Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

I had just finished training and then was allowed to speak to customers for only 60 days. Great product unfortunately Covid -19 made the entire staff furloughed.
Pros
Great product
Cons
This location did not pay out spiff money as they claimed they would.
Me gusto aprender los detalles de limpieza de mi trabajo
Pros
LOS DESCANSOS
Cons
LA DISTACIA
It was the best job i've had. Everything & everyone was real professional & had such a great vibe. Not really a hard work area just always fast paced. Would definitely work there again.
Every aspect of the resort is appealing. The staff makes sure the needs of the guests are always met. There is always something to do and always someone to be of assistance at all times
The hyatt is a great place to work. Although i work here for a short time i really enjoyed my time with my managers and my co-workers everyone is very helpful and understanding.
The Grand Hyatt Hotel is fast paced and steady professionalism. This job was great with a friendly staff. I learned so much here and would go back if I had not relocated.
The poolside was hard work especially at rush hours, and the amount of tips could be super uneven depending on what section we were assigned. We got a lot of free meals and other benefits, though.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
The job was productive good communication skills they were very helpful and also work with your time schedule they provide everything you need and helpful
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
Cons
Short breaks
If you are willing to work hard you can definitely move up, if you start in the right department. There is plenty of potential for growth. Management can be a tricky one but most of the time its manageable.
Hyatt promotes from within and it's a family culture. Most of the employees have lots of tenure and are very friendly. There are lots of events and recognition. They care about their employees.
Pros
Free Rooms, Benefits, Employee Relations and Recognition
Cons
Work life balance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Management does not know how to communicate with employees and within themselves. Watch out with managers because they are only about sticking up for themselves. They befriend you than stab you in the back when they want. Managers are horrible. I would never trust any of them. The relationship between employees are awesome. The culture is amazing. Guest are great. If you want to move up within the company you have to kiss many butts and be a slave in order to be recognized.
All employees work together to insure we provide the best service to our guest. We strive to have a fun, team working, environment. Gallery host go out of their way with multiple task to insure every guest feels at home. Management jumps in to help when needed. Hyatt provides plenty of resources to succeed in your position.
In all honesty I really like the Grand Hyatt. As a full-time employee you get health benefits, paid vacation days, paid sick days, and complementary rooms after you have been employed a year.
Answered incoming telephone calls Prepared and adjusted weekly team schedules Prepared daily cash account balances Assisted guests upon arrival and departure
very family orientated place to work. from the general manger to the housekeepers everyone is treated with respect. the company has great benefits for their employees. .
Servicing customers in a soothing environment where the clientele will experience a truly relaxing experience. Our spa overlooks the beautiful hill country and golf course, Truly indulgent with our own saltwater pool.
Pros
Freelunches/ use of spa facility
Cons
No benefits for part time
Hyatt is a great company to work for. There are many benefits and so many places to relocate and travel. Even though it the work load is a lot, the managers help out and its an all around team effot
Pros
inexpensive lunch, paid vacation, free and discounted rooms
Cons
little breaks, long days, long weeks, work holidays
My position at Hyatt Place was varied on a typical day. Some days I worked the front desk to check in/out guests, respond to inquiries, and assist guests to make their stay more comfortable. Other days, and some nights, I worked the alcohol and coffee bar which was relaxed and I enjoyed those nights the most. And finally, other days I was in charge of breakfast and kitchen duties. Overall, my experience was excellent as my coworkers made the evening shifts bearable with low guest influx.
Pros
Free lunch, healthcare, discounted stays
Cons
No set work schedule, varied depending on need
The job was an easy one and fun to carry out with the team. Working at the Hyatt is definitely fast paced but fun. Employees constantly have smiles on their faces and are happy to help with anything. Managers are willing to help with many situations that might interfere with scheduling as long as notified asap
Pros
Discount Lunches. (Delicious)
Everybody stays close and connected with each other, each department works and flows well with each other. The managers are encouraging and seek to make each employee grow while staying interested in their personal lives. Everybody is eager to get their jobs complete with great customer service. The hotel has grown high in ratings and built a reputation making it easy to be prideful in the work I do. Working with the friendly faces at work and communicating so well makes the job enjoyable. Keeping up with all the business and different diverse groups can make the job a fun challenge. I have learned how to manage my time accordingly and communicate with many departments to produce high quality work and fluent motions through every day procedures.
Pros
Benefits, Union
Cons
Pay to park, Lack of hours