Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Sarasota, FL

Sarasota, FL31 reviews
Hyatt is great at communication and training. I had the opportunity to attend numerous training sessions both online as well as in person.

The difficult part of Hyatt is that they use so many different systems to operate the hotel versus other hotels that only use one or two systems.
Kitchen is severely understaffed. No work-life balance even though promoted. Chef does an excellent job keeping the ship running but doesn't really get support from upper management
Pros
Massive amounts of overtime
Cons
No work-life balance
Inexperienced supervisors and unethical HR make the Hyatt a terrible choice for professionals. If you want grief apply now and regret your decision later.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
The company is franchised out to Interstate Hotels. Cheap, slave driving, management vs employees mentality. They will purposefully schedule you on requested days off and give other employees 5 days off in a row, and they won't approve PTO until 5 days before so good luck planning a trip. The hotel also runs the MINIMAL staff necessary to keep daily functions, but one employee does about 3 jobs. Ex: Bartender also buses and waits tables for entire restaurant.
Pros
Free employee food in Bistro
Cons
Bistro Food is disgusting
Good place to get experience large scale events hotel is outdated and needs to be renovated Overall I learned a lot and enjoyed my work. Made good contacts in the industry.
Hyatt is a great company.They spend a great deal of time on training and taking care of associates both management and hourly staff. They are strong in trying new ideas and will be in the market for a very long time.
Pros
Integrity
Cons
hyatt is an excellent place to work. fully of exciting and energetic employees. plenty of opportunity for growth and expansion. you can definitely reach your goals with this company.
Condition of hotel began to rapidly deteriorate resulting in a change in the clientele and subsequently tips. foot injury limited my ability to run up and down concrete hill for valeted vehicles
Pros
guys I worked with
Cons
many nights of minimal $
awesome views, different shifts, wonderful coworkers, special events, great coffee, great work to get your steps, free food for on call or full time employees.
Pros
Helpful coworkers
Cons
As a Hyatt employee for 19 years, I have loved everything about my job and the company. With the knowledge and experience I have gained from the Hyatt, I have grown as a manager. I have earned the respect of my peers and employees.
However, with the recent transition to a different management company, the work environment has changed in a negative way.

I look forward to a more positive work environment with new challenges ahead where I can thrive.
Pros
My longtime department co-workers
Cons
New management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Except for the last Manager before being outsourced, it was a great work place. The Hyatt gave you plenty of opportunities to travel and advance. The benefits were outstanding and the culture was advanced.
Working at the Hyatt regency was a great experience for me. I love every person I worked with that place really help me grow. I would recommend anyone to work for hyatt
When I was there my manager was B and he was awesome. Banquet Capt was awesome.. the hotel was recently sold so im not sure if discount program has changed but you were able to get a hyatt house for 50 bucks and that's an entire apartment.
Pros
Good money nice atmosphere
Cons
The staff made this one of my favorite work places. Most workers and managers here are always friendly and willing to help. The work is what you expect for the position.
I loved the guests. I cross-trained in reservations, catering and PBX.

I was in the sales office and we were like a family.
Pros
Free food, 12 free nights, 401k match
Cons
Workload
Hard to balance work and personal life, working holidays, weekends, long hours, must relocate to advance, the team makes the difference, the people working in hospitality and love to customers are driven element
Pros
Great coworkers
Benefits
Excellent company to work for. I want to move forward and grow within a larger company. Excellent pay, benefits and supervisors/coworkers.
As a front desk agent I have learned multiple new skills and have become increasingly advanced in numerous operating systems. Friendly associates and a welcoming atmosphere.
If you start here young and can make it through some of the tough days and tough guests, you can really move up quickly if you have the patience and work ethic.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits packages
Cons
Takes too long to hire associates which puts strain on other workers.
The overall environment is laid back, but can get very stressful during the busy days/seasons. The management there is awesome, but their isn't any room for advancement at this franchised location.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
You rarely get breaks
My day at work is stressful. I learned how to work on a computer better. My managers were great at training and teaching me what was important to know in company policies. Co workers were very helpful. The hardest part was adjusting to different hours they were open. What I enjoyed was having a set schedule to work.
4.5K