporation events. It鈥檚 a modern building and with updated equipment which makes work feel great
Very good. Average of 24-45 dollars per hour.worked on a tip pool basis. Server does coffee break service and food and beverage service.Tips pooled weekly and divided according to the number of servers and the number of hours worked for the week.
Pros
Meals paid
Cons
Age of management
Started by getting briefed on the status of the hotel and proceed forward, Had a set list of duties to do throughout my night. Had to be prepared for spontaneous surprises during my shift,
The work environment at the Hyatt is unmatched. The managers were amazing and super accommodating. There isn鈥檛 really any cons other than the pay, but the job is perfect for the pay range. This was my favorite job.
every day you are waiting your tour based on where you are on the rotation , the every day meetings are unproductive friendly environment. The hardest part of the job is when there is no tours, no training you can help your co workers to close their table.
ive learned alot from working at the grand hyatt. its a great place with great atmosphere.it gets stressfull at times but what place dosent i give it five stars..
Hyatt is a great place to work; however, there are several missed opportunities to mentor and develop its first line supervisors and managers. If they take the time to develop their leaders, the colleagues will take their time to develop Hyatt.
Pros
Discount room rates
Cons
No vacation time until 1 year in the jo
Working here was a lot of fun, the management is always really friendly and the work is well compensated. You also get discounts on the Hyatt brand. I highly recommend it.
Pros
Cafeteria, discounts, great pay
Cons
Sometimes you have to park off property
Hyatt Hotels has always been a top tier workplace. Not only did they provide excellent staff to work along side, they maintained a high level work ethic.
very stressful place to work because a lot of the time you're left to fend for yourself. The managers hardly ever come around,and when they do its for a very short period of time.