Hyatt
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

San Antonio, TX186 reviews
Friendly Hotel
Beautiful hotel i ever worked at. Friendly staff and friendly customers. Love the atmosphere and the view at night is gorgeous. the rooms are beautiful and the swimming area spacious and Spectacular. the gym is outstanding
Great
I loved it.Even though it was a part time job, I enjoyed very much. I was totally different from my day job. I met lots of different people from different business areas. I had fun.
Inconsistent
Great pay when there is business, there were some months when you would work your butt off, then some when you would get like 40 hours for the entire month!
Pros
Great money when busy
Cons
Worked 13 hrs every holiday
Loved working here
Still my favorite job to this day, Loved the people and the work environment and hitting overtime was easy always enough hours to go around during the summer and made pretty good tips
A very exciting place to work.
As i start my day i will
1. Print all of the daily projects for the day

2. we get our chairs,tables,etc. ready to setup in rooms

3. Once room is setup for the function we occasionally check rooms perodically threw out to make sure everything runs smoothly
Pros
free lunch, you get to meet people from all walks of life
Cons
no set schedule, working really late shifts all throughout the day
Descent work enviorment can be very hostile. Management and office staff are very unprofessional. Gossip was very popular amongst the housekeeping off
Pay is fair and benefits as well. Housekeeping office staff could definetly use training on how to talk to their employees. Desk Secretary Hailey was always very rude and liked to belittle and gossip towards housekeeping staff. She is very ruse and managment even when brought to their attention were never helpful. We were always asked just to let it go because that was just her attitude.
Pros
Benfits definetly worth the job
Cons
Terrible managment and office staff
great palce to work met new people everyday
Met many clients and served many functions with a great crew and provided efficient service. Created a awesome atmosphere for high clients and provided great service.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun working
Balanced work, fast paced. Good people working and good manager. I've worked many hours a day and weekly and always available to work and help people.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No health care
fun working environment
a typical day at work for me is coming in and checking on the stats of things in our recreation area. making sure things are good and ready for the guest there. once that is all done im there to help make the guest time there is good and they are happy, interacting with the guest. i learn how to work hard and as a team. to better grow as a person and as a leader. management there can be good at times but isnt always.the hardest part of the job is just keeping up with everything, you can get a lot of things at once and it can get stressful but i mastered that pretty well over time. the best part of the job was the guest relationships that i would create, it is always great to see guest return remembering who i was. also the work relationships that i created, a lot of my friends are the ones a met at work.
Pros
relationships created, the amount of hours you could get
Cons
the amount of work expected, always working outside
Fun atmosphere and encouragement for advancement
I recommend anyone to apply to the Hyatt. There are several positions and much encouragement to apply for higher positions once you've worked there for at least 6 months.
Pros
Friendly staff/ supportive
Cons
nights/weekends/holidays
its a good part time supplement but not for a family provider
I good job for students however the pay to support a family is poor. You would not be able to afford health care for yourself yet alone for your children.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
low pay
Worst place ever
No proper training, manager comes in and out. No structure. Everyone is rude and talks about everyone including guests. Probably more stressful environment than job.
Pros
Hotel discount
Cons
No break if any, expensive healthcare
Clean, educational, and professional environment
I enjoyed working there, while living in my own apartment.

I was offered a job with Hyatt hotels, I never pursuit it..at San Antonio.

Movies and waste from affected my health..

I was scheduled another location, I never got the schedule, something of the licenses were not accurate.
Pros
Complimentary massages, pedicures and manicures, i never enjoyed a really good massage.
Cons
Too much inquiry of actors and sportswriters and storywriters, made absolutely no sense..
expiernce
Employed for ten years.The hotel was corporately owned.I love working there now it is franchised own for 3 years and hotel is going down the drain. had two GM in the two years .Two new sales people.

Benefits are not so great
muy buen ambiente
muy bueno el trabajo fue muy fluido y no tuve ningun problema
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
actitud
fun safe work environment
Just apply online
Send in resume

Wait a day if you don't get call back return phone call

Sound cheerful and happy on the phone

Talk to get like you were talking to friends parents with respect and politnes
Pros
people there are great youll love going to work
Cons
hourly wage ain't to high
Great company
Have learned a great deal with hyatt such as inventories, P&L, ordering product, Beverage, ect....

Management is good

The hardest part of my job is answering to many upper management instead of a chain of command.
Great Hotel Would work there again
Hotel was very friendly and customer oriented. It allowed me to really interact with people and help them enjoy their stay no matter why they were in town.
Great place to work Friendly staff
Hyatt is a great place to work for. However very competitive and critical on performance. Advancement is hard, unless you have been with the company for several years, and are open to switching properties.
Pros
delighters i.e free lunch some days, free snacks, vol. opportuniies, benefits are great.
Cons
management is sometime more involved with scores, rather than their employees feeling secure and happy.
One of the best companies to work for
Just driving into work was exciting. The view from the Hill Country was absolutely gorgeous. Meeting new people everyday from different cities, states and countries was amazing.
Amazing place to work with great people!
Long hours, but worth it. This place becomes your home away from home. They are extended family. Depending on the role you are in the schedule is unpredictable. During the busy seasons you will work long hours (50+ sometimes).
Pros
Free lunch, free/discount hotel stays, discount restaurant
Cons
long hours, unpredictable schedule
4.4K