Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Santa Clara, CA

Santa Clara, CA30 reviews
I enjoy working for Hyatt as they are a great company to work for, provide good training, good atmosphere and care about their employees. It is like a big extended family!
Love working for Hyatt. I started woth the company in 2010 and have built my career with it. Hyatt promotes very well from within and has great family values.
Pros
Family oriented, good with promoting, job opportunities
Cons
Work life balance needs to be a bit better
I have been working in the same hotel for 15 years and it has always been very pleasant to be there.I feel blessed to be so many years working in the same place.
Pros
The great advantage is the flexibility of the schedule and I really like to work different events.
Cons
The great disadvantage is when there are not enough events we have very little work
It should not be required that one write a review for the purpose of informing others about what it is like to work for Hyatt Hotels Corporation. Indeed!
Really busy when the stadium has events. The amount of work is unfair for the day and night shift. The kitchen does not have a lot of support from the Chef. Lacking of management in hospitality.
Hyatt is a wonderful place to work. If you are taking hospitality management i would high suggest starting your first hotel job at hyatt. So many opportunities to transfer to a different department and learn from the various jobs you can do. It is truly a amazing place to work.
Immerse yourself in the Hyatt culture and it will pay you back 10 fold. A place where you will be appreciated and acknowledged for you hard work. A place to call home.
Unprofessionalism with management
MYRNA HARRIS im surprise she works for HR going around FORCING everyone that works there to say hi to eachother what a joke and if u dont say HI she gets all butt hurt, managment there tolerates harrassment even if u were to tell them they dont do anything about it , 2 chefs Arron lopez and Richard huong said something jokingly about a bj in front of other employees and that was swept under the rug they still have there er job's when they should of benn fired goes
The job itself is good. I just wish it compensated. As a manager, it doesn't allow you to comfortable live in the Bay Area which is the biggest challenge. Upper management cares about me and my colleagues, I just hope one day Hyatt takes where we live into consideration. Additionally, experience doesn't always play a real roll in your compensation either.
Pros
Free lunches, travel benefits, 401k match
Cons
Compensation
work at hyatt is different from most jobs. It is the most friendly environment there. Everyone treats eachother like Family and everyone helps eachother on anything. They provide Breakfast,lunch and dinner. For days like cinco de mayo or 4th of july we get food made by the managers and we always get treated right.The management is Great they answer all ure questions and help u when u need it. Theres times where they get out of hand with you but u can always talk to them about something u dont like and they will try and make it work for you. Every manager from different department are great friendly and can help u in whatever u need. also they have this program its called walk in my shoes. where u can shadown another person from a different department and learn things about what they do and you can transfer if u like it. we have alot of great things here. like family picnics. christmas partys and party of the year its just a great environment and work place.
Pros
Free Lunches, 2 10 min breaks, snacks, benefits, paid vacation, sick days
Cons
no overtime, alot favoratism
Great place to work, excellent advancement opportunities
Everybody works together and Departments all help each other out.

I looked forward to each and every shift.

You are expected to pull your weight and slackers are not tolerated.I liked that
Pros
Always a fun place to work
Cons
Some Management acts like Jr High School Clicks
Hyatt is a great place to work as they care for their people so they can be their best. A typical day at Hyatt is having the opportunity to learn something new. Also, biggest part of my duties is to ensure that I follow up with clients, coordinates meetings, work on my expense reports, requisitions, manage complex calendars for the managers I support. The management is very supportive on supporting every associate to pursue their target carrier. With that said, the most challenging part of the job is dealing with difficult client. However, at the same time this is the most rewarding part of the job as well because it will give you learning opportunities how to make an impact to your client.
Pros
Making an impact to clients
Cons
Difficult Clients
Trained in the events and food and beverage department. Hyatt Santa Clara gives an amazing opportunity to move up in the company. Whatever your interest are, you can move around and see what suites you best. In events and Food and Beverage, it is a face paced environment where you are dealing with large masses of people at a time. You must have quick problem-solving skills, leaderships skills, and be able to communicate and deal with many different people and clients.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, NEEDS HELP WITH MANAGEMENT. Working front desk as an agent is thrilling, you get to meet new and wonderful people and get to work with amazing employees who do their best!
It was more than a job really great place to work. I would definitely recommend this place. Awesome company and they take care of their people. AWESOME!
Cons
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara has earned best places to work by the Silicon Valley Newsgroup 6 years consecutively. There is a reason, from the GM to the housekeepers, every one values and is proud of their work. It really is a camaraderie and family style of company that values investing in each individual on a deeper and meaningful level so everyone can perform.
Pros
Work culture, Leadership, meal compensation
Cons
Salary
My job is the regency club concierge. i interact with guest ensuring that they are happy and their needs are met. I go in and se up a buffet of food and a open bar to my specific prefernces. I keep all drinks and food stocked and filled at all times and make sure the guest have a smile on their face. the management allows me to do what i need to do and check in once and a whie to see if i need anything.
Pros
free bufffet lunch and coffee
Cons
short lunch
Truly the best hospitality company in the industry. Great people, outstanding properties. Good work/life balance. I recommend working with this company if given the chance.
Positive Workplace, Good Support, Great People, Front Desk Managers Could Improve. Never the less, great place to work. Human Resources is out of this world.
Pros
Positive environment, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Managers could improve on a little more caring about employees
Enjoy working here. They strive to maintain authentic empathy between guests and associates. Can be difficult to balance work and life especially if you are not working in the offices but overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
Free food and great benefits
Cons
Unless you work in the offices your schedule is not set and it is hard to get Sundays off.
A typical day at the hyatt would be an event at the hotel. We would help with all of the distribution and clean up, making sure the event was running as smooth as possible. It was a very fast but productive environment.
Pros
A lot of work functions with great food
Cons
Turn over rate was high, Constantly hiring new people
4.4K