Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

Great job, just was part time. Made 35-50$ hourly..Management we're very respectful and fair! Plus stayed at every Hyatt in California for free .loved it
Pros
People and amenities
Cons
They don't hire full time a lot
Good money. Good people. Flexibility. Cafeteria. Health benefits. Discounted and comp rooms. Holiday pay. Hotel industry is the way to go for the f&b employees
Pros
Free meal
Best job ever!!! Highly recommend !!! Great pay, great benefits, superior management, free meals, advancement opportunities and the company truly cares about their employees
Pros
Everything- Great company to work for!!!
Cons
Covid19 desimated the industry
Have to wait one year to get comps and only for Full-time, Have to wait one year for a week paid vacation. HR is Horrible. F&B Managers agree to 50 hours a week. Hires inexperience managers a well to keep cost low. Staff barely sees management bc they are in office doing clerical work. More concerned about numbers on paper instead of staff. wouldn't get hired unless I opened up full availability. During covid kept occupancy high and no one monitoring masks on guests. Oh and once you get comps you need to book a year in advance bc they book up fast, then your managers don't give you the time off. Gm is great, HR male is the worst.
Pros
comps once you get them
Cons
no breaks, long hours, no coverage for breaks, lack of hands-on management
The work environment was well above average. My team were dedicated to providing exceptional hospitality. Great work culture, open door policy, great benefits, colleagues first, very positive experience.
Pros
Insurance, paid holidays, vacation pay, lunch and parking.
Cons
Salary was a click low.
Before we start our shift, we usually have a group meeting for what will be going on that day just so everyone will be on the same page. Overall, the managers are great. They don鈥檛 look down on us, instead they ask if we need help and even awards us since we have a quite amount of meetings, weddings, conventions going on in the hotel. I enjoy working there since everyone in our team gets along very well. It鈥檚 a good work environment to be in.
Pros
Free lunches, Parking Space.
Cons
Short Breaks.
Hyatt is one of my favorite place to work,People are so helpful and welcoming,Everyone treated the same is like working with your family,There are Times that you came across with difficult situations which is inevitable working in the service industry,but because of the support of the people that I worked with it becomes easy..I highly recommend this company to work With after this difficult times that world is facing..
It was nice to work with Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego. I learned alot and personal experience and the work place are awesome. Good pay and benefits. Unfortunately we have to let go because of pandemic.
Pros
Free lunch
Been working here for 16 years but I don鈥檛 have a problem with my coworkers. I love my job. Hyatt give us good benefits. Free food. Good salary. Our GM always look what will be beneficial for us.
Im a cook and i love my job. surrounding myself by people who are as passionate for the art of cooking is my goal. ive been able to find those people in Hyatt.
Days of work at the Grand Hyatt where long hours 10 o 12 hours, but they seem to go faster because I had a great team to work with and make my day go very smooth and fun, management was very supportive and helpful and anything that I needed they were there to help me .culture at the Hyatt is to give the best experience possible to their customers and also their employees , The hardest part of the job for me was going from a small resort and Lost Pines Bastrop Texas to the second largest hotel in the Hyatt I had to really get some cardio going every day walking from one kitchen to another . The most enjoyable part of this job was living in San Diego and working at the grand Hyatt it鈥檚 a beautiful facility the people are Streamley friendly and learning new cuisine because people in California eat way different than in Texas .
Pros
Free lunch, employees appreciation days
Cons
This work environment was awesome because it was the perfect job shift for me at the time also the salary was good and they were flexible with my schedule
Es un lugar donde se disfruta trabajar desde q entras es como estar en familia
Definitely my favorite place ever. Great management, great HR department, amazing culture. Great pay and flexibility. Beautiful property and steady work.
Hyatt gives you a ton of different avenues to help advance your career. Regardless of your education Hyatt gives you the ability to prove you're capable to do a job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Need to have open availabilty.
It was a wonderful experience to be able to be a part of an awesome team. The opportunity of giving the best experience to guests is very rewarding when you see the smiling faces.
Pros
Seeing people having a good time
Cons
Not seeing people have a good time
i worked all of food and beverage depatmenmt from, hostess to chef to server to barista and even a bartender for the pool. the enviroinment is very fast paced.
Banquets was a bit stressful at times, but overall it was not too bad. Great pay. Only min wage, but with tips ay least $20 an hour. Sometimes it came out to $40 or $50 an hour!!
Great place to get into hospitality. Caring individuals everywhere. Can be fast paced at times. Genuine care and associate well being is top of mind daily. Pay is appropriate at higher management levels.
Pros
Great place to work for, Good Benefits, Caring Management, Great fringe benefits such as 12 free nights.
Cons
Can be fast paced and stressful but what job isn't?
There's something about working for a company that genuinely cares about you that motivates you to do your best to represent the company and care for the guests.
I have learned how to communicate with different people every day and got enough experiance how to resolve peopl's issue, how handle customers, manage the job under a heavy pressure. A very good relations with the Hotel management and employee.
Pros
free meal