Hyatt Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

Found 114 reviews matching the search See all 8,759 reviews
Good
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA2 December 2019
This work environment was awesome because it was the perfect job shift for me at the time also the salary was good and they were flexible with my schedule
En familia
House person Even set up (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA27 November 2019
Es un lugar donde se disfruta trabajar desde q entras es como estar en familia
Best place i've ever worked
On-call Banquet server (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA3 November 2019
Definitely my favorite place ever. Great management, great HR department, amazing culture. Great pay and flexibility. Beautiful property and steady work.
Great place to grow
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA17 September 2019
Hyatt gives you a ton of different avenues to help advance your career. Regardless of your education Hyatt gives you the ability to prove you're capable to do a job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Need to have open availabilty.
Working at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA9 September 2019
It was a wonderful experience to be able to be a part of an awesome team. The opportunity of giving the best experience to guests is very rewarding when you see the smiling faces.
Pros
Seeing people having a good time
Cons
Not seeing people have a good time
fun but stressful
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA26 August 2019
i worked all of food and beverage depatmenmt from, hostess to chef to server to barista and even a bartender for the pool. the enviroinment is very fast paced.
Flexible Schedule
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA21 August 2019
Banquets was a bit stressful at times, but overall it was not too bad. Great pay. Only min wage, but with tips ay least $20 an hour. Sometimes it came out to $40 or $50 an hour!!
Great Place to Work for
Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA9 August 2019
Great place to get into hospitality. Caring individuals everywhere. Can be fast paced at times. Genuine care and associate well being is top of mind daily. Pay is appropriate at higher management levels.
Pros
Great place to work for, Good Benefits, Caring Management, Great fringe benefits such as 12 free nights.
Cons
Can be fast paced and stressful but what job isn't?
I love working for Hyatt
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA6 August 2019
There's something about working for a company that genuinely cares about you that motivates you to do your best to represent the company and care for the guests.
During my stay with Hyatt as assistant manager was very productive.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA12 April 2019
I have learned how to communicate with different people every day and got enough experiance how to resolve peopl's issue, how handle customers, manage the job under a heavy pressure. A very good relations with the Hotel management and employee.
Pros
free meal
Professional
Events Server (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA13 March 2019
Strong work ethic encouraged and displayed. Management present at all times. Quick paced environment. Great food. Offers partial matching of 401k. Allows for a very flexible schedule.
Pros
Employee events
Cons
Can't move up on the list, Seniority based instead of a balance of work performance and availability
Beautiful hotel
Events Server (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA13 March 2019
Fast paced hotel. Strong professional standards are a must and very present. Wages are competitive with neighboring hotels. Nice place to work but close to impossible to move up in this department.
Pros
Great food, great pay. Nice people.
Cons
Close to impossible to move up in the department unless people quit, retire or get fired.
Hyatt
Banquet Set-up (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA23 December 2018
I love working at the Grand Hyatt I have been there 12 years and they treat us employees with great respect. I recommend this company to anyone looking to work for a great hotel.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
okay pay
It's ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA25 November 2018
growth potential which include leadership skills. Training to be an effective leader. Nepotism at work here. Slow rise of pay scale. Healthcare is expensive.
Very productive and efficient workplace with all management and employee
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA13 October 2018
During my stay in the last job, I have learned a lot how to handle customers, solving customers and employee problems, and working under pressure. Overall, I had a productive working place with all management and employees.
Cons
I had all the benefits
fun place to work
Event set-up supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA3 October 2018
productive and fun workplace, able to meet new people and meet new friends. management will do their best to take care of you like time and off days when needed.
Pros
friendly workplace
Great Company
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 September 2018
Really top notch Company. Great benefits and the culture is perfect. Only reason for leaving was relocation. The franchised Hyatts have different benefits.
Great experience, but overworked and underpaid
Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA25 September 2018
I went into Hyatt as a corporate management trainee. When I completed my program, they were on a hiring freeze, but squeezed me in at a very low salary. I worked my butt off, sometimes 16 hours a day, and if I didn't get to eat 3 meals at work I would not have survived because the salary didn't match the cost of living in San Diego. My next few promotions came with very little salary increases and eventually the amount of work I was putting in for the amount of money I was getting paid just wasn't worth it anymore.
Housekeeping
Manager-Vanessa Delgado (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA18 September 2018
Iam single parent raising a 15 yes old teenager.Volunteer in his school doing costudiant.maintained cleanliness the whole school..rake and pick up leaves accumulated on grass areas.
Pros
Freefood
Cons
keeps u going to other job
Job feels secure
Food facilitator, part-time (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA8 September 2018
well, overall, the hyatt has been a fun place to work. i have seen different sets of management pass through and things have changed slightly. but i still love working there. the culture is good and as a whole, the company tries to assist best they can. i learned to work as a team and be very reliable to others. the hardest part of the job is having energy to continue after a long day. things can get hectic quickly, and without a break, you can get burnt out quick. but overall, good company to work for.
Pros
$2 lunches
Cons
hard to squeeze in a break

54.2K