Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

San Diego, CA115 reviews
Im a cook and i love my job. surrounding myself by people who are as passionate for the art of cooking is my goal. ive been able to find those people in Hyatt.
Days of work at the Grand Hyatt where long hours 10 o 12 hours, but they seem to go faster because I had a great team to work with and make my day go very smooth and fun, management was very supportive and helpful and anything that I needed they were there to help me .culture at the Hyatt is to give the best experience possible to their customers and also their employees , The hardest part of the job for me was going from a small resort and Lost Pines Bastrop Texas to the second largest hotel in the Hyatt I had to really get some cardio going every day walking from one kitchen to another . The most enjoyable part of this job was living in San Diego and working at the grand Hyatt it’s a beautiful facility the people are Streamley friendly and learning new cuisine because people in California eat way different than in Texas .
Pros
Free lunch, employees appreciation days
Cons
This work environment was awesome because it was the perfect job shift for me at the time also the salary was good and they were flexible with my schedule
Es un lugar donde se disfruta trabajar desde q entras es como estar en familia
Definitely my favorite place ever. Great management, great HR department, amazing culture. Great pay and flexibility. Beautiful property and steady work.
Hyatt gives you a ton of different avenues to help advance your career. Regardless of your education Hyatt gives you the ability to prove you're capable to do a job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Need to have open availabilty.
It was a wonderful experience to be able to be a part of an awesome team. The opportunity of giving the best experience to guests is very rewarding when you see the smiling faces.
Pros
Seeing people having a good time
Cons
Not seeing people have a good time
i worked all of food and beverage depatmenmt from, hostess to chef to server to barista and even a bartender for the pool. the enviroinment is very fast paced.
Banquets was a bit stressful at times, but overall it was not too bad. Great pay. Only min wage, but with tips ay least $20 an hour. Sometimes it came out to $40 or $50 an hour!!
Great place to get into hospitality. Caring individuals everywhere. Can be fast paced at times. Genuine care and associate well being is top of mind daily. Pay is appropriate at higher management levels.
Pros
Great place to work for, Good Benefits, Caring Management, Great fringe benefits such as 12 free nights.
Cons
Can be fast paced and stressful but what job isn't?
There's something about working for a company that genuinely cares about you that motivates you to do your best to represent the company and care for the guests.
I have learned how to communicate with different people every day and got enough experiance how to resolve peopl's issue, how handle customers, manage the job under a heavy pressure. A very good relations with the Hotel management and employee.
Pros
free meal
Strong work ethic encouraged and displayed. Management present at all times. Quick paced environment. Great food. Offers partial matching of 401k. Allows for a very flexible schedule.
Pros
Employee events
Cons
Can't move up on the list, Seniority based instead of a balance of work performance and availability
Fast paced hotel. Strong professional standards are a must and very present. Wages are competitive with neighboring hotels. Nice place to work but close to impossible to move up in this department.
Pros
Great food, great pay. Nice people.
Cons
Close to impossible to move up in the department unless people quit, retire or get fired.
I love working at the Grand Hyatt I have been there 12 years and they treat us employees with great respect. I recommend this company to anyone looking to work for a great hotel.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
okay pay
growth potential which include leadership skills. Training to be an effective leader. Nepotism at work here. Slow rise of pay scale. Healthcare is expensive.
During my stay in the last job, I have learned a lot how to handle customers, solving customers and employee problems, and working under pressure. Overall, I had a productive working place with all management and employees.
Cons
I had all the benefits
productive and fun workplace, able to meet new people and meet new friends. management will do their best to take care of you like time and off days when needed.
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
Really top notch Company. Great benefits and the culture is perfect. Only reason for leaving was relocation. The franchised Hyatts have different benefits.
I went into Hyatt as a corporate management trainee. When I completed my program, they were on a hiring freeze, but squeezed me in at a very low salary. I worked my butt off, sometimes 16 hours a day, and if I didn't get to eat 3 meals at work I would not have survived because the salary didn't match the cost of living in San Diego. My next few promotions came with very little salary increases and eventually the amount of work I was putting in for the amount of money I was getting paid just wasn't worth it anymore.
Iam single parent raising a 15 yes old teenager.Volunteer in his school doing costudiant.maintained cleanliness the whole school..rake and pick up leaves accumulated on grass areas.
Pros
Freefood
Cons
keeps u going to other job
4.5K