Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Hyatt Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

San Antonio, TX186 reviews
Friendly Hotel
Beautiful hotel i ever worked at. Friendly staff and friendly customers. Love the atmosphere and the view at night is gorgeous. the rooms are beautiful and the swimming area spacious and Spectacular. the gym is outstanding
fahliy oriented
very family orientated place to work. from the general manger to the housekeepers everyone is treated with respect. the company has great benefits for their employees. .
Upscale spa facility
Servicing customers in a soothing environment where the clientele will experience a truly relaxing experience. Our spa overlooks the beautiful hill country and golf course, Truly indulgent with our own saltwater pool.
Pros
Freelunches/ use of spa facility
Cons
No benefits for part time
great
Hyatt is a great company to work for. There are many benefits and so many places to relocate and travel. Even though it the work load is a lot, the managers help out and its an all around team effot
Pros
inexpensive lunch, paid vacation, free and discounted rooms
Cons
little breaks, long days, long weeks, work holidays
Pleasant Experience
My position at Hyatt Place was varied on a typical day. Some days I worked the front desk to check in/out guests, respond to inquiries, and assist guests to make their stay more comfortable. Other days, and some nights, I worked the alcohol and coffee bar which was relaxed and I enjoyed those nights the most. And finally, other days I was in charge of breakfast and kitchen duties. Overall, my experience was excellent as my coworkers made the evening shifts bearable with low guest influx.
Pros
Free lunch, healthcare, discounted stays
Cons
No set work schedule, varied depending on need
Loved it there. Awesome team to be a part of.
The job was an easy one and fun to carry out with the team. Working at the Hyatt is definitely fast paced but fun. Employees constantly have smiles on their faces and are happy to help with anything. Managers are willing to help with many situations that might interfere with scheduling as long as notified asap
Pros
Discount Lunches. (Delicious)
The staff is all close and connected with friendly attitudes
Everybody stays close and connected with each other, each department works and flows well with each other. The managers are encouraging and seek to make each employee grow while staying interested in their personal lives. Everybody is eager to get their jobs complete with great customer service. The hotel has grown high in ratings and built a reputation making it easy to be prideful in the work I do. Working with the friendly faces at work and communicating so well makes the job enjoyable. Keeping up with all the business and different diverse groups can make the job a fun challenge. I have learned how to manage my time accordingly and communicate with many departments to produce high quality work and fluent motions through every day procedures.
Pros
Benefits, Union
Cons
Pay to park, Lack of hours
Fast paced and productive
Was a great learning Experience
Enjoyed working with a great B.O.H. staff. The staff really allowed its young chef's to work on there skills while learning how to do things the Hyatt way.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Had limited opportunties
Fun place to work
I loved being an intern here it ,it was a great experience to work here for the time I was allowed to work here ,I really wouldn’t mind working there again
guests are what make the hotel a fun job
being able to help out the guests and interact with them on a daily basis is really what makes the job enjoyable. You meet so many different people from so many different places.
Very fast paced
Very fast paced . can be stressful at times but your always moving . if you like a challenge then this job will be for you. Very detail cleaning.you will get overtime sometimes.
Pros
Your always meeting new people
Cons
Sometimes the rooms can be very messy or trashed.
Exciting and fast paced work environment.
Working at the Hyatt is very fast paced and can be a little overwhelming specially for those who haven't worked at a fast paced full property. After a while you do get used to it and it becomes fun and exciting.
Hyatt is an amazing company to work for. It was my first job in pastry after school. It has taught me a lot and I have learned the face baced industry.
Pros
Great benefits, free/discounted hotel rooms
Fun people, bad place.
The job requires extensive attention to detail and hard work on a time limit. It is very stressful and requires experience with the work so as to not need to stay late to finish.
Everyone working there was fantastic though. Very nice people.
I experienced a whole new level of guest service, and I enjoyed every moment, especially when repeat guest kept coming back, and bringing friends
Hyatts brand speaks for itself, and I try my best to treat each customer with the highest level of service, just as Hyatts brand expects me to. We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen. I experienced one of the beach resorts.

One more nice thing about the Hyatt brand is that they offer a lot of complimentary travel items for those of us who tend to forget the occasional toiletry. I forgot my hairbrush and they brought me a really nice travel brush to my room free of charge.

There is a daily parking fee and you can do self park or valet. We did the valet and there was never more than a 10 minute wait to get our car.

There is also a daily resort fee which, among other things, gets you a free glass of champagne at check in and a free bottled water daily.
Pros
Attention to detail
Cons
They go over the top with service, and tak good care of each may cause a slight delay in service
Front Desk Agent
• Guarantee a welcome environment for guest
• Check in and out process is appropriately managed

• Make Reservations

• Exceed guest expectations

• Usage of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Pros
flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
cut hours, slow season
Loved working here
Consistant in expectations, feedback and assistance (team work) when needed, all staff departments helpful. "Whatever it takes" attitude. Prided ourselves in the teamwork and uplifting attitude we provided for the staff and the guests.
Great Job
Made good tips being a valet, loved working with customers face to face. Fast paced environment, had to deal with working outdoors, the heat and cold both sucked
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Mean supervisors
Productive and energetic
The most enjoyable part of recreation was getting to know the guests and their families. Recreation team provided games and activities all fay for the guests to enjoy.
The Hyatt team is very family friendly and are always available to help out in any way.

The hardest part of the job is having to be outside in the heat during the summer and also having to work on holidays.
fun place to work
I personally was happy my 7 years in a half without hyatt but things started to change on my 8th year because of the union coming in and a lot of rules and regulations change miscommunication with HR STAFF couldn't give me answers of what was happening.
4.4K