Hyatt
Updated: 25 March 2020

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Savannah, GA

Savannah, GA45 reviews
Meeting and learning
Interested in showing my hard working skills , I have been working for hotels since the age of 17 years old . I’m now 19 . I would love to give it another try
Head Chef
Once you do something they don't like it's down hill from there, you'll become a target and will definitely get picked on for the smallest thing's. No team work, if your the target you'll get called out for thing's that had nothing to do with you. If you get sick or you have a mental illness THIS DEFINITELY NOT THE PLACE TO WORK, they will not work with you only push you right out the door. mosto
Anonymously put
Not good. Management doesn't care about the staff only when its beneficial to covering them or making them look good. This place is chaotic and not really room for growth
Management was a joke
No one kept they word, couldn't trust management to keep they mouths shut they always told your business, they would promise you a position, give it to you and still except you to do more than one job position to benefit themselves and you still ended up with less ridden 40 hours. Even when they know you worked over time they lie and manipulate the time clock. BS job if you not apart of the Hyatt itself they dont respect you or your work ethics
About the job
Great tips but had they pick plus it was a temp job.Some of the girls were very rude and not very helpful also the supervisor were stealing tips out the rooms also.
No room for advancement
The only way to move up in the company is to be someone who can be "molded" ie. a professional butt kisser. If you are someone who actually thinks. Your job could be on the line if you were to voice those thoughts.
Enjoyable place to work - Makes you feel a part of the team
I found that working for the Hyatt Regency - Savannah a very rewarding place to work. They did make me feel like family. People that have been there for 10, 20, 30, and 40 years seem to be happy and content at the Hyatt Regency - Savannah.

I truly enjoyed working at the Hyatt Regency - Savannah
Pros
Free lunch, earned time off, Perks, breaks
Real cool
I work through another company and I think the people that work there are awesome. The people there are real cool and laid back. The team works together and holds each other up and strong that our environment is clean and peaceful.
Productive and positive work environment
I really love working with Hyatt because of the positive work environment and also the benefits you will get when you work real hard. You’ll learn lots of things and know people in different industry and in different culture.
Pros
Free meals, etc
Subject
I never would have been able to further my job skills that I have now had not been for the Hyatt. It made me a more way more better employee than I ever would have imagine.
Productive and Engaging environment to work in.
Each day is a fun work day with co-workers that have become like family. We pride in making guest feel at home when they visit our hotel and want to come again!
Pros
Benefits, Great Management, Open Door Policy
Cons
Slow Seasons bring low pay.
stressful
do not work for the company management is lazy and shows favoritism to female employees.
you are there to perform the your job and whoever else that did not come in to work their shift.
Recognition for Hard Work
Was able to learn and advance and even completely change careers.
Excellent and complete training provided with tools to perform job. Good benefits, meals included in workday. Sufficient breaks, transparent communication.
Pros
Free lunches, transparency, supportive, educational
Cons
Parking
Front Desk
Meeting new people every day. People who stayed were sweet most of the time. Unless there was an issue with there room. Weekends are required due to the business.
The worst company I have ever worked for. I will never work for another Hyatt Hotel again.
Where do I begin. The 3 corworkers that I worked with were the laziest clock milking group of people I had ever worked with in my life. They only ever helped each other and took hours to do things in groups of two or more than a person working alone at a steady paceworking by him/herself. They took smoke breaks every hour on the hour and always needed help with the smallest of tasks acting like they never knew what was going on or how to get it done. They constantly left me to do the dirtiest rooms which required the most work and the management or supervisory staff never wrote them up for anything. This was the worst most unfruitful under payed position I have ever taken and it will never happen again.
Cons
Horrible Place to Work!!!
Your typical day is that you are constantly put down, and told that your time management skills are not up to par, when how can you have effective time management when you are troubleshooting the issue. Also you are not allowed overtime and in order to succeed you have to take your laptop at home, but are not allow to be paid for it. You are one person working for two hotels there isn't enough time in the universe to work that efficiently, they will not give you an assistant, because they can't afford it, yet the hotel is a cash cow. You are managed by the Finance Director who only cares about money not quality of your performance. So basically you are mismanaged and defiantly do not have the time or the energy to effectively do this job. Then they wonder why they keep on loosing people well if you gave the people what they need to do their job like their logo states then yeah maybe you could be happy there. DO NOT WORK for the Hyatt Regency Savannah HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!!
Pros
Cons
The work environment, bosses, hotel is falling apart, people do not care for one another and if they "show" that they do it isn't real it is all a show
Great Workplace
The culture at Hyatt is we care for people so they can be their best and I feel it every time I go to work. There are many opportunities for growth and career advancement for those who want them. Hyatt offers a great benefits package and discounted and complimentary rooms.
Pros
Travel, advancement opportunities
pros and cons
Very great company just need more management. Then he a manager. Will stay on top of the staff but keep an eye on their work detail. could pay more money.
I want to be able to host and to serve people.
I want to be able to host and to serve people. I love to cook and to serve people, I was a server at my church, i was a server for the birthday parties and for Wednesday night fellowship that we have at my church I love to host and to serve people.
Pros
to be able to have free lunch
Cons
to be able to have breaks at work
Can be a fun environment to work in at times.
Service industry environment, everyday is different and challenging. Working with interns from other countries is a plus as you learn about other cultures and languages.
Pros
Fun co-workers, different weekly events
Cons
Low pay, Bad management
Too many inefficient protocols.
As a bartender, the longer the list of "specialty drinks" and different recipes, cuts efficiency. Guests take too long to order, have too many questions, and the novice drinker tends to choose a sweet, not-too-sophisticated drink. It is not likely they will reorder.
Pros
Lunch/employee cafeteria. Employee locker room, employee laundry
Cons
Late hours, difficult to communicate through out departments
4.3K