Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

I had just finished training and then was allowed to speak to customers for only 60 days. Great product unfortunately Covid -19 made the entire staff furloughed.
Pros
Great product
Cons
This location did not pay out spiff money as they claimed they would.
Enjoyed working with a great B.O.H. staff. The staff really allowed its young chef's to work on there skills while learning how to do things the Hyatt way.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Had limited opportunties
I loved being an intern here it ,it was a great experience to work here for the time I was allowed to work here ,I really wouldn’t mind working there again
being able to help out the guests and interact with them on a daily basis is really what makes the job enjoyable. You meet so many different people from so many different places.
Very fast paced . can be stressful at times but your always moving . if you like a challenge then this job will be for you. Very detail cleaning.you will get overtime sometimes.
Pros
Your always meeting new people
Cons
Sometimes the rooms can be very messy or trashed.
Working at the Hyatt is very fast paced and can be a little overwhelming specially for those who haven't worked at a fast paced full property. After a while you do get used to it and it becomes fun and exciting.
Hyatt is an amazing company to work for. It was my first job in pastry after school. It has taught me a lot and I have learned the face baced industry.
Pros
Great benefits, free/discounted hotel rooms
The job requires extensive attention to detail and hard work on a time limit. It is very stressful and requires experience with the work so as to not need to stay late to finish. Everyone working there was fantastic though. Very nice people.
Hyatts brand speaks for itself, and I try my best to treat each customer with the highest level of service, just as Hyatts brand expects me to. We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen. I experienced one of the beach resorts. One more nice thing about the Hyatt brand is that they offer a lot of complimentary travel items for those of us who tend to forget the occasional toiletry. I forgot my hairbrush and they brought me a really nice travel brush to my room free of charge. There is a daily parking fee and you can do self park or valet. We did the valet and there was never more than a 10 minute wait to get our car. There is also a daily resort fee which, among other things, gets you a free glass of champagne at check in and a free bottled water daily.
Pros
Attention to detail
Cons
They go over the top with service, and tak good care of each may cause a slight delay in service
• Guarantee a welcome environment for guest • Check in and out process is appropriately managed • Make Reservations • Exceed guest expectations • Usage of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Pros
flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
cut hours, slow season
Consistant in expectations, feedback and assistance (team work) when needed, all staff departments helpful. "Whatever it takes" attitude. Prided ourselves in the teamwork and uplifting attitude we provided for the staff and the guests.
Made good tips being a valet, loved working with customers face to face. Fast paced environment, had to deal with working outdoors, the heat and cold both sucked
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Mean supervisors
The most enjoyable part of recreation was getting to know the guests and their families. Recreation team provided games and activities all fay for the guests to enjoy. The Hyatt team is very family friendly and are always available to help out in any way. The hardest part of the job is having to be outside in the heat during the summer and also having to work on holidays.
I personally was happy my 7 years in a half without hyatt but things started to change on my 8th year because of the union coming in and a lot of rules and regulations change miscommunication with HR STAFF couldn't give me answers of what was happening.
I loved it.Even though it was a part time job, I enjoyed very much. I was totally different from my day job. I met lots of different people from different business areas. I had fun.
Great pay when there is business, there were some months when you would work your butt off, then some when you would get like 40 hours for the entire month!
Pros
Great money when busy
Cons
Worked 13 hrs every holiday
Still my favorite job to this day, Loved the people and the work environment and hitting overtime was easy always enough hours to go around during the summer and made pretty good tips
As i start my day i will 1. Print all of the daily projects for the day 2. we get our chairs,tables,etc. ready to setup in rooms 3. Once room is setup for the function we occasionally check rooms perodically threw out to make sure everything runs smoothly
Pros
free lunch, you get to meet people from all walks of life
Cons
no set schedule, working really late shifts all throughout the day
Pay is fair and benefits as well. Housekeeping office staff could definetly use training on how to talk to their employees. Desk Secretary Hailey was always very rude and liked to belittle and gossip towards housekeeping staff. She is very ruse and managment even when brought to their attention were never helpful. We were always asked just to let it go because that was just her attitude.
Pros
Benfits definetly worth the job
Cons
Terrible managment and office staff
Met many clients and served many functions with a great crew and provided efficient service. Created a awesome atmosphere for high clients and provided great service.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short breaks
Balanced work, fast paced. Good people working and good manager. I've worked many hours a day and weekly and always available to work and help people.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No health care